WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rumor that she was in a sitting position was speculation from Del Rio.

Also, I have looked hard everywhere on that property.......except back in the thick brush. I see no blood.........nothing that indicates there was a struggle for survival.....etc. There is a lot of the tall grasses that are laid down, but it looks like it's been that way for quite a long time and it isn't all chewed up. It's just laid down and most of it is wet and dried out and brown, etc. I only saw broken twigs and branches on the smaller trees that are on either side of the one pathway that leads down the steep bank to the beach...... where LE tied an orange ribbon on a branch. The only areas on the beach that looked like the rocks were disturbed was the one spot that had no rocks at all and another spot nearby that had more dirt than rocks, and I took pictures and video of both of those. Also, the area where there seems to be a bit of a pile of dark rocks, where some of the crime scene tape is visible within the pile, and that is near the West property line. Both of the ponds were full of green slime and tumbleweeds and plants growing up from the sides and the bottom. Nothing looked disturbed or even recently disturbed. I did take a couple of videos of the grassy area at the foot of the big stream, where the cut off telephone pole is. Those grasses are all matted down, but there were deer hoof prints in the mud and lots of other critter footprints, so imagine it's a great place for animals to drink from the stream. The parts of the bank that have all the thick brush are fairly steep, so if she was on any part of those banks, and there are a few areas that aren't totally closed off with thick brush.......she might have been in a somewhat sitting position, as the bank is so steep. So, I could see that, and if the water level was high, her feet and legs could be in the water and she would be "on the bank", but not really hidden well. The banks below the West side of the property are not steep and there is less "beach"/rock exposed when the water level is down than on the East part of the property. There is not much brush, either, so you can see through the trees and grasses that are there. The videos all show that. 51% complete, at this point. I kid you not..............I have been loading them since 8:pm last night!
Thanks so much 'Inspector Rose' LOL a la Autumn, Your synopsis of that property is really well done and gives a more full picture of the scene.

I wonder why that one red flag is there? The other marker/s flat to the ground could be survey markers. Realizing how difficult it would be to move her body, 130 lbs of dead weight, do you have any feeling that the killer stumbled and with her weight she might have slid down that hill and the rising water moved her over to where she was found? I guess that would mean that she'd have been stored somewhere for a few days and put there maybe in the dead of night on Fri. I can see the movement of water up the bank a bit would maybe wash her over to where she was found, which was a spot visible from the road up above I believe. xox IMO

Did I do it right? Can you guys see them?
Jareeth, they are marvelous photos and I thank you for all the work you have done and sharing them with us. I had no idea you were out taking photos yesterday. Do you wonder why they placed tape around the pond? That is something to think about, eh? xox

Scandi, go look at my pics. I speculate that flag may have been marking a partial or full footprint.

My guess would be that the pond made a likely search for "ditched" items; phone, weapons, etc.

Speculation.

My guess would be that the pond made a likely search for "ditched" items; phone, weapons, etc.

Speculation.

Thanks for those pictures! Sorry if you've already explained this, but why did you bring your realtor along?

About the pond & volleyball net, yes, people have actually played volleyball there! I remember seeing people in there but the water was clean & everything was maintained, unlike now.

Thanks so much 'Inspector Rose' LOL a la Autumn, Your synopsis of that property is really well done and gives a more full picture of the scene.

I wonder why that one red flag is there? The other marker/s flat to the ground could be survey markers. Realizing how difficult it would be to move her body, 130 lbs of dead weight, do you have any feeling that the killer stumbled and with her weight she might have slid down that hill and the rising water moved her over to where she was found? I guess that would mean that she'd have been stored somewhere for a few days and put there maybe in the dead of night on Fri. I can see the movement of water up the bank a bit would maybe wash her over to where she was found, which was a spot visible from the road up above I believe. xox IMO

I didn't get any feeling whatsoever that a body had been dragged anywhere! The ground is very wet and soft under all the matted grasses, and I would think that dragging somebody would tear up the ground and the matted grasses somewhat. I didn't get any sense that the grounds had been searched, as I'm thinking you would have go in there with machetes and bare hands and just start pulling stuff out and sifting through it. I don't even know how you would check the stream without ripping out all the bramble bushes and sifting through everything. It would be a monumental task! Nothing really looks disturbed to me. Except for the two spots on the beach where there are rocks missing. Also, I'm not really sure where her body was found! Del Rio posted so much information and speculation as to where the stream is, etc. and I'm thinking she was found much more to the west than where that stream/spring is. It's darn near a river! I mean, you can hear the power of it in my video's. It's NOT trickling water! I got no sense that the house was disturbed, either. Of course, I only looked through the windows and couldn't see into the back bedrooms or bathroom(s)
I have a pretty good eye for detail and really looked for drag marks or signs of a struggle or spots that may have been "cleared" for evidence, etc. Broken tree limbs or branches........big holes in the brush that a person could at least crawl through........and found nuthin. Except for the markers that were "placed" in the pathway :)..........the yellow paint in the small clearing above the bank and the orange ribbon tied (at knee level) to one of the small trees next to the beach. If there were clearings within the bramble bushes...........I don't know how anyone would get to them. I saw no areas where anything had been cut back and, while I have no idea what a duck blind looks like..........I didn't see any area where you could have gotten into the brush/bushes to create one! There was one tree down near the beach that had an area under it where it looked maybe a deer would lay, but it wasn't extremely hidden. Easily seen.

Thanks for those pictures! Sorry if you've already explained this, but why did you bring your realtor along?

About the pond & volleyball net, yes, people have actually played volleyball there! I remember seeing people in there but the water was clean & everything was maintained, unlike now.

I think her intention was to go INSIDE to view the property, however that did not work out.

Gone Too Soon- is there anything you can clear up for us? What do you think about this cheating rumor? Also, what about everythng that Alt so graciously summarized for us from the chat room?

In brief, I think there is some confusion about the terms "relationship" & "cheating" as in loose definitions or actions. Also, is the report from the daughter a first hand account or is it from hearsay. Were they WITH MC on New Year's Eve either with JV or with another OR did they just hear about it? I'd be really surprised if it is what it sounds like and I'd also be surprised if it's first hand knowledge. I am also increasingly weary of the sleuthing of MC when she is clearly the VICTIM here - she is NOT responsible for being murdered.

I'd like to say that the summary of information from the chat room by Alt is accurate; but I am feeling like being required to use the chat room to have a useful discussion on this case has really diluted the ability to follow the case efficiently (going to work, school, etc) and I wish we could be permitted to discuss with care and caution ALL the scenarios/possibilities instead of just selected ones.

I have to run for now - may check back later, but losing my interest in this forum for the reasons I have stated.

In brief, I think there is some confusion about the terms "relationship" & "cheating" as in loose definitions or actions. Also, is the report from the daughter a first hand account or is it from hearsay. Were they WITH MC on New Year's Eve either with JV or with another OR did they just hear about it? I'd be really surprised if it is what it sounds like and I'd also be surprised if it's first hand knowledge. I am also increasingly weary of the sleuthing of MC when she is clearly the VICTIM here - she is NOT responsible for being murdered.

I'd like to say that the summary of information from the chat room by Alt is accurate; but I am feeling like being required to use the chat room to have a useful discussion on this case has really diluted the ability to follow the case efficiently (going to work, school, etc) and I wish we could be permitted to discuss with care and caution ALL the scenarios/possibilities instead of just selected ones.

I have to run for now - may check back later, but losing my interest in this forum for the reasons I have stated.

Thank you and I completely agree about the sleuthing of MC. I hope you continue to come back here because we all really appreciate the insight you have given us! It's great for MC's sake to have someone who knew her, loved her and can clear up harmful comments about her.

One quick question- is there a specific scenario/possibility that you would like to see discussed here?

Yes, mý intent was to go inside. My REALTOR is on a different multiple, though (the listing agent is on NWMLS), so it didn't work out.

The chat room is ok... but I like the forums better.

I asked the question.... yeah, I was referring to BS, Ms. Tacoma.

From her FB photo, I think BS's looks are similar to MC's. If I were a car wash attendant, I may remember the car and a only a "dark-haired girl." -- IMO

IMO everyone here understands that MC is the victim. No one here is saying that MC is responsible for being murdered. That should never apply to anyone.

We're trying to understand who might have come into contact with her on 2/9 or before that presented an unknown danger to her. Forget the tryst rumor, just pretend that they had lunch and for all we know that could be. The point is, who is this rumored person. Weak rumor, strong rumor, how come we can't get a name or initials to come to the surface? I wish someone with access to this rumor would find out and let us know, one way or the other. TIA.

Do you have any idea how far removed from the teacher the "chatter" is?

Is this a rumor that has been passed around the school or did the person hear it directly from the teacher?

I completley understand if you don't know as I understand you are giving information on something that was posted in a chat room.

I didn't get the feeling it came from a particular teacher or "source," just general discussion. That's just my take on it, but I didn't chat or post that info, so idk. Not qualified to answer. :)

I didn't get the feeling it came from a particular teacher or "source," just general discussion. That's just my take on it, but I didn't chat or post that info, so idk. Not qualified to answer. :)

Thank you very much. It is hard to keep who said what straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck