GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Vic

James Vic New Member

Reviewing the Wenatchee World articles…

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/topics/cowell/

It seemed that the first couple of days LE were very focused on Pitcher Canyon, where her car was found. When the FBI arrived, they were focused on abduction; however, after the car was searched and swabbed there was a change. If LE were still looking at abduction, I don’t think that they would have referred to the FBI as still helping at the request of Chelan County Sheriff’s office.

Found in her car, the clothes that she was wearing on the video. LE most likely thought that someone had taken her and removed her clothing. They may have been surprised to find that she was wearing clothing when they found her body.

2. humwhatsup

humwhatsup New Member

Sorry, I just might be too tired, But where did LE get the number called to 6 times from? Cell phone missing and all, and the "Hey" text. I understand the warrant wanting more info on the called # ( in/out/texts..etc). KWIM?? Or maybe it's time for bed? Thoughts.

3. Astraea

Astraea New Member

I assume the number was in her call records (sometimes even available online to the account holder). I am wondering why the clothing that was supposed to be in the car is not on the property receipt. Surely they must have held it for evidentary purposes....

4. James Vic

James Vic New Member

That is a good question. I wonder if the clothing was removed from the car before the car was processed. Or maybe the officer thought the clothing in the back seat was the clothing that MC was wearing and used that to help obtain the search warrant. Then they found out that it was some other clothing. In that case the clothing she was found in could still be the clothing that she had on when she left school, which will only be known when the coroner’s report is released. One thing about seeing little bits and pieces, sometime you don’t get the big picture.

5. AutumnRose

AutumnRose New Member

Lol! I will get pictures for you this week end and I will pay close attention to the glass and kitchen counters.......whether inside or outside.

6. ajfa

ajfa Member

Which picture are you looking at? I can't seem to find one of the CB house with an empty bottle in the the fridge on the deck. Thanks.

7. YOJO

YOJO New Member

Sometimes the big pic. is found with little bits and pieces. Maybe all of us working together will find the killer/s

8. ajfa

ajfa Member

Finally got around to looking at the pictures of the spec home. In the kitchen, there appears to be a bottle or bottles on the island, and a black vase, fairly large, on a counter. More glassware to consider.

Broken glass might have been what someone saw that caused that person to alert authorities. I believe that a long time ago in a thread far away there was a rumor about someone (neighbor, real estate person?) who saw something in the spec home that caused LE to search the residence. Broken glass might have caused someone to suspect something like a break-in, or worse.

JMHO

9. AutumnRose

AutumnRose New Member

The glass chards could have come from somebody else's clothing. However, I really don't think her car was at the CB house either.

10. pepsi

pepsi New Member

since mc has bft to the back of her head. do you think maybe someone could've smashed her head into the countertop instead of using a hammer or other item?
    i'm wondering if it did happen in the house at CB maybe there could've been a knife in the kitchen in one of the utensile drawers. just a theory.

11. pepsi

pepsi New Member

i'm looking toward maybe she was killed over a new boyfriend. it doesn't take much for kids nowadays to become violent. the violence in schools are getting much more violent then it was 10 years ago. i leaning more toward maybe she met up with a jeolous ex or recent boyfriend.

12. ajfa

ajfa Member

BBM

Just curious if you heard something about BFT to the back of her head? According to the WW article about COD, it mentions “Blunt impact to the head” but nothing specifically about the the back of the head. Just curious.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/teen-was-stabbed-strangled/?online

13. pepsi

pepsi New Member

i really believe it was someone she dated recently. kids nowadays know how to hide things. i also believe it was more than one person. if the killer is reading this i have to say that this person is such a coward. what kind of crazy person takes another life.

14. pepsi

pepsi New Member

15. ziggy

ziggy Active Member

When I saw glass shards and kitchen counter together I thought maybe recycled glass countertops, but after looking at the pics, nope. The vase or wine bottle are better options.

16. pepsi

pepsi New Member

do you think the glass bottle or vase was used to hit her in the head?

17. ajfa

ajfa Member

Could be a possibility. JMO

18. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Quote:
    bbm

The seemingly short-sightedness of some professional investigators always astounds me. Years experience? Perhaps but not thinking outside the box...

Regarding:

"The one number that could match is 509.REDACTED."

I found more than one .... I'll explain:
    • Original area code and prefix, with line number redacted:
      509-884-xxxx
    • Report indicates the investigator found ONE working number:
      509-881-xxxx
    The investigator tried different PREFIXES and perhaps tried different LINE numbers but ... I suspect he did not SHIFT the line number GROUP based on keypad positions.

There are multiple directions in which you can 'shift' keypad numbers.

If you're driving while dialing, you have to watch the road and sometimes dial by 'feel'. When preoccupied with driving and perhaps turning the steering wheel, you might 'mis-feel' where your fingers land on the keypad:
    • feels like: 7788 but you're dialing: 8899
    • 4455 -> 5566
    • 4455 -> 7788
    • 5656 -> 8989
    • 5656 -> 2323
    Women who dial using their fingernails (I know, rare .. what woman would risk damaging their nails?) are more likely to misdial by 'feel' while driving.

I sleuthed numbers based on the sequence of LINE numbers MC pressed and immediately found viable numbers.

The owner of one number lives in Wenatchee, has FB and MySpace pages and the FB page is a fan of the MacKenzie Memorial page, and also works at Children's Dentistry of Wenatchee.

I found nothing relevant on the persons FB and MySpace pages. If this was the intended number my guess is MC simply was attempting to contact a friend who works at the dentist's office. I say friend because it is the person's personal phone number, not the dentist office number.

I will not post that number nor the associated name but I'm sure many of you other sleuthers are savvy to the point and can extrapolate to different numbers. The one I referenced here might be a bit misty ...

19. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1439/2/

I wonder if the (509) 630-xxxx number referenced in a Property Siezure Record is a possible source of that text message?

I think the message lends more as reference to desire to buy drugs, but ya' never know ...

20. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Hoping that whomever was involved in the breaking of glass left some blood on the shards that were found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.