WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did JV date MC at some point? I'm confused.....

One of JV's Myspace friends had a message to JV saying how he was so sorry about Mackenzie. It led some of us to believe that JV and Mackenzie were an item, or at least had been.

Hmm, that actually isn't a bad idea, if this house is really as secluded as it look he could have secreted his bike nearby, driven her car out, but then would have to have someone drive him out later to pick it up (unless he has access to a pickup truck).

Hmm...he would need a truck to pick up his bike...maybe a truck he left in town...in a parking lot...covered in mud? Now where did we see one of those?
Maybe he left the bike at/near the house, dropped her car off, walked back to town, got his truck, and went to pick up the bike.
Maybe the reason the nosy neighbor didn't notice the tire marks in the grass until Saturday was because they weren't there until then. I thought I heard mentioned that there was evidence of the murder inside the house. Maybe he left her there a few days and then went back to move her.

I just noticed that Mackenzie's FB friends list is -2. Who would remove themselves as a friend, after their 'friend' was murdered.

Oh :waitasec: .... maybe somebody who's got something to hide. Maybe not murder, but 'sumpin'!

Perhaps they know people are dredging the internet for clues and would rather not be linked.

I just noticed that Mackenzie's FB friends list is -2. Who would remove themselves as a friend, after their 'friend' was murdered.

Oh :waitasec: .... maybe somebody who's got something to hide. Maybe not murder, but 'sumpin'!

Perhaps they know people are dredging the internet for clues and would rather not be linked.

That is a reasonable explanation and the thought had occured to me, as well. In my mind, it tends to make them look a bit suspicious. Possibly even stand out more than if they remained.

I found another beautiful "In Memory of Mackenzie" video .... such a HUGE waste of a gorgeous girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG589zY7Daw

As you view it, see if anything sticks out at you.

did you see anything significant? I wonder about the location of those shoots ...

Exactly, LadyL!

ok, we need a local to look at the video and who might be willing to scope out the area where she was found & see if anything looks familiar

good work Liz!

ok, we need a local to look at the video and who might be willing to scope out the area where she was found & see if anything looks familiar

good work Liz!

While it is more than difficult to even estimate the location of where those photos might be from, it is pretty easy to say they don't appear to be anything from the location where her body was found. Most of them actually appear to be some of the standard locations photographers use in this town for Senior Photos. I really can't see anything significant in those pictures, other than a beautiful young woman lost forever.

He would say only that it was a homicide. Asked specifically about that, Jones said, “In this part of the case, we feel our results are a very important part of the investigation, possibly being able to tie him or her to the crime scene.”

I just find this interesting. I think it could mean a whole lot of different things.

Dear Posters:

1. We do not sleuth minors on WS. Period. Do not post about anyone who you think is a potential suspect who is a minor unless his/her name has been publicly released by LE.

2. It is against TOS to post about messaging/emailing/PMing each other. Of course, you may do that. But no posting about it.

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

"A 20-person investigative team, including members of the FBI, is currently looking into Cowell's death. They've already ruled out abduction, since surveillance cameras captured her on tape getting into her car."

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/02/mackenzie_cowells_murder_promp.php

So she couldn't have been abducted somewhere else? Like if she stopped somewhere?

:waitasec:

I think they have much more surveillance than they're telling us about. We know they have additional video from Kittitas street, I think they have more. I think they may possibly already even have video of a POI/suspect in her car, and that's how they're able to rule out abduction so easily.

did you see anything significant? I wonder about the location of those shoots ...

It looks like either the area of the abandoned car OR where she was found but it seems that's been ruled out (see post above) but I'll still go with the couch in the middle of a field (kinda bizarre) & I wonder if the foundation of that house-to-be was one her mom was building not that this really matters if the location does not. KWIM?

I think they have much more surveillance than they're telling us about. We know they have additional video from Kittitas street, I think they have more. I think they may possibly already even have video of a POI/suspect in her car, and that's how they're able to rule out abduction so easily.

If that's true then why the importance of showing us all the video of the parking lot & her getting in the car before driving away? I thought that was to help produce clues from the public?.

Did they say there's additional video of Kittitas St? If so, I missed that.

Originally Posted by peacegirl
Question: Why would the authorities be at Mackenzie's car as quickly as they got there? I thought a missing person her age wasn't missing until 24hrs gone.

Hi Gang!
I just wanted to clarify something on this question, since it hadn't been addressed (this is from thread #1)... a little OT, but... very important IMO...

Any minor, even one who is 17, can be reported as missing immediately upon any concern that s/he is not where they are supposed to be. The "24-hr rule" does not apply to minors. (Actually, it doesn't apply to adults either if there is any suspicion of foul play or possible endangerment- like, a person who mysteriously leaves kids unattended, may have medical issues, or who has taken out a restraining order against someone and then disappears)

Now, that doesn't mean that LE will send out an all-points bulletin for a 17 yr-old who misses curfew or anything... but, for any parent whose hinky-meter is going off, please, please, don't wait 24 hours to call LE. I have been told by a number of LE friends and co-workers that, in their opinion, the best case scenario is to have a call, look into it, and find out that the kid is ok. They would rather know right away, assess the situation and decide what to... of course they want us civilians to do our due diligence first- call the friends or what have you... Common sense, here.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to get the word out there... Thanks for listening! :)

ETA- for anyone who is interested- the "24 hr" thing apparently started from just a SOP, "let's wait 24 hrs and see if they come home"- and, for an adult, that's probably pretty reasonable-- I mean, we all had those times in our youth where we went somewhere to escape, or slept over at a friends house to not drive home irresponsibly, IYKWIM. But, in the case of kids, it never should have been SOP-- although I would guess some LEA's did...

That is a reasonable explanation and the thought had occured to me, as well. In my mind, it tends to make them look a bit suspicious. Possibly even stand out more than if they remained.

It's so strange that NOBODY who knew her is talking..I've never seen such silence in a case like this & it includes her parents who supposedly are private ppl but they could get a spokesperson like so many others have but obviously that's not what they want to do..I just don't get it! :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member