WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from your link (emphasis by me):

Jones adds that investigators continue to pursue leads, but have not identified a suspect or person of interest in the case.

Interesting wording, KWIM? :waitasec:

Not following you Liz. What are you thinking?

Hotmadre-

Unfortunately shortly after the original speculation we had at least 2 posters come on here, post his full name, and confirm that he was indeed her BF- that they knew firsthand. Those have since been removed but I think a lot of people viewed them, and drew the wrong conclusions. Most of us have moved on from this now.

Also, AFAIK the WW has not retracted or corrected the statement that her BF is 17. I am still not totally convinced that this is an error.

Yes, girlfawkes, it is very sad that these first hand confirmations were incorrect. And her BF very well may be 17...just not on Facebook. ;)
I thought it had been moved on from as well, until I got several comments on the last thread that was removed, and I didn't get to see.

Not following you Liz. What are you thinking?

I was thinking that it doesn't mean that LE doesn't have a suspect; just that they haven't identified him (as in publicly indentifying) yet.

Just a thought .... :cool:

with all due respect to WW they are a small city paper that has been hit by the economic crunch. With the recent layoffs and cost reductions I think they do a pretty good job. I've been frustrated by them as well, but I understand there issues.

As a former investigator I honestly believe LE is sitting on a whole lot of information. "Back n the day" a quick arrest may have occured. IMO the i's are being dotted and the t's crossed to assure a conviction. maybe I'm just optimistic?

I completely agree. Most of LE's efforts are being focused on nixing possible defenses and other legal manuverings.

If WC and/or JF are their suspects, then they have enough money and assets to hire top-notch attorneys. They won't be represented by public defenders, I can guarantee that. So LE know they must do more cover all their bases on this one.

Hi---I am new to posting and this site and I posted a question on the ill-fated Thread #4. My question was does anyone know if the house near Pitcher Canyon listed by WC is vacant or not? My thought is this. I think 17 year old girls do a lot of things that are adventurous but driving up with someone you don't know to a weird place like Pitcher Canyon is creepy or at minimum would make most girls nervous---so I don't think she would do that. I would include driving up there with your mom's boyfriend to talk about his affairs as being quite a weird and creepy place to go all by yourself with an older guy. Why wouldn't she finish that conversation down at the boat launch? (Also I can't believe she would meet him down that close to her mom's work). I don't think I am unique in this---most girls have an instinct about getting way up in the boonies with someone that makes you uncomfortable. I am wondering a different theory but I need to know if someone lives in that house up there or is it vacant before I pose the ideas I have. Does anyone know?

BINGO Del Rio and btw, I appreciate your posts. Good info

Hi---I am new to posting and this site and I posted a question on the ill-fated Thread #4. My question was does anyone know if the house near Pitcher Canyon listed by WC is vacant or not? My thought is this. I think 17 year old girls do a lot of things that are adventurous but driving up with someone you don't know to a weird place like Pitcher Canyon is creepy or at minimum would make most girls nervous---so I don't think she would do that. I would include driving up there with your mom's boyfriend to talk about his affairs as being quite a weird and creepy place to go all by yourself with an older guy. Why wouldn't she finish that conversation down at the boat launch? (Also I can't believe she would meet him down that close to her mom's work). I don't think I am unique in this---most girls have an instinct about getting way up in the boonies with someone that makes you uncomfortable. I am wondering a different theory but I need to know if someone lives in that house up there or is it vacant before I pose the ideas I have. Does anyone know?

Great post Sunhaven, I'm on the same page. Curious to hear other opinions as well?

Also I have a thought about the confusion around her phone. As I remember it there was cell tower "ping" that went out to her phone at 5:40 (I think that was in WW) that automatically occurred and showed the location as up Squilchuck. Does anyone else remember that being reported that way?

So that could have happened and MC was not with her phone or in the car. Not long after that ping then her phone was turned off by ??. Just thinking that people assume she was with her phone until it was turned off---but that could be an incorrect assumption.

I completely agree. Most of LE's efforts are being focused on nixing possible defenses and other legal manuverings.

If WC and/or JF are their suspects, then they have enough money and assets to hire top-notch attorneys. They won't be represented by public defenders, I can guarantee that. So LE know they must do more cover all their bases on this one.

Agreed.

In addition, JF is a framer by trade, with other skills. He had been working on WC's spec home within the past few months, located in the Lower Sunnyslope area (read previous threads for background on the aforementioned).

I am so curious why people think WC and JF have money? Does no one understand the total slump in the housing market? She has a house payment, several thousand dollar loan payment on the spec. house, (the bank payment estimate for a purchaser is over $3000.00 a month) AND paying for two kids in college. They haven't even been connected to this crime, so why are we posting that they need attorneys?

I am so curious why people think WC and JF have money? Does no one understand the total slump in the housing market? She has a house payment, several thousand dollar loan payment on the spec. house, (the bank payment estimate for a purchaser is over $3000.00 a month) AND paying for two kids in college. They haven't even been connected to this crime, so why are we posting that they need attorneys?

All of that is very true.... but whos to say MCs brothers didnt get scholarships, or financial aid or loans? Or even RC is helping to pay for college tuition.... WC is not responsible for all of it alone....

i am so curious why people think wc and jf have money? Does no one understand the total slump in the housing market? She has a house payment, several thousand dollar loan payment on the spec. House, (the bank payment estimate for a purchaser is over $3000.00 a month) and paying for two kids in college. They haven't even been connected to this crime, so why are we posting that they need attorneys?

amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

I was thinking that it doesn't mean that LE doesn't have a suspect; just that they haven't identified him (as in publicly indentifying) yet.

Just a thought .... :cool:

My exact thought also.

All of that is very true.... but whos to say MCs brothers didnt get scholarships, or financial aid or loans? Or even RC is helping to pay for college tuition.... WC is not responsible for all of it alone....

The ONLY reason people are looking at JF and WC, is because of where they live, the fact they are both involved in Construction & Reality, and he wasn't at the Memorial, when in fact, who knows if he was or not. Oh and the fact WC wasn't on the ground sobbing.
http://www.griefhealing.com/column1.htm

From the real estate site pictures it looks lived in. Has furniture in it etc. Unless it's been staged.

I think so too. I think with the nature of this case there is probably minimal lab-type forensic evidence and they will rely heavily on other evidence, so establishing all of this is paramount. I think other delays have probably been caused by warrants and subpoenas as more evidence is desired, such as the recent phone records, and probably a LOT that we don't know about. At least I hope this is the case.

Re: The family and possible involvement, we know that they are still on LE's radar for some reason, as the WW specifically reported that their phone records would be pulled. Add this to the report that mom and BF had been interviewed several times and it starts looking pretty grim. IMO of course. I think LE is hinting pretty broadly, it just depends on how you interpret it. With so few details in this case, the phone records being reviewed and the specific statements about mom and BF being interviewed are very interesting, IMO. Also the spokesman's plea for the killer to step forward makes me wonder even more. You don't plea with gang members, disgruntled young boyfriends, or jealous girls. You just get your evidence and arrest them. You plea with someone who has a lot to lose that may be entrenched in the community and have independent status. Someone who would be hurting a ton of people with a protracted trial and horrible revelations. Just some thoughts.

Agreed.

In addition, JF is a framer by trade, with other skills. He had been working on WC's spec home within the past few months, located in the Lower Sunnyslope area (read previous threads for background on the aforementioned).

The house is not in lower sunnyslope. It is in the new development at the top of School Street (Burch Mt.)

True, as well. I just wanted to correct assumptions that there is an abundance of wealth there. They are victims, and in shock and mourning. Convicting them and having them hire top notch attorneys is ludicrous to me.
That is my point.

The ONLY reason people are looking at JF and WC, is because of where they live, the fact they are both involved in Construction & Reality, and he wasn't at the Memorial, when in fact, who knows if he was or not. Oh and the fact WC wasn't on the ground sobbing.
http://www.griefhealing.com/column1.htm

No, I think there is good reason to wonder, as I outlined in my above post.

Why with so very little info, would the spokesman specifically confirm the mom and mom's BF were interviewed multiple times by the FBI? No report was made of this being the case with dad and his fiancee. No report was made of this being the case with Mac's BF. Why specifically mom and her BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave