WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this earlier as well, and that is strange... DO they all perform at all events? VERY weird.

I'm in a position that I have several clients with teenage daughters who are Apple-ettes. In looking at photos and such at their homes it seems as if not every member of the team attends every function.

Can you explain to me how a search warrant works? It makes no sense that you could have enough evidence to arrest someone but not enough to get a search warrant for their primary residence.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

For example, if you're driving while intoxicated and get pulled over by police and arrested several miles from your home, should the police be able to book you into jail and then drive several miles to your home and search it?

Or, same scenario except that you were arrested for DUI 1,000 away in Vegas but your house is in Wenatchee, WA?

Simply because LE have probable cause that you committed a crime does not necessarily mean that they have probable cause that your home contains evidence of that crime. Police may arrest you for committing that crime, but they may not necessarily search your home.

In order to search a person's home, LE must have probable cause to believe that your home contains evidence of a crime, not merely probable cause to believe you committed a crime.

I'm strongly suspicious of WC being the one who did the actual act of murder. There's just way too many things that have a direct or indirect connection with her.

I'm likewise strongly suspicious that JF was an accomplice after-the-fact, i.e., he helped WC clean up the murder scene (WC's home) and dispose of MC's body. JF's life and financial situation is so intertwined with and dependent upon WC that he probably believed it was worth it to help WC. Also, I do not buy into the notion that MC would meet or go any where alone with JF.

I suspect the R Bros were "paid" by JF to ditch MC's car in PC. JF was familiar with the R Bros (ex-employees), he knew of their dislike and distrust of LE, he knew of their lengthy criminal records, he believed they could be trusted to perform such a task without saying anything to LE about it, and he knew they would be desperate enough to fund their Meth addictions that they would likely agree to it.

While the R Bros ditched MC's care, WC and JF cleaned up WC's house and then transported MC's body to the Spec house for temporary storage.

I believe the R Bros' role was solely limited to ditching MC's car. They, however, made one mistake: they left fingerprints on or in MC's car. LE was able to quickly match their fingerprints to those on/in MC's car because they are felons who were convicted of several felonies in Chelan County, which means the records regarding their fingerprints could be easily and quickly accessed by local LE and compared with the ones found on/in MC's car.

After matching their fingerprints, it took 5 to 7 days for LE to physically locate the R Bros. On the same day, the R Bros were taken into custody and jailed on the pretense of probation violation and DOC violation(s). LE wanted them sitting in jail because LE wanted to strongly "encourage" them to cooperate with LE (jailing a person has a funny way of making people much more cooperative with LE).

But, this is all just THEORIES and SPECULATION.

I've thought of much the same scenario.

If this or something like it is the case, they WILL be found out. The more people involved in a crime the more tenuous it gets for them.

Where I keep tripping up on this scenario is motive. Filicide does happen, thought the older the child the less common it is. I have a hard time identifying what possible motive there would be. It would have had to be something extremely personal and hurtful, probably with social stigma attached to it should it be found out. Pregnancy, affair with JF, these are things that have crossed my mind.

Speculation only though.

It would be nice if LE would say WHO has alibis and has been ruled out. Funny that they haven't, eh? I've followed several cases where this seems to be the norm. Perhaps they think it would be too telling to clear one branch of the family and not the other.

"...But the trails going through the brushy-area..."

"Trails" is plural. Does that mean the newly made trail is not the only one and there has been a trail through the brushy area below the ponds for quite some time?

No, I cut two trails within a day of each other. They intersect with each other about half way through the bushy-area.

I'm strongly suspicious of WC being the one who did the actual act of murder. There's just way too many things that have a direct or indirect connection with her.

I'm likewise strongly suspicious that JF was an accomplice after-the-fact, i.e., he helped WC clean up the murder scene (WC's home) and dispose of MC's body. JF's life and financial situation is so intertwined with and dependent upon WC that he probably believed it was worth it to help WC. Also, I do not buy into the notion that MC would meet or go any where alone with JF.

I suspect the R Bros were "paid" by JF to ditch MC's car in PC. JF was familiar with the R Bros (ex-employees), he knew of their dislike and distrust of LE, he knew of their lengthy criminal records, he believed they could be trusted to perform such a task without saying anything to LE about it, and he knew they would be desperate enough to fund their Meth addictions that they would likely agree to it.

While the R Bros ditched MC's care, WC and JF cleaned up WC's house and then transported MC's body to the Spec house for temporary storage.

I believe the R Bros' role was solely limited to ditching MC's car. They, however, made one mistake: they left fingerprints on or in MC's car. LE was able to quickly match their fingerprints to those on/in MC's car because they are felons who were convicted of several felonies in Chelan County, which means the records regarding their fingerprints could be easily and quickly accessed by local LE and compared with the ones found on/in MC's car.

After matching their fingerprints, it took 5 to 7 days for LE to physically locate the R Bros. On the same day, the R Bros were taken into custody and jailed on the pretense of probation violation and DOC violation(s). LE wanted them sitting in jail because LE wanted to strongly "encourage" them to cooperate with LE (jailing a person has a funny way of making people much more cooperative with LE).

It would be interesting to know from someone with any information what their reaction was like when they were first "told" about their daughter missing curfew at the dad's house, and subsequently when the car was discovered.
Your theory matches mine to a "T", minus the murder at WC house. PM...

What would be WC's motivation?

It may not be publicly listed, but I believe there is a "public" boat launch off Tarpiscan Road, (across from the Palisades Road on east side - and a little ways south). Check out google maps. There even appears to be a boat launching or about to be picked up and three vehicles in the parking lot, (one with another boat, the other two with what looks like empty boat trailers). This place is below the dam and would give access to where the body was located.

There is also a boat launch just below the dam but that one is likely not at all public.

Tarpiscan Road? Not possible. It's in the middle of no where. You can't drive on Tarpiscan Road this time of year. You couldn't tow a trailer on it any time of the year. Plus, it would take at least 2 hours to get close to the river from Tarpiscan Road. And, Tarpiscan Road is gated year-around when you get within a mile of the river.

Are you sure you're looking at Tarpiscan Road?

I'm also gonna speculate that..........if the BF from Tacoma came over..............where would they go to be together? Hmmmmmmmmmm..............how about an empty spec house?! Maybe they went to a few of them during the course of their relationship! Maybe they went to the CB house..........and no water for him to clean up after the deed.........so he went to the other spec house where there was water! After dark. If MC had the key and the code....or they had found other ways to get in.........? Maybe he went up to Chelan to the grandparent's house after..........and set off the alarm and then ran off. Would MC have had key's on her keyring for her grandparent's house? I would venture to guess the grandparents had been notified of MC's disappearance by that time and were possibly on their way to Wenatchee? So, nobody was home? Maybe he went up there to look for money or looking for clean clothes? speculation.

Hey autum rose, good point about the keys and grandparents house, I hadn't thought of that one. still catching up!!!

What could possibly enrage a mother enough to kill her own daughter?

I can SPECULATE on several things, but the best one (in my opinion) is something along the lines of MC informed WC that MC intended to live solely or mostly with her father because MC was developing a close and significant "mother-daughter" relationship with RC's fiancee.

In other words, MC was choosing to replace WC with a new mother, and with the worst possible person (in WC's mind).

So, there's anger, guilt, frustration, and jealousy all combined into one big out burst by WC.

Again, all SPECULATION

Below is a link to photos of the car (the caption under photo says Courtesy of Wenatchee Police Department?). There is a slide show at the bottom of the article.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...25-Wenatchee-Police-Dept-issues-press-release

I remember seeing a different photo of the car somewhere, I thought it was just a photo of the same model -- as in a "stock" photo.

I remember seeing a Picture of a car with a "2000" sticker on the windshield. I think that is where the confusion came in as to it being a 1998 or a 2000.

Also, there is a lot of mud on the tires in that picture.

SO, the fact that the spec house was potentially used for the storage of the body... No one in their right mind would CHANCE leaving a body there for fear of a possible house showing. The only way anyone would have the nerve to do that would be if you had knowledge of any showings that happen at that property. (ie. The listing agent.) hummmmmm......

del rio,
Can you ask around CB near the other boat launches and see if anyone remembers someone on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday there who wanted to launch a boat but was unable? Maybe even at that "secret" boat launch not many folks no about?

I can try. But CB is very dead this time of year. It would be unlikely that anybody saw anything.

SO, the fact that the spec house was potentially used for the storage of the body... No one in their right mind would CHANCE leaving a body there for fear of a possible house showing. The only way anyone would have the nerve to do that would be if you had knowledge of any showings that happen at that property. (ie. The listing agent.) hummmmmm......

Also, because WC is the OWNER/SELLER of the Spec house, she may remove the "coded key box" at any time and for any reason.

Only WC had complete control over all access to the Spec house.

Again, it was to be temporary storage only.

I had asked this before, but it probably got lost in the shuffle.... does anyone know about the extended family of MC dad? I am thinking along the lines of the "family business in Chelan" and possibly some kind of inheritance? Maybe she was a "daddy's girl" and was getting special treatment because of that? What does everyone else have to say about this.............

I can SPECULATE on several things, but the best one (in my opinion) is the something along the lines of MC informed WC that MC intended to live solely or mostly with her father because MC was developing a close and significant "mother-daughter" relationship with RC's fiancee.

In other words, MC was choosing to replace WC with a new mother, and with the worst possible person (in WC's mind).

Again, all SPECULATION

Hmmm... I remember someone saying that MC's boyfriend was sitting next to RC's fiancee at the memorial and she had her arm around him comforting him. This seems to back up del rio's theory here because I'm sure her boyfriend would naturally be closer to the person MC was closer to.

I would think that WC would be more likely to kill RC's fiancee if this were the case though.

del rio, do you think some sort of "deal gone wrong" could be the motive- whether its relating trafficking drugs, or maybe one of those stories where the construction company screws the client out of money?

I can SPECULATE on several things, but the best one (in my opinion) is something along the lines of MC informed WC that MC intended to live solely or mostly with her father because MC was developing a close and significant "mother-daughter" relationship with RC's fiancee.

So, there's anger, guilt, frustration, and jealousy all combined into one big out burst by WC.

Again, all SPECULATION

P~otential M~otive...

It is unlikely the dirt and mud were from drive MC's car to CB because there would be no reason to drive the car on anything but a paved road. There's few, if any, unpaved roads in CB.

What about the unpaved roads in the Burch Mtn (spec house) area?

Also, because WC is the OWNER/SELLER of the Spec house, she may remove the "coded key box" at any time and for any reason.

Only WC had complete control over all access to the Spec house.

Again, it was to be temporary storage only.

Exactly. She could also cancel/reschedule possible showings with the agents so as to not create confusion when they arrived. It would be interesting to find out from other agents in her office what they think. Tell any real estate agent you know about the circumstances surrounding this case and I'm sure they would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie