Identified! WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Discussion in 'Lyle Stevik' started by KateB, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Wouwww, I'm so impressed and excited by this new developments...hopes up!

2. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Not only that but I believe there was a chain lock and dead bolt locked

3. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I thought the housekeeper was able to get into the room? Didn’t she say when she came into the room she saw him and thought he was praying? I don’t suspect foul play but I don’t recall the chain lock and deadbolt being locked. If you have a source that’d be great to refresh some of us.

Pipsissiway_Potts likes this.
  4. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Greetings all!

Lurked for many years registering finally..

It is possible that Lyle could be my brother.

We have a very similar DNA profile and family pictures support a very marked resemblance!

I have an EXTENSIVE family pedigree going back hundreds of years :eek:

Yo soy Genizaro..

I have famous and spicy ancestors from this community for many centuries..

5. Taltos

Taltos New Member

To share a little more about myself as applicable to websleuths..

I want to disclose that I had a husband that went missing/found deceased a decade ago ( missing for a decade before that), and I met Moira Monsalve just before she disappeared :(
    I also helped locate a missing person that I recognized from the Charley Project :)
    My brother was given up by my mother due to family pressure at birth, and I have been looking for him for decades to no avail.

Feels good to get that off my chest and share with folk that may understand, as I don't disclose that info often at all.

I hope I'm not over sharing..

Tamerlan likes this.
  6. rascal32

rascal32 New Member

Welcome! Hopefully there will be answers to this mystery very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

Wow, welcome!
    I hope that Lyle is indeed your brother that you have searched for. Thanks for joining.

8. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Well-Known Member

Welcome! Have you submitted your DNA kit for comparison?

9. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Thank you rascal, Midge, and Mrsobrien <3

I have not submitted my DNA yet, but I did contact the admin at the DNA project before I registered here.

I hope my brother is alive, but if he is Lyle, I would love to bring him home and provide closure.

When I saw his DNA markers on page 3 thread 6 today I immediately cried and got the biggest chills I have ever experienced!

I have cared deeply about Lyle for a decade now.

10. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Looking at pics of my family since the inception of photography today was remarkable as I compared and contrasted many multigenerational members to Lyle. TONS of quirky similarities!!

11. scandinavian girl

scandinavian girl Well-Known Member

I always thought that the name Stevik had a norwegian ring to it but as I thought it wasn´t his real name I didn´t go further with it. But Baltic caught my eye, I am horrible with getting the links right but I will try. To be on the safe side I will copy a bit of it

Country Our Records Estimation
    Norway 36 55
    Slovakia 9 101
    Sweden 5 13
    USA 3 3
    Hungary 2 10
    Brazil 1 20

http://www.locatemyname.com/sweden/Stevik

12. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Wow. Welcome.

While I hope your brother is alive, I do hope this can give Lyle is identity back.

Can I ask if you think Stevik is a true name to him?

13. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

Welcome! If you think Lyle might be your brother, please, PLEASE contact his case investigators (ie someone in LE or with NAMUS) and send THEM your DNA. They can figure that out quite easily and save Doe DNA project a lot of work. DNA Doe project is awesome but they could be putting their resources towards other cases if Lyle gets ID'd before they finish his family tree. Please consider contacting someone in charge of his case to let them know you suspect Lyle is your brother. Thanks.

14. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Thank you for the welcome Ana and Gardener :)

I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to use the tools such as enclosing your text in my response, I am in a hurry right now but I will figure it out asap and respond appropriately :)

Ana..
    My brother was given up at birth and we have had difficulty finding any records to indicate anything about him, including his very existence, as the agency she gave him to claims no record :(
    It is possible that his adoptive parents were Stevic, but really it is anyone's guess.

Gardener..
    Thank you for that tip, as I had not thought of that yet. Probably because I am frankly kind of in shock that my favorite missing person could possibly be my brother!
    I will contact them as soon as I finish my scheduled appointments for the day :)

15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

Thank you. Here is his NAMUS page: https://identifyus.org/cases/11100

Click on the contacts tab there and it will give you phone and email contacts.

Good luck and I hope you find your brother. If Lyle is not him I highly recommend you submit your DNA to Ancestry or one of the other Genealogy websites. Your brother may be looking for you and his biological family too!

16. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Thank you again Gardener! These are great ideas :)

I just recently discovered my pedigree and how extensive and thoroughly researched it is within the last 6 mos on ancestry.com. I intend to submit my DNA so I think the time is now to do just that :) his description is near identical to what my DNA will likely reveal based on location of ancestors(northern New Mexico ) and the racial mixing as well as physical characteristics of other relatives ( slightly raised hairline on one side, nose shape, ears, eyebrows, jawline) Lyle and I have the same eyes and skin tone. Lyle appears to be infused w some European additions to his extensive New Mexico roots, as do I in similar proportions.

I contacted Grays Harbor sheriffs office and will go contact through namus as well.

I am excited Lyles case is moving forward regardless of whether he is my brother or not!!

I certainly want my brother in my life too so thank you for the ancestry.com suggestion. Adoption registry so far, nada afterall..

17. Taltos

Taltos New Member

I have made contact with all of the appropriate people now :)

I will update everyone with any news I receive, as I am very excited for Lyle and possibly myself..

18. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Wow, good luck. I hope you find the answers you want. Much as I would love for Lyle to find his family, I want you to find your brother alive.

19. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Thank you carbuff, me too!

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Ditto from dotr, welcome Taltos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.