SOLVED WA - Marsi Belecz, 12, Spokane, 5 Aug 1985

Just an update for anyone following this thread.

Over the last few months contact was made with another individual in Spokane to assist with the cold case investigation. In working together we have detailed Marsi's last steps and come up with a few additional suspects.

The contact in Spokane recently met with the detective in charge and learned that the murderer's DNA is in CODIS and that the results are being run every couple of years against know felons in the system.

For unknown reasons much of Mommytaxi4's information from the earlier in the day when Marsi died is not in the current police report file, but it will be per the detective. There is progress, it is slow, but Marsi's case deserves resolution.

This is a murder (and intended rape) of Tina E Phillips in Spokane in 1987.

Fidel August Hudson & Lloyd Ray Moore Jr were convicted in 2005

Mommytaxi4 said she gave names to police in 1985, could these be the same perps?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2005/mar/31/man-finally-paying-for-87-murder/

I gave the police the boys names back in 1985. The boys were older then us maybe 17-18 years old.
I did see one of them after this happened. I was standing on the corner to cross the street and he was a passenger in a car that drove past. I remember looking him right in the eyes and him looking right in mine and the fear I felt. (It was like he had seen a ghost when he looked at me) After the car had went down the road I ran home and told my parents.
The police came to my school with photo books and I was able to point out the one I seen in the car. I dont know for sure if anything was ever done about it or not but I sure hope there was.
You see I have always felt that they or one of them had something to do with this. Although I cant prove it. I really want to thank you for asking these questions. It has got me thinking of things I have not thought of in a long time. And Thats just what I needed. I will be calling the det. later on this week to see what I can find out.

I went to school with Marsi at Grant Elementary in the 5th grade. Has there been any updates?

With so many stabwounds, the overkill, it also usually points to someone with a lot of anger towards the victim. But mostly its also someone known to the victim.

I dont know if anyone close to her or around her held a grudge towards her or was angry with her.

The scenario of the two boys can also be a good lead to investigate a lot deeper. Is it known if the boys DNA have been checked?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

"On Wednesday, police announced they have matched a DNA sample taken from Marsi’s body to Clayton Carl Giese, a Montana native with a limited criminal record who was 22 at the time of the killing.

Giese will not be arrested, however. He died in January 1989 – fewer than three years after the murder – after failing to navigate a curve and rolling his car off Appleway Boulevard near Interstate 90.

Investigators began focusing on Giese last summer after recruiting Parabon NanoLabs, a Virginia-based company that specializes in genetic genealogy."

Spokane police say genetic sleuthing solved 1985 murder of 12-year-old girl

May you and everyone who loved you finally rest, Marsi.

I am wondering if anyone will take a look at this. I was 10 when this happened an she was my best friend. They dont say much in the articals I am posting here but maybe someone will see something I dont. Thank you so much.

Spokane Chronicle - Google News Archive Search

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=d_gRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=U-8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4830,5584332&dq=marsi+belecz

The Spokesman-Review - Google News Archive Search

Spokane Chronicle - Google News Archive Search

I would love any input you all have. This is my first time posting here I hope I put this in the right place.

It’s kinda creepy how there apparently aren’t any photos of Giese. We know his name, but we don’t have a face. Maybe someone here can find a photo of him or something.

SPD solved the murder of then 12-year old Marsi Belecz with the help of a newer application for DNA matching - genetic genealogy.

How the case was solved and who killed Marsi is featured in an hour long episode of On the Case with Paula Zahn, a true crime documentary series, which airs this Sunday. Hear from the original detectives on the case and learn what SPD did to solve the case and bring closure to Marsi’s family members and the community, 35 years after her death.

On the Case with Paula Zahn airs on the Investigation Discovery Channel on Sunday January 17, 2012 at 10 PM Eastern Time. Please check TV Guide and your local listings for the channel number.

See the trailer for the Marsi Belecz cold case:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EI2E2NyDhBuul9AOHn_mXlCJBxoGv15e/view?usp=s
upload_2021-1-15_2-57-51.jpeg
Solved Spokane cold case to appear on national TV Sunday

It’s kinda creepy how there apparently aren’t any photos of Giese. We know his name, but we don’t have a face. Maybe someone here can find a photo of him or something.
rbbm.
''In 1985, 12-year-old Marsi Belecz was murdered and her body was dumped in a junkyard in East Central Spokane. Despite SPD contacting and interviewing 257 people and identifying 87 possible suspects, her killer was never found.
That is, until 2020. DNA technology helped police identify Clayton Giese, who was 22 at the time, as the killer. Giese died in a car accident in 1989. ''
https://www.myheritage.com/names/clayton_giese

Clayton Giese
''Clayton passed away on month day 1989, at age 25.''

Clayton Giese in Spokane Chronicle - Jan 30 1989

''Washington Newspapers, 1855-2009
"... SPOKANE Man dies when car overturns on curve A man was killed early Sunday when the car he was driving ran off and overturned, a Washington State Patrol spokesman sald. Clayton C. Giese, 25, was ejected from the car and died at the scene, ll miles east of Spokane, thc spokesman sald. The spokesman sald the accident occurred shortly after 2 a m., when was unable to steer hls car around a curve near ..."
Publication place: Spokane, Spokane County, WA, USA
Publication date: Jan 30 1989''

rbbm.
''In 1985, 12-year-old Marsi Belecz was murdered and her body was dumped in a junkyard in East Central Spokane. Despite SPD contacting and interviewing 257 people and identifying 87 possible suspects, her killer was never found.
That is, until 2020. DNA technology helped police identify Clayton Giese, who was 22 at the time, as the killer. Giese died in a car accident in 1989. ''
https://www.myheritage.com/names/clayton_giese

Clayton Giese
''Clayton passed away on month day 1989, at age 25.''

Clayton Giese in Spokane Chronicle - Jan 30 1989

''Washington Newspapers, 1855-2009
"... SPOKANE Man dies when car overturns on curve A man was killed early Sunday when the car he was driving ran off and overturned, a Washington State Patrol spokesman sald. Clayton C. Giese, 25, was ejected from the car and died at the scene, ll miles east of Spokane, thc spokesman sald. The spokesman sald the accident occurred shortly after 2 a m., when was unable to steer hls car around a curve near ..."
Publication place: Spokane, Spokane County, WA, USA
Publication date: Jan 30 1989''
If only we could get a higher quality view of that photo of him. I really don’t want to pay just to get a better look at this guy.

Maybe we should put "solved" in the title

I wonder if hes one of the guys who invited the girls downtown..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back