WA WA - Matthew Anfeldt, 20, said family was killed, blood around mouth, Thurston Co., 28 Feb 2019

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Mar 7, 2019.

1. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

Second Half of Part 2 Notes:
    • Matt started smoking & drinking at 16, then abusing Triple C's, then he did meth for a little bit. His main drug of choice was adderall.
    • Matt had ADHD so he was self-medicating with the adderall.
    • In 2017, he got 3 charges regarding alcohol & drugs within a thirty day period, and his mom got him furloughed from jail to get medical treatment.
    • He went through a really good rehab twice that helped him significantly both times.
    • After he got officially diagnosed with ADHD, he got medication for it - not Adderall but (I think) Ritalin or something along those lines.
    • His friend Kendra says in the podcast that Matt's dad had schizophrenia and she thinks he may have had a sudden onset, potentially triggered by drug use.
    • His mom thinks drug trafficking is involved and the situation is "bigger than they know".

2. kelsie

3. ManicMuggle83

ManicMuggle83 Well-Known Member

Bumping for Matt!

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

He didn't. It was eight minutes between the time police RESPONDED to the home and the second 911 call from the Speedway Grocery.

See comments by Matthew's mother on this post: Help Find Matthew Anfeldt

If that is accurate, the timeline should look like this:

5:05 - 5:10 pm MA walked out of his sisters room to head to the main house to get his phone. (He had to walk outside to get to the main house.)
    Approx 5:17 pm The first 911 call came in from the neighbors.
    5:27 pm The police arrived at MA's home.
    5:35 pm (8 minutes later) The second 911 call was made by Speedway Grocery.

MOO

5. kelsie

His mom posted this a few days ago on the find page:
    My son, last night I had my first dream of you. You walked into the room, and I saw your face so clearly for the first time since I last physically saw you. I remember putting my hands on your face and beginning to sob and looking up at you as you smiled your sweet smile at me. No words were said between us and then very quickly I was awoken, with the harsh reminder you are not here. A big tug at my heartstrings today and a reminder of how much I miss & love you
    Matthew
    ! [​IMG]

6. kaycie thompson

kaycie thompson KayC

Praying his Momma, Sister and family have some kind of peace of mind and closure soon

7. PommyMommy

FEB 24, 2021
    Help Find Matthew Anfeldt | Facebook
    There isn't much in the way of actual case updates, but thought I would let everyone know that I did meet with the Detective yesterday. We spent a couple hours going over the case and some things that I wanted to see. Those that do not know, I have been very much involved in my sons case, from praying daily to doing my own investigative work.
    A couple things were brought up...

1) I have always wanted to do a search around the Scatter Creek area that is behind the store further back. The Detective is going to be looking into getting some dogs and seeing if this is even an option. Hopefully this can be done soon. If the dogs are brought in, it will likely be closer to summer when the creek is lower.
    Should we not be able to do this, I will be looking into doing my own. What I would request is if you know someone who lives in this area, that you put them in touch with me so that I can start to compile a list of land owners to get permission from them.

2) While I can't go into the details, some outside agencies have agreed to assist the detective with parts of the case.

3) We went over the 911 calls and what was said. I am again asking for EVERYONES HELP!

There were 2 White Trucks seen interacting with Matthew the day he went missing. I need your help in finding the owners or the people driving these trucks! These people have NEVER come forward to my knowledge.

* There was a lifted White Truck headed towards the direction of Tenino that was stopped and talking to my son. It was thought there was 2 males in the truck.

* There was a White Utility Truck headed in the direction of the Speedway Grocery store Matthew was last seen at. Matthew was seen jumping onto the back of this truck as it was moving slowly. It is thought that this truck is how Matthew got to the Speedway Grocery so quickly. There was a witness that saw this same kind of truck pull off to the side of the road in front of the store, where they saw Matthew get out of the back and the truck took off.

4) I know this might be a long shot at this point, but I'm going to ask anyway..
    If anyone on Nutmeg has video of the road and still has some from 2/28/2019, please please let me know.

A witness had stated there was a white car parked in the middle of Nutmeg with a couple indivuals standing outside of it. If you remember this and can provide any information at all, please please contact me or the Detective.

4) There was mention in the 911 calls that he may have basically run behind the store though the backyards. What wasn't clear was if this was an actual 911 call with this sighting or if this was an assumption made by the clerk at the store, when she called 911. Either way, we have to look at everything. I would ask that if you live on Nutmeg or the next road down on the other side of the store that you please check every space you have. I would think he would have been noticed by now, but again you never know.
    It had been a long time since we had come together. The collaboration with the Detective meant a great deal to me. I continue to hope and pray that someone or something will guide us to Matthew. At the end of the day, the most important thing to our Family is closure and simply said, that means finding him. [​IMG]

8. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

9. PommyMommy

APR 16, 2021
    Event to Bring Awareness to Local Unsolved Cases Set for Saturday | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
    Friends and family of three victims of local unsolved missing or murdered persons cases are inviting the community to join them for a “honk and wave” in Grand Mound Saturday evening to bring awareness to their loved ones’ cases.

Attendees will gather in the park-and-ride on Southwest Tenino Grand Mound Road and hold signs and fliers with information on three unsolved missing or murdered victims: Matthew Anfeldt, Logan Schiendelman and Karen Bodine.

Anfeldt was last seen at the Speedway Grocery on Old Highway 99 in Grand Mound just before 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2019.

[...]

APR 20, 2021
    Photos: Honk-and-Wave Raises Awareness for South Thurston County Cold Cases | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)

idfinch, kelsie, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  10. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I am listening to this podcast now on Vanished from September 14 & 15, 2020. It’s two parts.

Part 1
    ‎The Vanished Podcast: Matthew Anfeldt Part 1 on Apple Podcasts

Part 2
    ‎The Vanished Podcast: Matthew Anfeldt Part 1 on Apple Podcasts

“On the evening of February 28, 2019, the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from a woman in Tenino, Washington stating that her neighbor, 20-year-old Matthew Anfeldt, was at her door behaving oddly. He said that his family had either been injured or killed and that someone was after him. She then observed Matthew run across her yard, jump the fence and run out onto a busy highway, causing multiple vehicles to stop or swerve to avoid hitting him. Matthew jumped on the back of a truck that was traveling west and later jumped off of the truck a couple of miles down the road where witnesses saw him. They reported that Matthew was acting paranoid and afraid inside a local Speedway in Grand Mound, Washington. After that, Matthew disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Matthew Anfeldt, please call the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at 360-704-2740 or contact Detective Hamilton directly at 360-786-5279.

You can follow Matthew’s story on Facebook at Help Find Matthew Anfeldt.”