WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by The Cheese, Jun 10, 2013.

1. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

*sigh* Anu...wherever you are, I pray you have peace.

2. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

Any news? Hoping you were warm and safe somewhere this winter!

3. EmiLove832

EmiLove832 Well-Known Member

I just did a little checking on FB, none of the family has mentioned Anu since June 2013.

I'm still wondering about the brothers FB comment "I know things :)"

Do you think they know where she is? Very strange to see nothing about her on parents or siblings pages.

4. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

Oh I hope that means they know she is ok! Any way to message the brother and ask in a way he would feel safe answering?
    Thanks for the update :)

5. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Well, Anu went missing naked, and without shoes, and we've got another hiker that went after his dog barefoot, and is missing.

Where are you???

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

http://union-bulletin.com/news/2014/jul/21/lost-wilderness-cautionary-tales-video/

7. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

This case is really bizarre. I hope she's okay.

8. TravelingBug

TravelingBug Verified Insider

I have to admit, I think about this case often.

Until I started listening to police scanners as regularly as I do now, I had NO idea how many calls come in about some sort of incident or something involving fully naked individuals. Seriously.

(At least in some places) It seems it's WAY more frequent than nearly anyone would expect. I mean, most days I AT LEAST hear one, often more. Many obviously involve some degree of mental illness or such, but...a good number really don't seem to.

9. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

Though the cases are separated by more than a decade and 200 miles, this reminds me of the disappearance of Leah Roberts. Anu disappeared from an area called Canyon Creek in Gifford Pinchot National Forest, Skamania county, Wa., whereas Leah's abandoned car was discovered on Canyon Creek Road (a forest service/logging road) in Mount Baker National Forest, Whatcom County, Wa. Leah has an entry here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Leah-Roberts-23-Whatcom-County-13-March-2000. Though they disappeared some distance away from each other, I don't think it is too crazy to think there could possibly be a connection since both disappearances had a connection to logging/forest service roads in remote areas of national forests and both were in the same age range as Leah was just four years older than Anu.

10. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Bumping. I've been thinking about Anu recently and somebody just mentioned her in another thread.

Where are you, Anu?

11. littlemo2015

littlemo2015 Member

hi im new here and stumbled across the page looking for info on a missing persons case i learned of from an episode of I.D's disappeared , after reading through all the posts about this young women (which caught my eye because i have the same first time ) its all very odd and puzzling , i went and clicked on the link for the page link posted on the previous page FindAnuKelly and it says it doesn't exist any more , anyone know if there's a reason its been taken down , and also has there been anything new at all recently , even just a small smidgen of info ??

12. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

This is all MOO but there is something weird with this case. I'm going to dig a bit and see what I come up with. Early on (and I'm sure I posted about it upstream long ago) I remember reading FB posts by her brother and another by a friend. No one seemed very worried. Personally, I think she joined some sort of "cult" or went on a spiritual journey. I think she had help. I don't think she was out there long and is probably living off the grid somewhere. Just the feelings I get.

Like I said, I'll dig in to this tonight since its been a while since I've looked. I'll report back if I find anything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Confusion likes this.
  13. littlemo2015

littlemo2015 Member

thanks the whole thing seems odd especially after looking and seeing the comment her brother put on a status on his account it does seem a little fishy to me in somes ways but yet at the same time you can never be sure

14. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

Very odd indeed. I have read some comments on articles about Anu referring to making cryptic statements about "playing jailbreak" in the days before her disappearance. Now, I know this is hearsay, but the fact that the Facebook page was deleted is very concerning. Families of people who have disappeared in the 60's and 70's have active Facebook pages to try to keep their cases alive. It almost seems like someone is trying to sweep this all under the rug.

15. koalasleuth

koalasleuth New Member

Hi guys, this is an old thread but I thought I might inquire with the local news teams about any updates. I sent a local journalist a message on FB and this is it.
    TUES 23:05
    Hi Marissa I was wondering if there were any updates on the missing teen Maureen Kelly of vancouver who went missing in 2013. I have looked but found nothing but reports of failed searches. Link to original article. Thanks in advance. http://www.kptv.com/story/22596564/maureen-kelly-spiritual-quest

Crews resume search for woman on 'spiritual quest'
    About 50 searchers will spend Saturday looking for Maureen Kelly, who was naked when she set out on a "spiritual quest," sheriff's deputies say.
    kptv.com

[​IMG]
    Hi Dale, We haven't heard anything since she disappeared. I tried to reach out to her family about a year after she went missing, hoping to do another story about her disappearance, but didn't have any luck. My colleague did a more general story about getting lost in the wilderness in July 2014 and had this info about Maureen Kelly: "The sheriff’s office hasn’t received any new leads about her whereabouts. Her DNA was submitted to the national missing persons database," and "Family and friends have raised money to try and find Kelly, but no search efforts have been successful."Unfortunately, that's all we know.

It does seem very strange indeed.

16. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

I feel like friends and/or family are hiding something because they sure don't seem eager to find her. They shut down the "Find Anu Kelly" Facebook and haven't spoken publicly or made any appeals. Something is fishy about this and I think they know something significant they refuse to share.

17. EmiLove832

This young lady has popped into my mind from time to time. I always think back to the odd comment her brother made on FB. I also think they know where she is. Maybe she's living off the grid somewhere? Very strange.

18. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

Do you remember what he said? I think I missed that.

19. EmiLove832

It's been a long time, I remember it being short but implied he knew where she was. I believe there was a smiley face at the end too. I'll see if I can find it again.

20. EmiLove832

Bringing this old post forward regarding the brothers FB comment.