WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

I joined this forum to follow various cases, always lurking because i never have anything to contribute.
However Anu Kelly has always been in the back of my mind,; first because i was in that area during the time she disappeared and remember it on the news, then because there was never any resolution to it.
* Adding to that the overnight deletion of her missing fb page only causes me to wonder more.
I didn't know her, of course, but I still find myself drawn to her family's fb pages to see if anything ever comes of it.
I agree that her younger brother's comment, "thanks guys, but i know things;) " leaves the situation more optimistic than not. At least at the time of his posting it three days after her disappearance.
I just wish that there was closure for her family, above all.
Sorry for the rambling post. Bumping for Anu.

The link doesn't work for me. Are you referring to this post?

Left Hyperbolic Time Chamber - 2015

If so, I believe that Facebook posts things like this automatically if you have put it an end date for a study period etc. She may have set this up years ago with a 2015 end date and that's why it was posted?

There is a post on FB from a friend of hers from June 2016 which indicates she is still missing

I love and miss you Anu Kelly. Crazy it's already been 3 years.
1f641.png
:(
my heart is definitely a little heavy today.

If you hover your mouse over the clock symbol on that Hyperbolic Time Capsule Post, it says "Added on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.".

Thank you for the corrections. Didn't know Facebook did that and I'm puzzled that she would do that. I was really hoping she was back and safe.

I wonder when the whole story will come out. I believe her friends are holding back some important information.

Maureen Kelly's case seems similar to Christine Walters aka "Airy Meadow, Airystar, Meadow and/or Star" http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walters_christine.html http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rcata-14-Nov-2008&highlight=christine+walters She was a student in Wisconsin who traveled to Oregon and then California in the summer of 2008. At the time she became very interested in spirituality, alternative lifestyles and environmental causes. She was found naked and confused near Eureka, CA but disappeared later after being released from police custody. She did not test positive for any drugs while in police custody but was supposedly at a ayahuasca tea ceremony before being found naked.

I just see a lot of similarities here to Maureen's case -they're both so strange and involve this spiritual/counter-culture element (at least with Maureen I could see her being interested in this after viewing her personal fb).

I wonder if the references to “jailbreaking” on Facebook were a euphemism for ayahuasca “trips” (if that’s what they’re called). This book was published after Maureen disappeared but it seems like that could be slang for it. https://books.google.com/books?id=C...IUjAM#v=onepage&q=ayahuasca jailbreak&f=false

Here’s another case where at least her cousin thinks she may have joined a commune (not as many striking similarities but there might be something Rajneeshee or Rainbow Familyesque going on with these): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...apitola-17-Nov-2012&highlight=family+crossfit

I just came across this and thought it was bizarre,; in the discussion section for an old (sept 2013) facebook events page, "Search For Answers-Missing Anu (Maureen Kelly)", someone commented on April 3rd of this year:

"Idk if the family was told. Her remains were found 18 miles N.E. mostly just the cap of her skull however. They did DNA testing and it was confirmed to me Maureen's through a recent medical procedure she had months prior."

Please note that this was left almost 4 years after this particular event took place, as well as being almost four years after anyone else posted anythiing.
For one thing- why wouldn't the family have been told? AFAIK, none of the family has publicly stated anything like this, and she's still in NAMUS.
It just seems like an incredibly odd thing to randomly pop-in and say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back