CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

WA WA - Michael Richards, 28, Woodland, 6 Feb 2003

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by doc_j, Dec 28, 2010.

1. doc_j

doc_j New Member

http://www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/sheriff/unsolved/richards.htm

Case #03-6559
    Michael R. Richards was last seen leaving a party at 646 Englert Road in Woodland, WA in the early morning hours of February 6, 2003. At the time of his disappearance he was in possession of a backpack. Richards’ physical description is 5’5”, 140 pounds with hazel eyes. There have been numerous rumors of foul play, and there have been no known sightings of Richards. His family has not heard from him. Searches have failed to locate either Richards or the vehicle listed below.

Possibly Driving: A mid 1980’s, blue or gray Nissan 200sx, unknown license.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/richards_michael.html
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/richards_michael.html

I myself grew up in this area, and I think I remember him. There is a big meth scene there, and I'm guessing that has something to do with it. In a small community like that, somebody out there knows what happened.

2. doc_j

doc_j New Member

Here are some maps of the area that I made:

Attached Files:

3. doc_j

doc_j New Member

A photo of the missing, his car, and the entrance to Englert Rd (courtesy of Google.com). Englert Rd is not very long, the party was a short distance up the hill. Notice that the terrain here is very rugged and heavily forested. North of there is nothing but miles and miles of heavy forests, mountains, and deep ravines.

Attached Files:

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Odd that his car has never been found. Especially since he left the area on foot.

If it was abandoned somewhere you'd think someone would have come across it in the past 7 years?

5. doc_j

doc_j New Member

You would think that his car would have been found by now, but you never know. That area is a maze of logging roads, quarries, ravines, etc...... I know that when I was growing up, we'd see rusted out cars up in the mountains every once in a while. And people out hunting aren't going to pay too much attention to a rusty hulk at the bottom of a ravine. There's plenty of water nearby where it could have been dumped as well. You would think though that after 7 years, someone would have said something to someone else. I'm betting LE has info they aren't disclosing on this one.

6. doc_j

doc_j New Member

Bumping. In a few weeks it will be 8 years....................

7. doc_j

doc_j New Member

In just over a week it will be 9 years since he disappeared. 9 years is an awful long time for someone to have not said anything to someone else. Hopefully this will be the year that someone sheds some light on where Michael is. Woodland is a small town, and someone knows exactly what happened.

8. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Bumping for Michael.

9. doc_j

doc_j New Member

Bumping...... another year has gone by

10. SouthernSummer

SouthernSummer Member

Bump...anyone heard if they ever found his car?

11. doc_j

doc_j New Member

Fifteen year bump. It never ceases to amaze me how a person and car can both completely vanish without a trace. Hopefully the passage of time will make someone with information feel comfortable enough to come forward.