WA WA - Misty Copsey, 14, Tacoma, 17 Sept 1992

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by gaia227, May 19, 2009.

1. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

Always bumping for Misty.

annemc2, Jim_M and aThousandYearsWide like this.

2. jexpar

jexpar Active Member

I was going to say it is unlikely, but after reading the notes, it says it was only a partial skull. I would think that would make the identification of race more difficult, but that's JMO. Might be worth submitting!

aThousandYearsWide likes this.
  3. TwoLea

TwoLea Well-Known Member

4. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

Sadly still nothing new out there on Misty

5. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

Does anyone know if there were any digs or further investigations done on Schmidt's grandmother's farm in Buckley or Enumclaw (sources differ on which town it's in)? I'm pretty sure I've asked this before but I guess I'll ask again. Everything I've seen has indicated that there were no searches done on the Buckley farm. It seems like it would be obvious to conduct a search there, for obvious reasons, but nothing I've read says that there was one.

I think Rheuban was telling the truth when he allegedly told the witness that Misty was buried on his grandmother's farm, that he "blacked out and woke up on". Making up a false murder confession is the polar opposite of what one would do to "get people off their back" when they're a person of interest in a missing person investigation. Nope.

My theory is this:
    Misty called Rheuban to ask for a ride, and he said yes and went to pick her up (corroborated by the roommate saying he left after the phone call on 9/17). On the way to her home, he made a sexual advance, which she refused. As the drive progressed, he got more and more sexually aggressive. Eventually, he parked his car near the ditch on State Highway 410 where her clothing was found (not hard to get on an empty rural road in that area, especially at night) and began raping her, but first removed her underwear and pants, probably kicking them under the seat of his car (hence the lack of semen). When she fought back during the rape, he killed her, most likely by manual strangulation. I don't believe the murder was premeditated, and I don't think he used a weapon. After Misty died, he threw her jeans, underwear and the one sock out the door, and then drove the 6 miles to his grandmother's farm, where he buried her body.

6. jjBelt

jjBelt New Member

could Misty somehow be connected to Royal Russell Long.

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

No. LE already knows who was responsible for Misty's disappearance. The only reason why he hasn't been charged is that they haven't been able to find Misty's body.

8. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Bump for Misty!

Springrain likes this.
  9. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

Are you talking about Rheuban or someone else?