WA - Nava Baker, 3, beaten to death, mom & BF charged, 9 June 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by los2188, Jun 16, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

http://ktla.com/2015/06/13/police-s...eaten-by-mother-for-weeks-before-her-death-2/

2. Loading...

3. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

I scrolled past this one fast, as I don't think I can handle it. Of course, I am back. This is just too sad!!

4. JSinUK

JSinUK New Member

Cases like this sicken me, and make me tempted to emote angrily about how the evil mother responsible - if guilty - deserves this or that horrible torture. But rationally, if she is indeed guilty of this horror - as appears highly likely at the moment - she ought to get LWOP, pure and simple. For taking the life of her own young child in so brutal a way she doesn't deserve to ever see the outside of a prison again.

Two points that struck my attention. Firstly, the medical evidence suggests that the child was dead for hours before anyone was called. The extreme callousness of that fact - laced with selfish worry only about the consequences for herself, probably - just adds to the horror of this.

The second point is that the woman's partner testified that he saw her beating the child with a belt and even her own fists. All of which immediately begs the question - why the hell didn't HE do anythinbg to stop it? His failure here makes him culpable too in my opinion. But some kind of deal probably needs to be done with the guy to get him a lighter sentence in order to get his full testimony against her. But he needs to do some jail time I think.

5. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

I agree with everything you said. - So Angry!!