GUILTY WA - Nicole Pietz, 32, found strangled, Lynnwood, 28 Jan 2006

His name is actually Martin David Pietz born 9/16/77, so he was actually a few years younger than Nicki. My daughter was called for this trial, but on the 2nd day she asked to be dismissed and after giving her reasons to the judge, the judge did dismiss her.
It struck too close to home for her, as her younger sister went missing years ago too. :( Everyone in the courtroom seemed shocked to hear the story including the defendant.
I won't go into it here however., too personal.

The defendant's attorney asked my daughter, "Well, do you think you can still be impartial and unbiased?" and she said, "yes, she could just look at the facts alone as presented", then she said, "But If I were you, I'd not chance it " or some words to that effect and then they decided to let her go home.

She said the trial was scheduled to be 6 weeks to 8 weeks long. A long one I suppose because he's pleading not guilty.

Charges on Scribd public documents online.

Thanks for reporting the key issues. I can't get the link to operate for me.

Leomoon you may try to search for the live stream by typing in wildabouttrial. Under trials the site shows the current trials being live streamed.

Photos of the area where the body was found. The witness, LE, says 'these photos don't do it justice...'

amen brother.

That defendant sure colors up very easy. Turns bright red.

Hi friends :wave:

Defendant's girlfriend testifying now. Good witness. Defendant never promised her to leave wife, and asked her to figure out of she (the girlfriend) was willing to continue in a relationship with him (she was also married at the time).

Back from break. Another lady involved with the defendant on the stand. Nothing of consequence in her testimony.

Anyone know what State this trial is coming from? I can't figure out when court starts in the morning.
TIA

Thanks Nurse!

Link to the live stream: http://wildabouttrial.com/martin-pietz-live-stream.html

From WAT:
"David Pietz man is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his wife, 32-year-old Nicole Theresa Pietz. Nicole Pietz was reported missing by her husband of four years to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office on the evening of Jan. 28, 2006. A hiker stumbled upon her body nine days later in a wooded area outside of Lynnwood. An autopsy revealed that Pietz had been beaten and strangled. Her husband has been the prime suspect since the beginning. According to police he has consistently provided misleading statements to investigators, he failed a polygraph, and DNA evidence suggests –contrary to his story – that he was the last person to drive Nicole Pietz’s vehicle, a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta, which was found approximately two weeks after the discovery of her body in a parking lot near the University of Washington. The motive? Allegedly a series of affairs which Nicole Pietz found out about. "

I just switched on wildabout and saw some guy with what looked like sneakers and no socks (ewww) and wondered WTH I was dropping in on!

Oh, it must be a pic of one of the jurors. Maybe the camera person thinks he/she is expressing their artistic side but I wish the person, when in doubt, show the defendant. Especially one that colors and shows his emotions so transparently.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back