WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

DEC 9, 2021
New Details: Parents of Missing Oakville Girl Held on New Charge; Child Not Seen Since January, Sheriff's Office Says | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
[...]

According to Swift’s report to police, Bowers told Swift that “Oakley had started the fire with a lighter on the couch,” and said the family “didn’t call 911 because they could not find their phones.”

[...]

While leaving the hotel, an officer reported he saw a vehicle registered to Carlson and noted that, while the couple have four children between the ages of 2 and 9, there was only one child car seat in the car.

[...]
this one lays it all out.

Yes. :(
  • 2-year old
  • Oakley, just turned 5 and missing
  • 6-year-old who was denied medication
  • 9-year-old
IMG_0551.jpg

Image source: Missing 5-year-old's parents charged with abandonment of different child in their care (q13fox.com)
Where in the H were the medical professionals overseeing the 6 year Olds care, where were they when those critical meds were not being filled,and administered?????? They are obliged to the mandatory reporting of such things. Seriously. WTH??????

Hopefully the full truth comes out and if the alleged crimes are true, they never get out of prison.

It sounds like all of the children suffered greatly.

If one of the children said Oakley didn't make it out of the fire, I believe that.

We all know they could have reported the fire by running to a neighbor and they would have reported it if accidentally set by a child.
i am wondering if there was some truth to her lighting the fire while unsupervised, then beaten for it (blood) then no report to fire dept because they were loaded and had a baby to hide.

Oakville community holds vigil for missing 5-year-old girl

Jamie Jo read Oakley’s favorite bedtime story at the vigil, "I've Loved You Since Forever" by Hoda Kotb.

"There are pictures of a mom and a baby on every page. We would read it, and we would say that’s me and that’s you, and so when you look through it there’s a baby bee and a mama bee and at the very end there was a lady holding a baby, and she always said that’s me and that’s you mama," said Jamie Jo.

About a hundred people showed up for the candlelight vigil. Some who are connected to Oakley through her birth parents, and others who have grown to know and love the girl through her previous foster parents.

Holly Harp - relative of Hiles

"My girls would play with her, and she would come over all the time, and we would do family functions. Lots of fun with Oakley," said Holly Harp, sister-in-law of Jamie Jo. "It’s hard as a human not to think the worst, but we have to have hope. We just have to have hope that she’s out there somewhere

Jordan must have done some of the work required to get Oakley back. Oakley knew who she was from supervised visits but she thought of Jaime Jo as mom. One can only imagine Jordan’s wrath toward Oakley might have been due to her missing her foster mom, the only real mom, that Oakley has ever known. They neglected to give their other daughter essential medicine but the siblings mentioned mom’s anger was directed towards Oakley.
i feel like maybe oakley cried or acted up more because she knew what being loved and properly cared for felt like and didnt just shut up and entertain herself like the other traumatized kids.

Wow, guys.

First, I want to say that these 2 "parents" are likely horrible people who harmed their own child. I want to clarify that I am not standing up for these 2 particular people in any way, and I don't agree with children living in a home with parents who are addicted. I know first hand just how harmful that can be. Little Oakley has stolen my heart, she has the face of an angel, and I wish more than anything she'd come home safe.

Something that really bothers me, as a person with multiple close family members & friends who struggle with addiction, is the absolute viciousness of people who do not understand it. These two people do not deserve our sympathy. But people online are saying things about ALL addicted people, like, "Druggies should be spayed and neutered!", "If an addict gets their kids taken away they should have to sign off rights immediately!", and things like that... it shows a distinct lack of understanding for addiction, which is a massive issue in our society. That lack of understanding is a huge part of why addiction is an epidemic in America. These are the kinds of attitudes that people trying to hide their struggle with drug use will see and decide to let their problems remain a secret instead of getting help.

The public shaming, misunderstanding, hatefulness towards something that is proven to be a disease makes the disease even worse. Lumping all drug users into one category of "horrible" is both cruel and untrue, as well. I would also like to point out that, statistically/more than likely, there are parents surfing here on Websleuths who lost their kids to drug overdoses or the like, and they have to come across comments like this that dehumanize people like their kid. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

The immense stigma and lack of general understanding often makes people feel too ashamed to get the help they need. The language used truly matters. My dad was so ashamed about the judgment he felt over his alcoholism. He felt like people stopped seeing him as him, and saw him only as his worst problems. This made his crippling social anxiety even worse, which made him drink even more.

My heart is broken, because he just died from liver failure in September. It killed me when I would hear the sorts of awful things people said about/to him, all because he could not stop drinking. And he had such a beautiful heart. Addiction does not discriminate by one's race, career, relationships, class, education, motherhood or fatherhood.

Good people get mixed up in drugs just as much as bad people do, I've seen it with my own two eyes. It's like we as a society forget entirely, or perhaps just do not realize, that drug use often stems from overwhelming trauma, childhood abuse, or mental illness issues. People being demonized for trying to numb pain that they can't cope with breaks my heart to see.

Love-and-compassion-are-necessities-not-luxuries.-Without-them-humanity-cannot-survive.-Dalai-Lama.jpg

Here are some good links to learn more about how people with addictions are people just the same and need our help and compassion, not our judgment
Again, I want to reiterate that this way of talking about addiction is harmful in general. I am NOT standing up for these two people; they have officially failed as parents and have caused their surviving kiddos a lifetime of pain. They deserve life in prison at the very least IMO.

Addiction and the proper treatment for it is so much more than a sound byte.

I cannot recommend the Rat Park study enough. Everyone should read it.

i am wondering if there was some truth to her lighting the fire while unsupervised, then beaten for it (blood) then no report to fire dept because they were loaded and had a baby to hide.
I doubt the Lil angel set the fire. Someone probably caused it while sparking up their glass pipe,and it smoldered causing said fire. MOO

Addiction is a gut wrenching, highly complicated issue that not many medical, professional or spiritual people know how to treat. I have the utmost empathy for anyone suffering from it. But Not all addicts (I believe the minority) are abusive parents and have their kids disappear. That moves into a whole other world of insanity and cruelty.

All the active addicts though are neglectful parents, due of the very nature of addiction. The potential of abuse is not the only reason the children should not be handed to the addicted parents.

All the active addicts though are neglectful parents, due of the very nature of addiction. The potential of abuse is not the only reason the children should not be handed to the addicted parents.

In my experience, and I am old, addicts can live and walk amongst us and you would never know, for a long time. It is progressive but moves at different speeds for all people. There is a massive difference between substances so I hesitate to categorize and lump all addicts into one category. I do agree by the time a person is into meth and? there is no way in Gods earth I would had a child to them. And on top of that they already proved themselves to be totally insufficient. No way meant to be argumentative! I respect everyones experience and thoughts are different. Just MO.

I just saw this story on my local news feed. OMG! How the hell did no one notice this kiddo was not seen for over a year? How did the siblings not tell anyone? I am right back to the story of Sky Metalwala (who still has never been found). My heart is breaking for sweet little Oakley and her siblings who must have been traumatized from the loss of their sister (let alone the threats from parentals). Off to read this thread.

So weird to me. In my state, they monitor the family until a court closes the case, which takes time. They never just drop the kids off with the bio parents and walk away...
"Monitor" is often a very quick visit once a month and usually it's for a 6-month period. I don't know the specifics in this case, but I will tell you that the system needs to change. Addicts often do relapse, as we are seeing here. Reunification and parents' rights are put before child's safety, and I know this firsthand being a foster parent. The system always leans towards the parents. Children are returned home and re-abused and come right back in the system all the time. This is not uncommon.

"Monitor" is often a very quick visit once a month and usually it's for a 6-month period. I don't know the specifics in this case, but I will tell you that the system needs to change. Addicts often do relapse, as we are seeing here. Reunification and parents' rights are put before child's safety, and I know this firsthand being a foster parent. The system always leans towards the parents. Children are returned home and re-abused and come right back in the system all the time. This is not uncommon.
I want to know who the medical professional in charge of the six old's care is. Seriously the child is in mortal danger if not administered the meds. So where were they during this time that the child was denied the crucial meds?????????? Red Flags,Alarm Bells,and Whistles just for that alone. Why was that not reported?????? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I want to know who the medical professional in charge of the six old's care is. Seriously the child is in mortal danger if not administered the meds. So where were they during this time that the child was denied the crucial meds?????????? Red Flags,Alarm Bells,and Whistles just for that alone. Why was that not reported?????? WHY? WHY? WHY?
There should have been many people watching over these children. Without knowing every single detail it's so hard to say. Where were the Grandparents or other family members? Where was CPS? Friends of theirs? It's so hard to imagine that nobody saw Oakley for an entire year, and nobody thought to report it or ask LE to do a welfare check? It's pretty obvious from the booking photos that they are using. They had to go out in public sometimes. Nobody questioned where Oakley was? Nobody? For an entire year?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back