WA - One killed, 2 injured in shooting at Seattle Pacific University, 5 June 2014

some people on Twitter are REALLY getting on my very last nerve. For instance:

TJ Anderson ‏@Kiltmancomics 1 min
Students at #SPU should SUE the school for denying them the fundamental RIGHT of self protection #liveonkomo @GunOwners

SRLSY DUDE??????? :banghead:

The thing is, you'd really have to be super trained AND actually anticipating the use of your weapon to be able to effectively disarm some creep who goes on a sudden rampage. My brothers are military vets. One was a sharp shooter. Too many yahoos are out there treating guns like toys or thinking just possessing one makes you safe.

Soldiers go into combat with their weapons ready to fire, expecting the enemy. Even then there are "friendly fire" incidents. But let's arm a bunch of untrained young civilians and expect them to calmly take down a shooter and no one else? That's ludicrous.

Silliness.

wow, this is getting really weird. I hope someone is looking at what kinds of drugs these kids are on/have been on in their lives. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, obviously, but it sure seems like an obvious place to start considering the known side effects and the relatively recent trend of prescribing anti-d's, etc. to children. jmo

I have a feeling they're just copycats who desire the notoriety other shooters have received. They want to be a part of that. If we could change our culture to actively ignore these nutters, refuse to call them by name, stop using macho-sounding terms like "gunman" or "killer", to refer to them, don't talk about their lives and just concentrate on the victims, I'm positive we'd see less of this horror.

The thing is, you'd really have to be super trained AND actually anticipating the use of your weapon to be able to effectively disarm some creep who goes on a sudden rampage. My brothers are military vets. One was a sharp shooter. Too many yahoos are out there treating guns like toys or thinking just possessing one makes you safe.

Soldiers go into combat with their weapons ready to fire, expecting the enemy. Even then there are "friendly fire" incidents. But let's arm a bunch of untrained young civilians and expect them to calmly take down a shooter and no one else? That's ludicrous.

Silliness.

I have a feeling they're just copycats who desire the notoriety other shooters have received. They want to be a part of that. If we could change our culture to actively ignore these nutters, refuse to call them by name, stop using macho-sounding terms like "gunman" or "killer", to refer to them, don't talk about their lives and just concentrate on the victims, I'm positive we'd see less of this horror.

:clap: :goodpost: :clap:

This has put higher education in full on response mode all over Seattle and WA. I must say I am honored to serve in this 'industry'---- all 4 years have volunteered to fly in grief counselors if needed (remember SPU is a really small college), and universities PD's (some of which are accredited as 'real' police forces) are on high visibility status. Y'all have to remember that our Commencement/Graduation shindigs are this weekend. Talk about crazy times.

Man, this is really getting way too common. So much so that this thread is very short.

Man, this is really getting way too common. So much so that this thread is very short.

I can't bring myself to get too in depth on this. I imagine others must feel the same. It's too soon after the last incidents, it's sickening and horrifying. Enough is enough is enough. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a non-American, that "way too common" thought went through my head about 10 years ago. Then Sandy Hook happened and nothing changed. I reserve my feelings for the victims and their families who had no choice in being shot at, but I'm losing my empathy with the people of America over this issue. How many times does this need to happen before people are moved to do something?

It is sad isn't it?
Do we even have a thread here for todays GA incident?
I did not even go look, I just am so tired of it all :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back