GUILTY WA - Parents starve girl: 14 yo weighs 48 lbs.

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ljwf22, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ljwf22

ljwf22 Reality continues to ruin my life.

SEATTLE - A father and stepmother were charged with withholding their 14-year-old daughter's food and water so drastically that she weighed only 48 pounds, authorities said.

Jon Pomeroy, 43, and his wife, Rebecca Long, 44, could face as much as four years in prison if convicted of criminal mistreatment, prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. The couple were released on bail late Monday after the charges were brought.

The girl was removed from the family home near Carnation, about 20 miles east of Seattle, in August after a neighbor called child welfare authorities.

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081014/ap_on_re_us/girl_mistreatment;_ylt=Agv6elSD5JxBfUCRKIkPSVFH2ocA

2. Loading...

3. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

Oh my gosh, that poor girl! That is less than what my 9 year old weighs and he is small for his age. I hope that both these "parents" are given some jail house justice for this.

4. Vegas Bride

Vegas Bride New Member

This girls father failed her miserably! It sounds like he just let his new wife torture this young girl however she saw fit. Even if convicted, they'd only get 4 years at the most. A teacher did the right thing years ago and reported her concerns, yet nothing seemed to have been done and the treatment just got worse, how very sad. Because of the years of malnutrition, I don't know if this young child can make a full recovery, I hope she is and I hope she can go forward with her life and find happiness and love. Her living a good life will no doubt upset the step-mother. I wish these so called parents could get a taste of what it's like to survive on 6 ounces of water a day. VB

5. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

In 2005 school officials reported to child services about this poor girl. A case worker went to the house and this wench tells them she locks the girl up because she steals things. Social worker recommends counseling and closes the case?

Areyafreakinkiddinme?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/30988584.html

6. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

This story makes me sick! :furious:

7. MissieMt

MissieMt New Member

absolutely absurd....My 4 year old weighs 45 lbs and she isn't anywhere near over weight (tall and thin)

8. Lady Loves Lurking

Lady Loves Lurking Former Member

I hope they starve them in jail. They'll already be locked up.

Send that little girl to me. All I do is feed people! I would take her and love her in a second.

9. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

Man that father should be ashamed!! He must have just not cared to do nothing for his own kid. This is so sad and disgusting how they treated her.

10. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

My 8 year old weighs 95! This story hurt my heart.

11. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

My 13 year old weighs 105 and is considered thin for her age.

12. miss u daddy

miss u daddy Barack the Vote!

That's horrific! My 6 year old weighs 63 pounds! I can't even imagine poor thing. I know when I brush my teeth I have to drink water after because toothpaste makes me thirsty.

13. bamabeauty

bamabeauty Sleuthing Southern Style

This just breaks my heart! My 7 year old is tall and thin and ways 60 , my 9 year old daughter 100 and my son who will be 13 in a couple of weeks is about 125 . I have been in recovery for 3 years from anorexia but my weight was never anything near this severe . I have done alot of damage to my body and many anorectics bodies never really completely heal from the years of starving themselves. This poor baby did not do this to her body but I am afraid will have many long term consequences . This poor child is in my prayers!

14. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

By the way my 4 year old weighs about 35 lbs so this is definitely ridiculous, I cant imagine how bad she looked.

15. OrdinaryLife

OrdinaryLife New Member

The true horror this child has been through. I still cannot imagine the mindset of such abusive parents. I would literally die for my own. What the hell is wrong with people???

I wish I could take her within my arms, so gentle, and give her the heartfelt comfort that this is not what love is. Enough that she would trust that is possible. I so wish I could.

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

September 2009:

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/article/Accused-of-starving-stepdaughter-woman-claims-889369.php

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

November 2009:

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/B...H-SENTENCED-TO-THREE-YEARS-FIVE-MONTHS-213016

October 2011:

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/articl...mil-settlement-with-2208376.php#photo-1653831

18. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Rayemonde, thanks for clearing up so many of these old cases. I really appreciate it.

19. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

There may be another thread for this case around here someplace?