GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

I believe that they are both alive. I think some neighbor stuff went too far, and they are in hiding.

I certainly hope you are right!
Rather expensive way to go about it , smashing their cars

Shunn1.jpg

shunn2.jpg

shunn3.jpg
https://twitter.com/komonews/status/721067183879499776/photo/1

That area looks very easy to get too, nothing a 4 x 4 vehicle couldn't travel easily.

It's hard to say why they are taking so much time there and keeping mum about their findings.

It looks to me like these two cars were dumped in a lame attempt to hide them, although if LE hadn't searched from the air, there isn't any telling how long it may have been before they were found.

This couple met with foul play, not much doubt about it. Whether or not their bodies are there at the scene is left to be determined. Either way, there might be two perps involved simply due to the logistics of driving both vehicles to where they were found and then getting a ride back home.

We have a married couple missing and a feuding neighbor missing. This one's a no-brainer.....even for the cops.

shunn4.jpg

shunn5.jpg
https://twitter.com/komonews/status/721069635437592576/photo/1

More pics of the lost vehicles.

Take a look at the pic of the jeep......and tell me that wasn't a deliberate attempt to try and hide it. It's laying on it's side with all the windows busted out.
Someone went to a lot of trouble to make these vehicles go bye-bye. One can only imagine how much effort was put into making the owners of those vehicles go bye-bye.

I believed it was released that the bodies were not in the car. Also, I don't see any tarps convering the vehicles for privacy which would have been done by now if they were in the car.

I am just catching up on this case. Do we know the nature of the dispute with the neighbors?

View attachment 92001

View attachment 92002
https://twitter.com/komonews/status/721069635437592576/photo/1

More pics of the lost vehicles.

Take a look at the pic of the jeep......and tell me that wasn't a deliberate attempt to try and hide it. It's laying on it's side with all the windows busted out.
Someone went to a lot of trouble to make these vehicles go bye-bye. One can only imagine how much effort was put into making the owners of those vehicles go bye-bye.

If it rolled, the windows would break out like that. And Jeeps like that are notorious for rolling easily. Take a turn a little too fast and you'll be tumbling downhill before you know it. Many models have a reinforced frame ("roll bars" or "roll cage") to keep the cabin from collapsing when it does.

Note I am not saying that's what happened. No way to tell from one picture and it doesn't seem like any of the pictures show clearly the path the vehicle took to get into that position, and I don't know what kind of reinforcement it might have. Looks pretty sturdy though.

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

I am just catching up on this case. Do we know the nature of the dispute with the neighbors?

From http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...hicles-belonging-to-missing-arlington-couple/

[snip]
Court records show the couple are embroiled in a legal dispute with neighbors, some of whom Shunn and Patenaude claim have repeatedly harassed them and trespassed on their property with recreational vehicles and unleashed dogs.

In the court filings, the couple accused some of the neighbors and their acquaintances of threatening them verbally, mocking them, menacing them with their dogs and even scratching death threats in mud near their home since at least 2014.

Late last year, the couple contended the harassment had escalated and turned physical.

In court papers seeking an anti-harassment order, Shunn and Patenaude alleged a man who lives next to them assaulted Patenaude in September. Patenaude had been walking her puppy with a friend when she encountered the hostile neighbor on the road with his large dog, the court papers say.

The man allegedly pushed Patenaude “with his body, thrusting his hips and slamming them into her side, yelling at her to `get, get, get off the county road,’” court records say.

“This crude behavior, coupled with all the past actions against us, has prompted us to finally seek a restraining order to stop this unacceptable behavior,” Shunn wrote in a declaration.

A Snohomish County court commissioner dismissed the anti-harassment petition in January, ruling the incident appeared to be an unintentional issue involving dogs.
[/snip]

If it rolled, the windows would break out like that. And Jeeps like that are notorious for rolling easily. Take a turn a little too fast and you'll be tumbling downhill before you know it. Many models have a reinforced frame ("roll bars" or "roll cage") to keep the cabin from collapsing when it does.

Note I am not saying that's what happened. No way to tell from one picture and it doesn't seem like any of the pictures show clearly the path the vehicle took to get into that position, and I don't know what kind of reinforcement it might have. Looks pretty sturdy though.

The point is, an attempt was made so that both vehicles were pushed off the side of an embankment and either rolled or tumbled downhill to where they were found. You can see in one of the pictures that the land rover apparently got high centered or stuck in a rut and didn't make it down the embankment. I would assume that was the vehicle they initially spotted from the air, being light colored and visible from the rear. Neither driver was found at the scene, so this is obviously not an accident. If that land rover had made it over the berm and headed down the hill, chances are good that neither vehicle may have been discovered by now.

The only questions I have right now are where are their bodies, and how many people were involved in the coverup ?

She does seem to like her guns....going back a fair amount of time. Perhaps she tried to take matters into her own hands and things fell apart from there?
:dunno:

There's a chance those very guns may have been used against them. I have a suspicion that this couple was ambushed when they got home from work that day. Whatever happened, happened right there at their home. Hiding them and hiding their cars would have taken place during the night hours afterwards.
LE needs to start searching for shallow graves closeby to their property. Put down your radar guns, bring in the cadaver dogs, and get busy................

I think that restraining order and the pending civil suit was the straw that broke the camel's back. This wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last, that trying to do things legally through the court system ended up with someone missing or dead........or both.

patrick-shunn.jpg

Shunn and Patenaude pictured just prior to their disappearance.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/patri...-missing-couple-washington-neighbors-suspect/

I don't do much writing on social media. Websleuths is one of the few because of its lack of snark. I appreciate you not being snarky �� :)

I think that Facebook page may have turned out to belong to someone other than the woman in this case. I looked at her Facebook page (Kat Blu) and didn't see anything that she had posted recently. I never did find the Facebook page you were referring too, but I think other people did and concluded that it was a lady that looked similar and had the same name, but wasn't the person in this particular case. See post #101 above.

https://www.facebook.com/kat.blu.79

Another thing occured to me awhile ago when I was walking around out in the pasture with my two tick magnets..........
6_14_14DogPicsSummer11.jpg
My tick magnets

the place those vehicles were taken and attempted to be hidden is familiar to "someone". I understand the whole concept behind ATV riding and dirt bike riding because I've done a lot of it myself through the years and still do. Riders tend to go back to places they're familiar with and have ridden before.

Whoever decided to take those vehicles to that spot and try to get them to plummet down the hillside into a ravine was familiar with the area. The cars were taken there because this person thought it would be a great place to make them disappear and not be found. Obviously, the Land Rover getting hung up and not rolling down the hill as planned was an unexpected event, and it may end up being the snafu that cracks this case.

I'm not too sure that finding the vehicles and processing them is going to lead to much, other than maybe a fingerprint or two. I'm sure LE will be looking for video cameras during that time frame that may show a clear picture of who was driving the vehicles and when. I doubt if this couple was transported in the vehicles though, I think they were killed at their home. Moving the vehicles and trying to make them vanish into thin air was nothing more than deflection to make it appear that this couple left under their own free will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back