GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

Neighbors reported the couple missing Tuesday afternoon after finding their livestock untended.

Shunn went to work Monday, but he failed to show up Tuesday at his job at an aircraft-interior refurbishing firm in Kirkland. Meantime, Patenaude was last seen about 1 p.m. Monday near the couple’s home in the 27800 block of Whitman Road, near the site of the Oso mudslide.

Court records show the couple are now embroiled in a legal dispute with neighbors, some of whom Shunn and Patenaude claim have repeatedly trespassed on their property near the Stillaguamish River with recreational vehicles and unleashed dogs. A trial on the civil case has been set for later this year.

A neighbor had “harassed Monique and is not a good guy. He is squatting on a property adjacent to Pat and Monique’s,” Erik Shunn said. ”He is missing too and I think if they can find him, we will get some answers.”

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, a neighbor named as a defendant in the couple’s lawsuit said he didn’t know anything about their disappearance. “I know police are investigating it and doing everything they can, other than that, I don’t really have any comments.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/help-us-find-missing-arlington-couple-sheriffs-office-asks/

BBM
Very interesting!

BBM
Very interesting!

I know, I can't tell if the story is talking about 2 neighbors or one. Is there 1 neighbor who harassed Monique and is also missing and that is what the other neighbor is saying or is the neighbor reached by phone the same neighbor that Pat's brother says is missing.

I know, I can't tell if the story is talking about 2 neighbors or one. Is there 1 neighbor who harassed Monique and is also missing and that is what the other neighbor is saying or is the neighbor reached by phone the same neighbor that Pat's brother says is missing.

I was confused too but I think it's two neighbors - the civil case neighbor isn't the neighbor that is missing...I think!

The neighbor missing too is VERY concerning to me!! But, maybe that leads to hope that they are all alive. This just sounds like a scary situation to me. I just don't have a good feeling about it.

Have they hunted for them with drones yet?

I am having trouble copying and pasting. April 13 Seattle Times says both cell phones are turned off. This isn't looking good IMO.

What's in the water in Snohomish county?
Had its fair share of headline space in the last few months.

Neighbor disputes make me feel very uncomfortable...It's amazing how worked up people can get about the daily small-stuff.
I have a relatively sane friend who admitted to putting a dead bird (that she'd found incidentally) on a neighbor's doorstep because they'd cut down a tree!
Familiarity breeds contempt, but it can also can simmer for years until something snaps.

What's in the water in Snohomish county?
Had its fair share of headline space in the last few months.

Neighbor disputes make me feel very uncomfortable...It's amazing how worked up people can get about the daily small-stuff.
I have a relatively sane friend who admitted to putting a dead bird (that she'd found incidentally) on a neighbor's doorstep because they'd cut down a tree!
Familiarity breeds contempt, but it can also can simmer for years until something snaps.

Good Lord, I agree Eucalyptuz! Have you ever watched "Fear Thy Neighbor" own ID channel? Yikes.....neighbors can be lethal and so freakin vindictive. Hard to believe that these are true occurrences. That's why I too have a very bad feeling about this case. And it doesn't help that these two live in such an isolated area.

They haven't been able to search cars yet. Area described as deep and remote. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Snohomish County's search and rescue team on Thursday found two cars belonging to an Arlington couple missing since Monday.

A search and rescue helicopter spotted the Landrover and Jeep belonging to Patrick Shunn and his wife, Monique Patenaude, in a remote wooded region in the Oso area. Detectives on the ground have not yet searched the vehicles, but officials say the vehicles appear to have gone over an embankment and be in the same general area.

Shunn, 45, and Pautenaude, 46, were reported missing by neighbors Tuesday. Shunn was last seen at his workplace in Kirkland on Monday, while Pautenaude was last seen that afternoon near the couple's home in Arlington. No suspects have been identified.

Anyone with information related to the investigation is asked to call the Snohoish County Sheriff's Office anonymous tipline at 425-388-3845.

That's weird how would they both go over an embankment? Pushed?

So, is this a case of a tragic accident, one car following another in the dark, both heading off the road?
Or, is this just where the vehicles were disposed of after something more sinister...I guess we'll hear more tonight at some stage. But with both phones off, what are the chances of a freak accident like this*?
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160414/NEWS01/160419437
From link:
ARLINGTON — Vehicles believed to be owned by a missing Arlington-area couple were found down an embankment in a remote area near Oso on Thursday, but there is still no word on the pair's whereabouts.
A Jeep and a Land Rover that match those owned by the couple were spotted by crews on SnoHAWK10, the county's search-and-rescue helicopter in a wooded area near Oso, the sheriff's office announced Thursday evening.
“Detectives have not yet been able to search the vehicles,” Ireton said. “Both vehicles appear to have gone over an embankment and are located in the same general area of each other.”
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the disappearance, Ireton said Thursday.

*can someone from the area say whether Oso would be a region of patchy cell coverage? This could lead to phones going flat in a matter of hours...

Could it be suicide? Seems a weird way to do it but all the options seem weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back