GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

Yes, anything with *** is not approved

In LE's defense, they did say that the area where the vehicles were found was remote, so I have to assume that they couldn't get out there last night and started the trek this morning at daybreak.

Unfortunately, it is on west coast time.

I did read that the location where they found the vehicles was east of their home. I haven't mapped it out.

All I can think of is the vehicles must be in a very difficult location.
They were spotted from a helicopter .
I expect LE would want to investigate the interiors ASAP

Confusing about two vehicles..
If some one forced them off of the road, wouldn't it be difficult to do to both vehicles ?

So completely random..wonder if when the husband arrived home he found the wife in an argument with the neighbor. They (husband and wife) got in one car and took off and somehow the neighbor was chasing them in the other? It is kinda far fetched, however aside from suicide and just a crazy accident it would be plausible. I can say neighbor disagreements are the scariest things, we have one between some of our neighbors awhile back and had one of them not moved, It wouldn't have been a surprise to have a situation like this arise.

Edited to add: this is simply my opinion and a plausible explanation.

And if someone dumped the vehicles,they would have to make two trips and walk back, or have help

Yes, the topography of the area between the end of Whitman rd and stretching west towards Oso seems to be pretty steep in places. I tried to sleuth out the location of the two cars using the photos of LE in the area but a lot of these smaller routes do not appear on streetview and are pretty concealed using satellite images.

I wonder if it is possible that somebody attempted to steal a car and the two of them pursued them in the other vehicle...ending in a high speed chase in the darkness and both cars going off the embankment? Hard to imagine no one at the scene though.

Their phones were turned off... Can they tell if they are turned off or just dead batteries? Why would they both be off at the same time.

Generally, a phone sends a signal to the tower when it is shutting down due to being turned off, telling the tower it can release the operational data it has stored for the phone. (Call data is retained for billing purposes.) If a phone is capable of sending the switch off signal, the next variable is if a tower is physically capable of receiving it. IIRC, a reporter said cell reception in the general area is spotty. An embankment certainly could block reception even in an area with strong coverage.

The reference I've seen to their phones being shut off was from an uncle. People, including LE and the media, tend to default to saying a phone is shut off when it's unreachable. That's not necessarily technically true and may be obvious once investigative data is shared with the public, eg, pings from the phone simply ceased with no indication of why.

I'd assume no more at this point than their phones have not been responding.

333788C100000578-3542202-image-a-2_1460742165568.jpg

Can someone remind me (I'm having a hard time finding the forum rules in their entirety, I've only found this and it's vague: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules ) on if we're allowed to talk about FB comments, as long as we don't post them ourselves? I can't remember if we're allowed to talk but not post, or not allowed to talk either. I read something that was interesting, but don't know if it's allowed. Thanks!

Can someone remind me (I'm having a hard time finding the forum rules in their entirety, I've only found this and it's vague: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules ) on if we're allowed to talk about FB comments, as long as we don't post them ourselves? I can't remember if we're allowed to talk but not post, or not allowed to talk either. I read something that was interesting, but don't know if it's allowed. Thanks!

RSBM
Iirc, as long as it's a news fb page or is the fb of a person who has been identified as a suspect or person of interest... then it should be ok.

Marking my spot in this mysterious case .
Hope they're just missing and needed to get away.
It is a strange case and hope it's not like the McStays.
MOO

RSBM
Iirc, as long as it's a news fb page or is the fb of a person who has been identified as a suspect or person of interest... then it should be ok.

Marking my spot in this mysterious case .
Hope they're just missing and needed to get away.
It is a strange case and hope it's not like the McStays.
MOO

Reminds me of Mcstays too. Appears someone might have tried to hide the vehicles just to look like they are missing.

I believe that they are both alive. I think some neighbor stuff went too far, and they are in hiding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back