Identified! WA - Pend Oreille Co, WhtMale >35, UP13951, In Tent in Remote Woods, Dec'14 - Randall Reed Priborsky

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP 13951

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/13951

e9568e4e-f245-41c1-ae9d-801187c774ec.jpg

Approximation of appearance based on skeletal remains, a small amount of hair found nearby, and clothing found.

Unidentified White Male (Race is based on on my own non-expert observation)

Found December 2, 2014 in a remote wooded area near Hwy 2 in Pend Oreille County, WA

Body Condition: Not recognizable-partial skeletal parts only

Vital Statistics (NamUs does not provide any, so I am providing this info based on my own observation)
Estimated age: 35-60
Approximate Height: Under 6 feet
Approximate Weight: Over 250 lbs
Hair Color: Few hairs found - appear to be medium brown

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
* A Thick “watch cap”, navy blue in color. Lower part was red with a navy blue stripe running its circumference through the center of the red
* Size 48 waist, 30 inch inseam pants
* plaid, button up, w/collar shirt, Faded Glory brand - Size XXXL
* Red fleece zippered jacket with hood.
* White socks
Jewerly:
Footwear:
* Black, 8 inch shaft, lace up steel toe work boot. Brahma brand, military looking (only one recovered)​
Accessories:
* Navy blue small back pack Jansport brand
* Red sleeping bag, canvas outer shell with flannel inside lining
* Other personal items included toothpaste, a toothbrush, toe nail clippers, deodorant, 2 markers, a key chain w/ no keys, and a hair brush
* Wire rim (aviator style), plastic lens eye glasses, clear lens (located in backpack)​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - Tests Complete

Case History:
Found near a tent in a remote wooded area.

I read an old article that mentioned that Michael Wagar borrowed the boat from a friend. I guess it is too much of a long shot that he would have been camping out, too, and the location to where the boat was found in that particular case, and where this UID was found, well, the logistics of that is probably unlikely. I do think he looks similar to Carl's pic of the UID, though.

IMOO.

Thank you, Carl, for starting this thread. I had a feeling he was a big guy based on his clothes.
I don't know when the TOD estimate is, but this guy went missing in 2011 in Elk, Washington. No picture, though, and it lists blond hair.
Jeff J. Startzel
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13658/16/
Circumstances
Subject last seen at Mt. Spokane State Park on or about 02/14/2011. He was contacted by a Ranger in the parking lot and told he could not park his vehicle overnight. The vehicle registered to Jeffrey Startzel was towed two days later. Startzel has not been seen since then.

Russell Wayne Davidson?

Went missing from Walla Walla in 1995

View attachment 112538View attachment 112539

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

nampn.org - nampn Resources and Information.

A bit taller and thinner than the clothes would suggest. The glasses, teeth and full cheeks look close though.

I’m Russell’s niece, and I have to agree that the composite looks very much like him. Our family has been looking for him/answers for over 20 years now. Was this reported to Walla Walla County as a possible match?

I’m Russell’s niece, and I have to agree that the composite looks very much like him. Our family has been looking for him/answers for over 20 years now. Was this reported to Walla Walla County as a possible match?

Welcome to Websleuths, Davilx01! I can't imagine the anguish you and your loved ones have dealt with in your search for your uncle over the years. I can only pray you'll find answers soon. It appears Russell has been excluded as a match to this John Doe.

Exclusions -
MP2089 Patrick Beavers 04/03/1997 Jerome ID
MP14353 William Shannon 09/04/1995 King WA
MP20194 Russell Davidson 11/25/1995 Walla Walla WA
MP877 Kevin Elkins 09/14/2005 Lane OR

Suggested -
Michael Wagar
Jeff J. Startzel

Usually, I'm not hesitant about contacting LE but the sides where the ear is lower are switched around.

Identified today as Randall Reed Priborsky by Othram

Randall was born in Sioux City, Iowa and enjoyed reading. The circumstances of his disappearance are unknown. He last spoke with family in 2003. Randall was last seen in the Oldtown, Idaho area in 2008. Rest in peace Randall

Pend Oreille County John Doe (2014) is Identified

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member