GUILTY WA - Pepper Jones, 27, beaten to death in her Tacoma home, 24 Feb 2006

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by PrayersForMaura, Feb 27, 2006.

1. PrayersForMaura

PrayersForMaura Help Find Maura Murray

Woman Found Slain In Tacoma Home

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police are investigating an apparent homicide in the city's south end.

A woman in her late 20s was found dead in her bathtub in a house in the 5600 block of South Thompson Avenue.

Tacoma police found the woman after her mother, concerned she had not heard from her daughter for a few days, called 911. Just before police arrived the mother went inside the home and found her daughter dead in the bathtub.

Police said there were obvious signs of homicidal violence and detectives and crime scene investigators were called in to gather evidence.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/7499334/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=southsoundnews

2. Loading...

3. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

:furious: sad that the mom found her.sounds like another poor wife for our list.

4. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

5. misterallgood

misterallgood Former Member

Looks like Pepper might have had a Myspace. No photos, but some text there:

About me:
    I work 40-50 hours per week and the same @ home as well. I just bought a home and have a Husband and a Daughter. I love to drink, smoke and have fun!

Husband's name, based on a search of public records, could be Jayson Lee Jones.

Steve

6. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

Good find, Steve.

7. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Story Published: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM PDT

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A man who admitted bludgeoning his wife with a claw hammer and then drowning her in the bathtub faces more than 18 years in prison.

Jayson Jones, 28, pleaded guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to second-degree murder in the Feb. 24, 2006, death of Pepper Jones.

More at link:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/5276831.html
    =========================================

Man who bludgeoned wife gets 18 years

Story Published: Feb 23, 2007 at 7:31 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Feb 23, 2007 at 11:16 PM PDT

Jayson Jones, who confessed to beating his wife to death one year ago was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Friday. But family members of his wife, Pepper Jones, say he got off too easy.
    The sobbing relatives of Pepper Jones filled the first row of the courtroom. They glared at a shackled Jayson Jones, who never made eye contact with them.

snip

Jayson Jones confessed to bludgeoning his wife last February with a claw hammer, but says he doesn't remember the crime.

Pepper's mother says her daughter was packing her bags on the night of the murder. Lynn Boldenow says Pepper had just learned Jayson had fathered a son with another woman and wanted a divorce.

Much more at link:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/6050216.html
    ========================================

Jayson L. Jones is currently housed at the Stafford Creek Correctional Center.

8. pjop

pjop New Member

18 yrs. for hacking his wife to death. Dear God. THAT's a crime! WTF? :banghead:

9. Columbo

Columbo New Member

On the same page as that link is an article about a man getting 21 years for raping his wife in front of his young daughter. And Jayson Jones is only getting 18 years for murdering his wife? Hard to understand...where's the justice?
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93837549.html

10. PoppyH

PoppyH Scampii, My Cleaner Shrimp!!

Unbelievable, you can MORE time from doing drugs!!:furious:

11. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

He'll probably only do the usual half and be out in 9. Good behavior and all that. Disgusting. Washington state doesn't give detailed information on inmates, so I wasn't able to get his projected parole date.

12. Carter Hartley

Carter Hartley New Member

He is going to do full 18 years in plea agreement. I only know because Pepper Jones-Boldenow is my 1st cousin

Jennifer17 likes this.
  13. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 On Time Out

Was he always a violent husband?