WA WA - Po Han Lee, 93, Thurston County, 26 April 2014

My grandmother (95) passed away today at 2:33AM...
She was looking for him when she passed away....
Still no word regarding my grandfather...

Oh wow! I am so sorry. :( You and your family are in my prayers.

My grandmother (95) passed away today at 2:33AM...
She was looking for him when she passed away....
Still no word regarding my grandfather...

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

I was just thinking of Mr. Lee last night and planned to come on this morning and "bump" his case. I am so, so sorry to hear about his wife. It's heartbreaking.

I just don't understand the lack of interest in this disappearance. Usually I think LE simply isn't informing the public of their search efforts for whatever reason, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Perhaps someone could get some interest in the media going. To ignore the disappearance of a 93-year-old just boggles the mind.

I am checking nearly every day and just can't find anything in the media. All I can hope is that Mr Lee's case is being featured in Korean-language media.

I would hope LE will launch a fresh appeal very soon - I don't think the suggestion he got into a vehicle is acceptable anymore. It doesn't answer the question of where he is now.

Thinking of you today, Mr Lee.

I'm not sure if anyone's searching for you anymore, but I honor your memory on this Father's Day, and will not forget.

Thinking of you today, Mr Lee.

I'm not sure if anyone's searching for you anymore, but I honor your memory on this Father's Day, and will not forget.

Thanks, Zwiebel. You said it better than I could.

I am chasing updates. I can only hope. A 93 year-old has 'left the area', according to LE.

So that's all right then.

We really need the input of the Korean community in Washington on this thread. Post in Korean if you want to. We will cope.

Maybe people from the Nisqually reservation could help too? I do not believe Mr Lee got into a passing vehicle. He is out there somewhere, just waiting to be found.

I cannot find anything more out there about Mr Lee, and can't get a response to any enquiries either.

I fear Mr Lee must be deceased, and I hope family can make sure he is listed in Namus. If he isn't, he might not be identified even if he is found.

Here is the link to the Namus database.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/search

When Mr Lee is listed in Namus, it could be very important to detail any jewelry he wore, and if he had any hip replacements or other implants/surgeries or previous broken or fractured bones.

Thank you everyone for your concerns.
Sadly, we still havent found my grandfather yet.
My hopes are very low for his well being..
Now, the whole family just wants to know his whereabouts.
The sheriff just doesnt respond or call us back no matter how many times we call.
Its quite upsetting.

WTH?

Could you confirm the name of the sheriff please?

Thanks.

ETA: It's Thurston Cnty, right? Nothing's changed?

Thanks for checking in. Have you gone in to the sheriff's office in person? I think if I was in this position, I'd sit right there until I got answers or was forcibly removed. :-( Best wishes, please know that your grandfather is not forgotten.
The sheriff just doesnt respond or call us back no matter how many times we call.
Its quite upsetting.

Its quite upsetting.

myonlynara, you have to reach out to the media, and then local people who will help.

I don't think your grandfather got in a car. I am afraid I think he died, and I think the sheriff is wrong, but now they have said that, it's an excuse not to search any more. I think there need to be special searches in the area you last saw him, with special dogs, who might be able to bring your grandfather home.

There are people who can help you with that. Is there any language barrier, or is a non-korean speaking person okay?

I can't believe what has happened with this case. Does Washington really just lose it's 93 year olds and shrug its shoulders?

I can't believe what has happened with this case. Does Washington really just lose it's 93 year olds and shrug its shoulders?

Oh, Zwie, I so agree. It is horrifying to me that this case is just being ignored. I emailed two local media outlets and heard (guess what) nothing. I wish I knew what more we could do.

This is why I dread the cases involving our seniors so much. It seems like so little effort is put into finding them! I also emailed the media about a local old lady recently and have gotten no reply. :-(
Oh, Zwie, I so agree. It is horrifying to me that this case is just being ignored. I emailed two local media outlets and heard (guess what) nothing. I wish I knew what more we could do.

Bumping for the elderly. They hold a special place in my heart. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back