WA - Punch, Kick, Run

I'm surprised this hasn't made national headlines. It isn't often a tiny girl escapes from two thugs.

http://www.news4sanantonio.com/news...-girl-thwarts-attempted-abduction-10313.shtml

WOW, yay Savanna! I cannot believe that more Websleuthers aren't commenting on this.

From your link:

PARKLAND, Washington -- A six-year-old girl who fought off two would-be abductors says she knew exactly what to do 'cause Mommy teaches me.'

Little Savanna Norman was walking across the street from her friend's house back to her home when two men apparently tried to grab her.

No mug shot in MSM yet but here is his info on VineLink

Offender Name: JAKEEL RASHON MASON
Offender ID:2014092034
Date of Birth:06/17/1994
Race: African American
Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:pierce County Corrections

WOW, yay Savanna! I cannot believe that more Websleuthers aren't commenting on this.

From your link:

In today's politically correct climate it might be considered incorrect, racist even, to comment on a certain type of crime, and no one wants to be guilty of that.

My opinion only

Way to go Sweetie. Now *this* is the type if thing people should be raising 90,000 dollars for, IMO--a college fund.

Eta--I've always told my kids since they were little to "run and scream and fight like Hell". It's sticks because of the novelty of me cursing and allowing them to do so. "What you you do?" (Tiny little innocent voice):"run and scream and fight like Hell".

way to go Savanna!! way to go mom for teaching her daughter

Ugh! Parkland can be such a scary place.

Some local coverage. . .

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/...ors-charge-man-accused.html?sp=/99/289/&ihp=1

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...bduction-attempt-253906881.html?tab=video&c=y

And the perps FB. . .
https://www.facebook.com/jakeel.mason

A little OT, but I live in this county. Yesterday my youngest didn't get off the bus. She's in middle school, so I waited just a bit. I did remember her talking about a technology club at school that was going to be starting, so I figured she stayed after school. Now get this, I couldn't find my phone! So I drove to the school to be sure she was there. She wasn't there! They did an all call and I had them call the bus driver to see if she had been on the bus. The bus driver wasn't any help, only knows the kids by face and not name. Great! So I decided I was going to check at one friend's house that lives within walking distance, and then check back at home before I totally freaked out. As I was leaving the school one of her other friends came up to me. She heard the all call and knew my daughter went with the friend that lives close by. She called them and found out that they were now at my house. They missed the bus and walked to the friend's house and then to our house.

I was just relieved that she was safe. . .but I was worried, annoyed and all that other mom stuff. My daughter cried and cried. She told me she was even thinking as they were walking, "Mom is going to be mad. She reads that Websleuths stuff and is probably freaking out and calling the police right now." Quickly followed by that I worry too much, she knows how to be safe, I've always taught them, she was with her friend, etc. I always tell my kids, even my 18yr old, it's not YOU I'm worried about!

When she comes home today I'm going to show her this. It will probably upset her all over again, but can we ever not drill this into our kids enough? It's not that I don't trust my kids, it's the other people I'm worried about, kwim? :tantrum:

So few people care about this little blonde girl who escaped from animals, using methods her mother taught her?

Why not?

You can't even let your kids out the front door,fortunately the mom was looking out the window.I just purchased a personal alarm for myself and want to buy them for the teen nieces if their mother approves.

I want to know why the 2nd perp hasn't been arrested.

I guess Jakeel isn't a snitch :rolleyes:

Yay Savanna!

Thank you Trident!

What a great ending to a potentially horrifying situation.

My little girls HATE IT when I give them this shpiel, but I.don't.care. Fight, kick, scratch, scream- do anything... fight to the death... but don't let them take you! My 10 year old makes an audible sound of disgust. It just may save her life someday.

Great story! I'll share it with them when they get home from school today!

Way to go Savanah! She should be going on the talk show circuit now and showing other kids what she did to survive!! But, of course, the media is more interested in the controversial...more ratings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back