Found Deceased WA - Rachel Lakoduk, 28, hiker, Marblemount, North Cascades, 17 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 22, 2019.

1. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    LadyL, Laughing, denise_109 and 7 others like this.

2. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Missing Moses Lake woman finally found nearly two years after her vanishing into western WA wilderness

MOSES LAKE - After nearly two years of wondering and waiting, family and friends of a missing Moses lake woman who disappeared into the western Washington wilderness can start to piece together the puzzle that might help explain why Rachel Lakoduk didn’t make it out of the woods alive in October of 2019.

Emily Sawyer of Moses Lake, the woman who has been leading the charge to find Rachel since she disappeared, announced the news that Rachel was found on social media on Sunday night.

Rachel’s remains were found in the Hidden Lake area which is about 14 miles east of Marblemount in Skagit County.

Sawyer says crews are working to transport Rachel's remains from the area where she was found and take them "home."

LadyL, lindylou, Laughing and 10 others like this.
  3. Mysti88c

Mysti88c Well-Known Member

I am so impressed with the people who continued the search and amazed that they found her. I hope it brings some kind of comfort to her family

Charlot123, Calixo, Kudzuu and 6 others like this.
  4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Emily Sawyer of Moses Lake spoke to iFIBER ONE News on Sunday night. Sawyer says Lakoduk was found in her sleeping bag. Sawyer says Lakoduk's final resting place was far off trail on a 50-degree slope in a depression under a fallen tree.

Sawyer indicated that Rachel likely used the depression to seek refuge from the elements; it is not believe that Rachel was killed by the tree, but used it to shield herself from the snow.

Sawyer says search parties were able to identify Rachel's remains based on her clothing and equipment as well as her red hair. Sawyer says some of Lakoduk's remains were scattered.
    More revealed about discovery of missing Moses Lake woman who never came home from hike in 2019

5. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I’m relieved she was found. Rachel had to be so scared when the weather turned. Bud knows those mountains and has been searching for her since she went missing. He was close a few times and that always hurts. IMO

Suglo, book-thinker, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  6. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I am glad they are bringing her home. My thoughts go out to her family and loved ones.

7. Mysti88c

It sounds like she was well hidden

Dre and OnTheCase27 like this.
  8. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Sincere condolences to Rachel's family and friends.

book-thinker, Laughing, Dre and 4 others like this.
  9. Mysti88c

10. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

LadyL, Mysti88c, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  11. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

It’s wild. IMO

Mysti88c and ElementalLaura like this.
  12. D Barbur

D Barbur New Member

Isn't it crazy? There has been lots of unkind speculation about Kevin Dares, but he's really leaned in to helping find lost people.

Bud Carr creates lots of controversy, but he certainly did a good thing here.

StarEyes, Mysti88c, kelsie and 2 others like this.
  13. Greenestdays

Greenestdays Active Member

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the discovery was made on the same day they happened to have a journalist tagging along? What a wild coincidence.

LadyL and Mysti88c like this.
  14. D Barbur

D Barbur New Member

There is an interview with Bud Carr on the Lost In The Woods Podcast regarding the recovery of Racheal Lakoduk.

I understand people's ambivalence toward Carr, but the bottom line is that Brad Tripp at least knows that his little girl isn't locked in somebody's basement.

It's such a shame she died out hiking. My wife and I used to run hiking groups in Portland, and "experienced hiker" often doesn't mean folks make the best decisions or know what to do when things go awry.