JOIN WEBSLEUTHS RADIO LIVE TODAY @ 2:00 PM EASTERN AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TODAY 2 PM EASTERN

GUILTY WA - Richard Salzman, 49, murdered, Tacoma, 6 June 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by TexasRanger, Jun 11, 2014.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

2. fran

fran Former Member

3. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Oh my goodness......

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Now, this is a case where i wonder what the heck had been going on in that house!
    This 16 yr old...has peaked my interest....for so many reasons...

He seems so considerate of his families finances, drinks with his father, super rage filled killing...that seems like was years before things came to a head.
    "Told him to stop" sticks in my head... Wanting to spend time with his remaining family and how he protected them by sending them
    Next door...confessing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

According to the Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office, RS, 16, and his father Richard Salzman, 49, had been drinking at the family home on June 6 while the boy’s mother was attending a party. R’s mother called her husband and the two got into a fight, prompting R to attack his father, prosecutors said.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/06/tacoma-teen-charged-with-killing-father-hiding-body/

raw audio of the 911 call confession http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/raw-audio-son-confesses-to-killing-father/vCfKCG/ I am interested to here more about the "conflicted" past he describes he and his father having.

Teresa Salzman said her uncle was a caring man who would never harm his kids, and he and R had a good relationship.

“He was essentially a father to me and he loved his children and family dearly,” said Teresa Salzman.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tacoma-teen-charged-beating-father-death/ngK7C/

6. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

Reading between the lines, I'm betting there's some major dysfunction going on in that home. "I told him to stop" "We had a conflcted childhood, past" -- the sheer brutality of the attack, it seems like a lot of pent up rage.

The kids called himself in, not wanting people to go to the trouble of a search party, after giving himself a few days longer with his mother and sister.. he acted to protect them from the horror of the police arriving, the body being found.. sure doesn't sound like a sociopathic little monster.

Early days, I suppose. But yeah, I'm betting there really is more to it.

7. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Ditto...I'm intrigued

8. FlyerFan28

FlyerFan28 Member

The dad was drinking with his 16 yr old son?

9. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Yep..that's what the son says.

10. NZkirsty

NZkirsty New Member

How sad. I agree, I there must be more to this story.

11. fran

fran Former Member

Tacoma teen charged as adult in murder of father

Pierce County prosecutors have charged a 16-year-old Tacoma boy with second-degree murder for allegedly killing his father with a cane and putting the body in a wooden box.

Salzman was home drinking with his father when he overheard his parents arguing on the phone. He became angry that his father yelled at his mother and confronted the man, who pushed him to the ground. The teen then grabbed a cane and hit his father in the head several times, documents say.

read more .............. http://mynorthwest.com/11/2543894/Tacoma-teen-charged-as-adult-in-murder-of-father

12. Swirlz

Swirlz Well-Known Member

Another reason not to get drunk and hit your kids.

13. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I am hoping for info to come out on the family dynamic.

Teen boys - hormones - alcohol (if true) could have caused this IMO even if this young man and his father did not have a history of violent confrontations in the past.

Young men of this age IME tend to be dealing with feelings of wanting to be recognized as men rather than boys. It is not unusual IME for teen males to have - at some point - a confrontation with the patriarch of the family. A sort of asserting their own manhood. Add in the argument between father and mother and I can see things getting out of hand very quickly even if there is no history of abuse prior from father to teen.

But my spidey senses are tingling, so yeah, I want more info. There could be much more to the story or nothing more than a hormone and alcohol fueled father son confrontation gone horribly awry.

14. SilkySifaka

SilkySifaka Active Member

This is a case where I would like to see him charged as a juvenile. His post murder behavior shows someone with a conscience and who imo is therefore ripe for rehabilitation. And i am sure there was something going on from his childhood. Who drinks with their 16 year old kid? That is a bright red flag right there.

I guess i will do some wild speculation. Dad threatened mom, has a history of dv (not with le necessarily just privately) and teen was afraid it would happen again when mom came home.

The other notion of hormones works too, i just think it was hormones combined with abuse of some sort, mental physical or sexual that tipped the scales.

15. fran

fran Former Member

16. Knitty

Knitty Member

Couldn't find any updates at all after this June 2014 update.

17. babyroxy1969

babyroxy1969 New Member

18. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

19. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article50352080.html