WA WA - Rio Boyd, 21 - Last Seen in Spanaway on 17 Oct, 2022 - Phone Found Smashed Block from Home

He was arrested! I really hope the police are looking at a possible connecting to Rio's disappearance. 8 miles between her phone and the previous rape location is too fishy. I went to high school in Spanaway and 8 miles in a vehicle is just driving from one neighborhood to another out there. Hope Rio is found soon.
Yes, hopefully they can check on his whereabouts on 10/17!!!

Very interesting and appropriate topic - AreYouPressworthy.com

I've been checking for updates multiple times a day, for Rio. Some cases, just don't receive the attention : (
Thanks for this link, @Knox—I am going to share this with the college students I teach because we regularly discuss media representation and bias in the media in my classes!

DEC 30, 2022

Rio Boyd
  • Spanaway, Washington
  • Went Missing: Oct. 17, 2022
Rio Boyd disappeared after leaving her family’s residence to walk to a friend’s house. Boyd had just gotten a new phone that day. It was later found in a field near her home. Nothing on it, though, revealed Boyd’s whereabouts. “She’s (a) really, really good friend,” Naomi Welsh, one of her best friends, said in a video tribute. “If she feels like you know you’re going down the wrong path or you’re doing something bad, she’ll speak up and she’ll be truthful to you.”

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Rio Boyd should contact the Pierce County Sheriff”s Department at 253-287-4455 and reference case No. 2229201282.

MAR 27, 2023
[...]

Rio Boyd turned 22 years old on March 23, but she's been missing since October 17. She was believed to be going to her friend's home but never made it there. Her brand-new cell phone was found off Field Rd. a block away from the mobile home park she lived in.

Rio's stepsister, JF put on the birthday party-turned-vigil to remind the community that Rio is still missing.

[...]

The Pierce County Sheriff's Department says rumors circulated in January that Rio had been found but those were not true and there are no new updates.

Rio's family has since hired a private investigator but they believe someone knows something about her disappearance and hope anyone with information will come forward.

[...]

Her uncle posted this online: "A day an a half later as her father was calling and calling her new phone, that she had just received about four hours prior to leaving, a neighbor, while walking his dog, heard it ringing and found it on the side of 400 Field Rd. in Spanaway, less than a block from her home. No young lady would just leave her working phone on the side of the road! This raised huge suspicion, worry and fear."

“We like to maintain the possibility that she’s going to walk in the door one day, that she just had a trouble patch and she’s just waiting for a moment to come back,” Brian Boyd said.

“Things will never be the same without her and if she sees this I hope she knows that she is loved very much by her parents,” he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back