WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 159UFWA, 33-45, alias 'Mary Anderson', Oct'96

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by outofthedark, Jun 1, 2006.

1. FiveFelines

FiveFelines Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone else has said. I knew she was overweight, but her body looks considerably larger than I'd envisioned. The velour outfit is plainer than I pictured. And the cigarettes are a new clue, I think. She does look European in terms of ancestry, but (IIRC) the hotel staff didn't notice any accent when she checked in (unless I'm conflating her with Lyle Stevik—I know he had no noticeable accent). I'm also surprised by how peaceful she looks, for lack of a better word, considering she took cyanide.

2. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

I wish all ME and LE would release a UP's autosomal DNA results as well when testing results are completed. They must get both paternal and maternal haplogroup results, along with top ethnicities from testing, right?

3. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

I had thought she could be of Romany Gyspy genetic ancestry, too. Many Italians who DNA test have found out that their genetic lines (and associated Italian surnames) are not Italian at all, but of Romany Gypsy DNA.

4. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this since I saw the new photos...this def should be revisited since now she looks like a different person... Also I was thinking. It was mentioned she looked Greek... And it's funny because the zipcode that she used was 11103 which is Astoria Queens which is has always had a big Greek and Italian community... I grew up near it....just another thought.

5. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I have been looking at the missing on the network again now searching of a different look for Mary Anderson... And I have found a couple that remind me of her now...

Stefanie Kelly Stroh
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1591dfnv.html her face looks very similar and even the freckles up to the ones on her nose. Her skin tone and hair

Suzanne Arbell
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/914dfca.html
    what I thought interesting is that the only personal item she left behind in her car was a curling iron..and I know they keep saying Mary Anderson has an iron with her but I wonder if it's and iron for clothing or a curling Iron? Also says she was highly organized.

Robin Rena Abrams
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/589dfil.html
    she seemed to have vanished but I can see this girl changing her name and Identity to hide from someone.

Joyce Creola Brewer
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1465dftx.html she is more of a long shot.

Barbra a Jean Barkley Another long shot
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1724dffl.html

6. Tony1902

Tony1902 Unverified thread killer

They can only get mtDNA with female UPs, and yes, it would be of tremendous help with narrowing down ethnicity.

7. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

8. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Kodak Great thinking great job.. Someone somewhere knows her or of her!

9. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

I've not managed to read the whole of this thread, but I notice that some members have been, understandably, wondering where Mary might have obtained the cyanide.

What if she didn't obtain it but actually made it herself?

Here is a description, a recipe if you like, for producing cyanide. I am not a chemist but as far as I can see, there is nothing here which is likely to be beyond the abilities of a first year college student, either in terms of manufacturing technique or obtaining the materials. "Easily made from common chemicals ......"

https://www.scribd.com/doc/6558973/Chemistry-Drugs-Poisons-Homemade-Cyanide-and-Ricin

Cyanide is also present in many orchard fruit stones and pips and in the leaves of many members of the laurel family:

http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/prunus_laurocerasus.htm

What if she had been a government scientist or a chemistry teacher?

10. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

Thanks, madamx. I also posted the flyer to a Greek news site that has 37,959 'likes' from visitors and another page with 30,829. Within the last 24 hours, her case now has more exposure throughout the world.

11. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

Mary Anderson's NamUs profile has the latest DNA update:

DNA Status changed from "available not submitted" to "submitted not complete"

https://identifyus.org/cases/12916

12. Babyslims

Babyslims New Member

I was looking this case up for someone else and while on Namus there is a photo of her deceased that I have never seen before. I noticed something that looked like cigarettes and lighter possibly next to the ashtray. I've never read anywhere that she was a smoker. Did that ever come up here? Like a brand name or what not?

13. Babyslims

Babyslims New Member

Sorry I just went back and read, I guess that is not new news but I'm kinda shocked that wasn't made public long ago. I think that information should of been disclosed early on!

14. twocuriouscats

twocuriouscats Searching for Killer Owls

that link didn't work for me - all I got was a blank page that said "content not found". I'm on the west coast - thought I'd pass it along. Tx!

15. Cafegirl

Cafegirl New Member

I agree....this is actually quite common...in my town recently,a man took a bus from Texas to Wisconsin,where he knew no one,to commit suicide.and he did.I dont see a conspiracy theory...they just decided they were so over everything,and didn't want their family to know.....

16. Cafegirl

Cafegirl New Member

Ok...as far as the expensive things go...i had a friend..her and her mother survived on welfare benefits..yet they bought their makeup and such at expensive dept stores while I shopped at WalMart.i have also learned how to buy expensive items,at discount prices online,etc.if she legit was well off,either she had a great career(but wouldn't someone have noticed her gone?)or she married a man with money,(she hadn't borne any children,wouldn't he have reported her missing..or family?)if he was well to do,wouldn't they have had many social contacts?OR,she was still living with wealthy elderly family(parents)...she hadn't bore children...approaching middle aged...could have still lived with family?and maybe they passed,or a family fight,and she couldn't make it on her own?we know she had never been arrested(fingerprints)

17. Cafegirl

Cafegirl New Member

I'm in that age range,and I would be using metamucil...its not just for elderly😜 it helps,anyone with constipation..however,looking at her post mortems,I do personally believe she's at least in her mid 40s. Even with modern day science,recent cases have been way off on ages....i personally feel if she still had an iud,she hadn't reached menopause,so I just really feel like she's 40something..

18. Historical

Historical New Member

This girl went missing in 1981 under mysterious circumstances. My first time posting. Forgive me if she was already suggested.

Attached Files:

19. Maggie_Mayz

Maggie_Mayz New Member

Looks like a good match. Wow...I can see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

20. Historical

Historical New Member

Thank you, very much. I submitted it. It's now been forwarded to the King co coroner. So cross your fingers.