WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 159UFWA, 33-45, alias 'Mary Anderson', Oct'96

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by outofthedark, Jun 1, 2006.

1. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

These two look similar in the eyebrows and lips

Attached Files:

Triss likes this.
  2. Nate_Bro

Nate_Bro Active Member

That is the same woman I was curious about too. Unfortunately she is supposed to be half a foot shorter, although unsure how accurate that info is. Be nice to find more pics of her though. Her name is Adelina Rotiroti, and it sounds like she took a bunch of money from her safe and took off from Italy.
    The Doe Network: Case File 771DFITA

Laughing and insearchoflight like this.
  3. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Adelina was also older than this UID. If Adelina’s family gave dna then that would match up in the system. Do we know if her family submitted dna?

Laughing likes this.
  4. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

Just adding the ruleouts from NamUs here:

MP20296 - Sharman Carey
    MP32573 - Peggy Wilker

Laughing, iulia, Al Ka and 2 others like this.
  5. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this mentioned in any news article, clipping or post about Mary, but she was also a smoker. Maybe I just totally missed that info.

From the linked photos of her post-mortem laying in the bed, one can clearly see an overturned triangle-shaped cardboard advertiser on the left side of the bedside table in the top pic, top right corner. To the right of that are her glasses, then an ashtray to the right of them with a pack of smokes directly behind the ashtray with a blue disposable lighter resting atop the smokes. The smokes seem to be Benson and Hedges Gold (which I used to smoke way back when).

Behind the smokes is the radio alarm clock. What I do NOT see is a glass that would have held the Metamucil-cyanide concoction that she drank. And, here I thought that cyanide was pretty instantaneous. Apparently not though without the glass being on either the bedside table or bed. She must have had time to drink it and then get herself into bed and set up with the Bible.

If you click on the pic once the link is opened it will magnify it.

https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/UnidentifiedPersons/Cases/12916/Images/34927/Original

Edit to add: were these prescription glasses? Did they ever attempt to trace the specific prescription and frame model back to a provider?