WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Texas Mist, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. October

October Active Member

I have two theories regarding this case.

1. Shantina was intoxicated or otherwise impaired, drove down to water, and unfortunately they drowned. I just don't see them being on foot at this point, with dogs and a populated area they should have found them. I do feel that they should have found them by now if they were in the water as well. Given tides and currents shouldn't they be able to tell approximately where bodies would end up? Plus they should be floating by this point (sorry for the visual.)

2. Shantina knew she was lost and knocking on doors looking for directions and knocked on the wrong door. She's already shown a willingness to knock on stranger's doors late at night. Not the smartest thing, imo, but we've already established that she was somehow impaired. The reference above to the knock at 1:00am could support this theory. Whoever has or had them then drives the van to the end of the road to the beach that he knows is there, and opens some doors to stage a drowning.

Neither of these theories look good for them. :( This one baffles me, I just feel like they shouldn't be so hard to find.

2. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

Maybe that's why water AND ground search has been called off? I could understand water if they're thinking the current would have gotten them, but land?

If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time. I really hope I'm not though, for at least the child will be safe. In the hands of a couple of crazy people, but physically safe.

3. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

DAY #4 – MISSING MOM AND SON (update)

[​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/03/day-4-missing-mom-and-son/

4. lawlady84

lawlady84 New Member

Okay, ready for another twist? May not be relevant.

So the "family tree" website lists Shantina's maiden name as Shantina Kanally. If you search the WA court website for that name, case # 91-3-00023-3 comes up. Look that up.

It's a child custody case from 1991, but the petitioners aren't either of her parents! What is going on?

5. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

ITA. If they were in the water I think they should have been found by now also. To many days have passed by but if theres strong current it could change things.

The car (imo) seemed like the person tired to sink it but of course it didnt happen.

6. trigger

I thought it was posted here that her mother committed suicide. Hope that helps.

7. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

wth?????

8. RubyRed

lol...

9. coklat

coklat New Member

From this article:
    http://www.king5.com/home/Father-of-missing-boy-picks-up-search--88194812.html

10. lawlady84

lawlady84 New Member

She committed suicide in 2005. But this case was in 1991, before her mother even married her step father.

I'd like to know more about the family dynamics.

11. coklat

coklat New Member

I should add that the Safeway on Harrison Ave. is very close to the freeway (101) -- less than a mile and two turns at most.

12. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

I am assuming when Shantina left Pizza Couples house she wound up down at the beach between 10:10 pm -10:30 pm. I wish we knew where the neighbors house was that heard the knocking at 1:00 am to give us a general idea of what time she may have abandoned the van, if in fact it was her and her son.
    That would be almost 2 1/2 hours from when she most likley got the van stuck ....

13. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

14. lawlady84

lawlady84 New Member

woah, so she did buy wine at the store? well that certainly cements some things. when was she going to drink this? while driving? on the beach? :(

From the article: "a half-full and corked wine bottle."

Would half a bottle of wine really cause her to be that out of it? Unless she drank before, or other medication was involved.

15. trigger

Yes where is her family??

16. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

17. trigger

Theres so much debris in the water. Who knows if it was hers anyway.

18. anyoldtime48

anyoldtime48 New Member

19. RubyRed

http://www.king5.com/home/Father-of-missing-boy-picks-up-search--88194812.html

I think the bf needs a reality check.

20. dnrslucky1

dnrslucky1 New Member

In that last video, at 8pm, she looks intoxicated to me. She is leaning on the counter for balance and when she bends over to look at the map she is covering her mouth with her hand, like so no one smells her breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.