WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about this - how well received she would be by the family if she was found alive.
Good point, and I would say the drowning of little Azriel puts her in a bad position with police, public, and somewhat with family. Although I still believe his death was an accident, and not in any way intended by her. But she had the child in her care.

Good point, and I would say the drowning of little Azriel puts her in a bad position with police, public, and somewhat with family. Although I still believe his death was an accident, and not in any way intended by her. But she had the child in her care.

Oh I couldn't imagine that she would not go to jail if they were to prove negligence. It would be some type of unlawful death, child neglect, etc. With her previous record, I think she would go away for a while.

Yes, you are likely right on that. If there were any chance she is alive - and that is extremely doubtful, the odds are against it - I would say she would not want to come forward.
By the way, I have enjoyed looking at this blog (not about the ex-husband, which I did not agree with, but the 73 posted comments are worth looking at) (removed link)

Oh, I guess you can't link to it, as it won't work.

(removed link)

Just out of curiosity, can anyone with mad photoshop skillz post a pic of what Shantina would look like as a blond, redhead, dreadlocked reggae fan, bald punk rocker, etc? TIA

I am new here, although have followed this case from day one as I am in the Silverdale/Bremerton area. I do not believe that Shantina is dead. I believe she killed her son and disappeared with someone. I had previously found a comment from her on one of her friends myspace sites -- stating she was doing well and saving money. I have since tried to find it, but I believe that person has since made their site private. I also wonder what her break up pattern was in previous relationships. I also was behind a Dodge Caravan today, and I do not believe it would be possible to open the back hatch electronically against the current and the keys were not in the ignition. If it was opened to escape the water, the water would have only been a couple feet deep. It was not stormy that night either. I happened to drive home from Westport that evening. I could keep going and may do so later, but the sun is calling me to my garden.

Here is something someone posted on another site.

"I thought you guys might be interested in this article/comment:"

"Mr. Carver, Your beautiful son Azriel Carver touched my live in a special way that not many have. I met Azriel several years ago when he attended the Head Start Progam in Lonview, Washington. He was sweet, kind and very loving to all he met. However Azriel was not with out his share of troubles. Troubles that I could not save him from all though I tried. I filled out a CPS report on him and even though the situation was investigated Azriel was returned to his mother. I cried all the was home that day and for several days after."

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/M...ith-sons-ashes

I am new here, although have followed this case from day one as I am in the Silverdale/Bremerton area. I do not believe that Shantina is dead. I believe she killed her son and disappeared with someone. I had previously found a comment from her on one of her friends myspace sites -- stating she was doing well and saving money. I have since tried to find it, but I believe that person has since made their site private. I also wonder what her break up pattern was in previous relationships. I also was behind a Dodge Caravan today, and I do not believe it would be possible to open the back hatch electronically against the current and the keys were not in the ignition. If it was opened to escape the water, the water would have only been a couple feet deep. It was not stormy that night either. I happened to drive home from Westport that evening. I could keep going and may do so later, but the sun is calling me to my garden.

Here is something someone posted on another site.

"I thought you guys might be interested in this article/comment:"

"Mr. Carver, Your beautiful son Azriel Carver touched my live in a special way that not many have. I met Azriel several years ago when he attended the Head Start Progam in Lonview, Washington. He was sweet, kind and very loving to all he met. However Azriel was not with out his share of troubles. Troubles that I could not save him from all though I tried. I filled out a CPS report on him and even though the situation was investigated Azriel was returned to his mother. I cried all the was home that day and for several days after."

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/M...ith-sons-ashes

Welcome elf69.
I wasn't able to get the link to work.

Yes, you are likely right on that. If there were any chance she is alive - and that is extremely doubtful, the odds are against it - I would say she would not want to come forward.
By the way, I have enjoyed looking at this blog (not about the ex-husband, which I did not agree with, but the 73 posted comments are worth looking at)

You may want to remove the links in your posts, even though they don't work. There are a handful of sites we aren't allowed to link to here at WS, and it looks like you stumbled across one. :)

You may want to remove the links in your posts, even though they don't work. There are a handful of sites we aren't allowed to link to here at WS, and it looks like you stumbled across one. :)
Thanks, will do so now.....

BBM

Sometimes it is very hard to say 'goodbye' to a case - but you have to remember this case will be on WS forever, as will the threads and comments. It can and will be revived in a second when and if shantina washes up on shore.

Interesting isn't it - how sleuthing brings us into the personal lives of others, the bad and the good - most of which the person would never have shared with strangers. Often, it feels invasive, and I find myself very protective of the victims and family. This case, in particular, is very sad because addiction is a life time battle with a disease that never goes away. Just like cancer, it affects virtually everyone in the person's life. I find this case very tragic.

O/T and forgive me for being ignorant, but what does "BBM" mean? I have been seeing this in many posts.

:confused::confused::confused:

Two things: One , I removed the link. Am I allowed to give the name of the site, which I have always visited, and even now can do so and look at the comments? There are actually over 100. 2. I tried to photoshop poor Shantina, and although it came out dreadful, it does show somewhat what she would look like with different hair. Am I allowed to post it? (Someone else will have to do the professional job) Thanks

Two things: One , I removed the link. Am I allowed to give the name of the site, which I have always visited, and even now can do so and look at the comments? There are actually over 100. 2. I tried to photoshop poor Shantina, and although it came out dreadful, it does who what she would look like with different hair. Am I allowed to post it? (Someone else will have to do the professional job) Thanks

No, I don't believe that you are allowed to give the name of the site. (But I could be wrong.) May want to ask a mod for clarification.

Yes, you should be okay with posting your photoshopped pictures, as long as you state that they are photoshopped.

O/T and forgive me for being ignorant, but what does "BBM" mean? I have been seeing this in many posts.

:confused::confused::confused:

BBM means Bolded By Me. Typically used when a post is quoted, and wasn't bolded by the original poster (OP), but the quoting poster bolded a section of the post, or of an article.

No, I don't believe that you are allowed to give the name of the site. (But I could be wrong.) May want to ask a mod for clarification.

Yes, you should be okay with posting your photoshopped pictures, as long as you state that they are photoshopped.
Well, I have only one pic, and it looks ludicrous. I will see what I can do, but someone else should take it from there, poor Shantina deserves a better photoshop artist.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member