Identified! WA - Skamania County, Male, 30-45, May'03 - Name Withheld

Fairy, I rang you about this tonight, but we have both been so busy, unable to connect.

I think, this time, after the 100th call, I have a good connection. I will email them with all info sent prior and some questions tomorrow.

Again, will update as I am.

Fairy, I rang you about this tonight, but we have both been so busy, unable to connect.

I think, this time, after the 100th call, I have a good connection. I will email them with all info sent prior and some questions tomorrow.

Again, will update as I am.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

brownieccs2009, I think they look a lot alike. (I didn't compare the stats on them- I was taken by how much they look alike.)

BTW, Welcome! :blowkiss:

I also found this myspace page for Depatie...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=353033475

I think his father is Hispanic...which would make him hispanic/white. That also fits the description of the unidentified. They are also in the same age range and height range. The only thing that confuses me is the date of death listed for the unidentifed in Washington is 2003. Body was found in 2004. Depatie has been missing from Montana since 2001. But Washington and Montana are close and there is a picture of Depatie on his myspace in Washington.

Again, I found these two guys by reading other posts...but they weren't connected. I just remembered the jawline.

I also found this myspace page for Depatie...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=353033475

I think his father is Hispanic...which would make him hispanic/white. That also fits the description of the unidentified. They are also in the same age range and height range. The only thing that confuses me is the date of death listed for the unidentifed in Washington is 2003. Body was found in 2004. Depatie has been missing from Montana since 2001. But Washington and Montana are close and there is a picture of Depatie on his myspace in Washington.

Again, I found these two guys by reading other posts...but they weren't connected. I just remembered the jawline.

It was skeletal remains found on the UID - they had to guess at time of death. Let me find out where we stand on the possible we have submitted and then we can pursue this one. LE has been a little slow on this one, so we don't want to throw too much at them!

Welcome to WS, BN! Great start-I like your match. I think it is compelling-I think the key to the ID might be the necklace.

I would probably call law enforcement for the missing man and ask if he had any jewelry he wore and if he had any ties to the state where the UID was found....Depatie has dentals available which would make the rule in/out pretty simple.

Just a thought....

I think both missing men are strong possibilities for this UID. This is very interesting and a thread to follow!

Weren't these the skeletal remains that some people speculated were D.B. Cooper's? I can't find the article again, but it said that because of the matching vitals, some thought Cooper had finally been found until the UID's date of death was determined to be much later than 1971. Then again, I might be confusing UIDs.

There is a picture of Depatie on his myspace that was taken in Washington. I agree that a key to this would be the gold chain. I didn't see any necklace on his myspace pictures, but who knows! The UID was found with a wool sock and mocassin type slippers. so that is interesting as well.

IDK - it was at least 2 years between the time John went missing and the UID was found. He could have acquired the necklace hitch-hiking around or working odd jobs. Who knows? I personally wouldn't put too much importance in it. The biggest difference to me is the chin. John has a very pointy chin and the UID's is basically even with his pronounced jawline. I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe the chin would be evident even with skeletal remains.

Fairy, you are right about the chin. Didn't really notice it until you pointed it out. I guess I was focusing on the jawline, age, hair, and height being so similar. Still not sure, maybe if the other guy that has recently been submitted is ruled out then this may be a possibility??? What do you think?

Fairy, you are right about the chin. Didn't really notice it until you pointed it out. I guess I was focusing on the jawline, age, hair, and height being so similar. Still not sure, maybe if the other guy that has recently been submitted is ruled out then this may be a possibility??? What do you think?

IDK - a lot of Depatie's stats and circumstances fit. I get so frustrated with the clay reconstructions, but with this UID, I think they went too far the other way! Looks like a real guy and it could be very misleading when looking for a match. IMO, the jawline will be the key here and John is a good possibility. What do you other sleuthers think?

IDK - a lot of Depatie's stats and circumstances fit. I get so frustrated with the clay reconstructions, but with this UID, I think they went too far the other way! Looks like a real guy and it could be very misleading when looking for a match. IMO, the jawline will be the key here and John is a good possibility. What do you other sleuthers think?

After you mentioned the chin, I looked and see what you meant about the pointiness in the chin. I think it's a good comparison and I wondered if the reconstruction was "over done in the chin area". I am sure there are a lot of people with the squared jawline but with it being one of Depatie's distinguishing characteristics, I think it makes the comparison a very good one. JMO. :)

Does anyone think this is worth following up on? I just really thought they had a lot of similarities, but I am definately not an expert!

Does anyone think this is worth following up on? I just really thought they had a lot of similarities, but I am definately not an expert!

I am not an expert either, I see similarities between the two men. Perhaps it would be best to let the others chime in. :)

I saw Mr. Depatie's update on Charley Project on friday and thought he looked like the UID also. I just couldn't find UID page on Doe Network DOH! Great sleuthing, I think it is worth turning in for a match.

Has anyone found a picture of the WA unidentified man's shoes? I see the gold nugget necklace is pictured but I haven't seen the shoes. Please post a link if anyone knows where to find them.Thanks!

I have not seen a pic of the shoe. I understand that they found 1 mocassin type shoe and 1 wool sock with the unidentified in Washington. Depatie was last seen in scrubs and tshirt. But I still feel like it could be the same man because everything else seems to match. I also wonder about the dentals. It should be an easy match or rule out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back