WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it she was allowed to keep a child she bore after what happened to Sky? Wouldn't Sky's 'disappearance' be enough for her to be deemed unfit?

Smh

It seems she wasn’t. Sounds like the child was in CPS custody are the time of that hearing because she could only see the child with a monitor present.

i do not understand why this woman was not charged with child endangerment... she stated she left the child in an unlocked car for between 1-2hrs and during that time he went missing... surely that is the epitome of endangering a child and it should not require LE finding the childs body to take the case to court and get a conviction.
-full custody
- leaving child unprotected and alone in a strange place for an extended amount of time
-child gone
what am i missing ???
this case need a DA with some backbone to step up

I wonder if it has to do with wanting to preserve the ability to go after her for murder? Because of all the elements of child endangerment fit into murder/homicide then it would be double jeopardy to try her for homicide later on if she was tried for endangerment.

It looks like the charge that would fit without a body would be leaving him in a car and it’s only a misdemeanor unless they can prove he sustained great bodily injury as a result.
Child Endangerment Law in Washington State | Karimi Law Office

Does anyone know if Julia was able to regain custody of the child that she was having supervised visits with? I fear for any child left in her care and it would appear that she repeats endangering behaviors despite horrific consequences (or at least the claims thereof). I think of Sky, his Dad and his sister frequently. It is such a travesty that we could not resolve this case by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021