WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She got a slap on the wrist last time she left that child in the car. Maybe she is assuming the same thing would happen now and that's why she came up with the story.

When I got directions from the above map it said 1 mile to Overlake hospital from where she was...I don't know how to add to that map though because I didn't make it..The hospital is south from where she broke down..If that helps;)
IT is 0.8 miles to the gas station..

Thanks! I found the hospital. It looks to be a further walk and in the opposite direction of where she walked to the gas station.

One thing I will add, whether it applies in this case or not, when my son was about 3 he had pneumonia. He's always been at the 95th-100th percentile for ht and wt and he fought being carried in the car so hard, I could not carry him myself. I could carry him at 55 lb up a flight of stairs when he was drowsy, but when they are ill and fighting going back to the doctors they are hard to carry. I had to get my dad to help. Note this was after he had associated the doctor with shots and icky medicine.

I just pray against all odds this child is hidden and ok.

This case is being covered on Nancy Grace Show right now.

King 5 says :
LE were back out today to survey the area not to search.
Neighbor is the one who seen him last.
40 minutes before he was reported missing witness's seen no one in car.
There is traffic provisions that could have made her go the route she did.
She used to have a apartment nearby.
Uncle still considers Julia family and has a picture of her on his wall.
Attends City church in Kirkland, police were there yesterday.
Kids attended Elite kids preschool, police were also talking with them.
Mom has hired a criminal attorney.

I haven't been following this..JVM saying on NG that the mother was obsessed with cleaning? OCD?

Just saying, this not charging the parents with neglect, etc. isn't working in these cases...no one is talking. Maybe the charges need to come sooner, I don't know...

Exactly what I was just thinking....arrest her negligent self, now! Help her with housing by placing her in a cell!!

I also want to know what genius or group of them decided this person should have custody of these babies?? :furious:

Per Nancy Grace sub host: Car was not actually out of gas; it started up quite fine when cops tried it.

I have to say, it could be that she left the kids alone so much, in cars so much, there could have easily been accidental death here. What if it happened when he was left alone with his sister. It would give the 4yo sister a reason not to be forthcoming (trauma, guilt, scare tactics by her mother).

She got a slap on the wrist last time she left that child in the car. Maybe she is assuming the same thing would happen now and that's why she came up with the story.

I considered that but don't think so. Reason: my own battle for sole custody and permission to relocate. I knew damn well my ex would, and did, attempt to use any ammunition against me...there is no way I would have endangered my custodial status.

The last time her marriage was still intact and custody wasn't an issue. JMO and FWIW

There seems to be a wide array of recent- age photos they are showing on TV...

Exactly what I was just thinking....arrest her negligent self, now! Help her with housing by placing her in a cell!!

I also want to know what genius or group of them decided this person should have custody of these babies?? :furious:

I was a GAL for a number of years and I can tell you that, unfortunately, I've seen many cases where both parents were abysmal and the court was basically reduced to deciding which parent was the lesser of the two evils. I think that was the case here.

I don't think she left the kids alone for that 11-hr mediation. I think someone she trusts to keep quiet kept the daughter and little Sky may not have been around. :(

If she has OCD and cleans alot as reported, then she would never leave the kids alone in her apartment -- they would destroy it. I also believe they would start screaming/crying eventually and someone would have heard them.

I think that she believes that she will get away with whatever she has done. And if so, then getting charged for neglect for leaving them alone and leaving Sky alone is better than a murder or manslaughter charge. So she's willing to take that chance. JMHO

I was a GAL for a number of years and I can tell you that, unfortunately, I've seen many cases where both parents were abysmal and the court was basically reduced to deciding which parent was the lesser of the two evils. I think that was the case here.

I hear that. Just sitting and waiting for my case to be heard...I've seen commissioners and judges pretty much say that to some couples.

"Pressured" after 11 hours?! IF those children were home alone, she should have felt pressured after 1 hour! IMHO

I wonder how far away from her home the mediation took place? There is also drive time to be considered.

I just need to walk away for a bit!! I almost cannot breath! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I totally agree with you I just thought maybe that's why she used the word "pressured" I didn't mean to upset you

Oh I sure hope LE is helping her find housing...in detention! I am really upset that she sees fit to leave these little kids alone for 11+ hrs on a regular basis. This whole situation is her way of exacting revenge on her ex.

Husband says Sky's mother had dreams of strangling Sky in March of 2010 per Nancy Grace Show.

Seems to me, in cases such as that, forget the 2 evils, place the babies in foster care or with a relative. :banghead:

Seems to me, in cases such as that, forget the 2 evils, place the babies in foster care or with a relative. :banghead:

Yes, I hear you. But stripping both parents of custody/parental rights is almost impossible. I've seen crack addicts get custody of their kids back after agreeing to attend rehab. Agreeing to attend, mind you, not actually going. I've seen child abusers get their kids back. I've seen prostitutes get their kids back. Leaving children alone in a car is nothing to the court. Certainly it doesn't rise to the level of putting kids in foster care.

Family court judges spend all day listening to battling/divorcing couples rant about how evil the other one is. It all goes in one ear and out the other and they pick who they think is the least of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood