Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

I replayed the video and I have something to add Just before the one minute mark when they showed the killer the REVISED sketch, all he confirmed was: "That was her hairstyle". I'm not a voice expert but, does that mean that everything else in the sketch was wrong ? I'd just hate to chase down someone based on facial similarities when we're not even looking at a similar reconstruction of the UID. JMO

Here's my best estimate of what she might have looked like.

a91e3481-2eb1-494f-9384-51fe087e17b4.jpg

Question: from the skull, it looks to me like her bottom jaw is quite a bit larger than her upper jaw, with the lower teeth outside the upper teeth. In your reconstruction, the jaw is large and prominent but it looks like her teeth are pretty close to even.

Is that a choice you made? An optical illusion? A mistaken observation on my part?

From what I can see in the photo, the occlusion of her molars is OK, and her TMJ joints look to be in the proper place. But yet, she still shows an underbite.

I did try to show her chin and lower teeth projecting forward. I probably could have emphasized her underbite more.

Question: from the skull, it looks to me like her bottom jaw is quite a bit larger than her upper jaw, with the lower teeth outside the upper teeth. In your reconstruction, the jaw is large and prominent but it looks like her teeth are pretty close to even.

Is that a choice you made? An optical illusion? A mistaken observation on my part?

Carl I don't know how you do it but your work is amazing.

There was some debate over whether or not Jane Doe could have been a John Doe. I am going to say with 98% certainty that she was a Jane Doe because the autopsy concluded there was no signs of sexual assault/sexual trauma. They wouldn't have ruled that out on David confession alone.

Also, on the thought that she could have been Canadian. I went over all nine pages of this thread and I have a few Canadian missing that have not been put up yet (At least. I don't think they have)

Lori Lee Kasprick who doesn't resemble the Jane Doe that much, BUT she was 5'11. Which is one inch taller than our Jane Doe.
I don't know about you, but if they found me and didn't know who I was they would probably list my height at 5'8. On my drivers license and when people ask I always round up and say that I am 5'9. So that is one possibility as to the discrepancy.

The rest could in theory be ruled out due to height but I'd like to post them any ways.

Kathy Ann Lulloff

Sylvie Ouimet

Debra Richardson

Irene Scherban

I have such a soft spot for this Jane Doe. I bet she would be a good candidate for isotope analysis.

Roth said. "She didn't ask me my name."

He offered detectives these details: She didn't have an accent. She spoke in a monotone. She didn't appear to be educated. He thought she was in her 30s because there were wrinkles around her eyes. He thinks she was right-handed because she held her cigarette in that hand.
A girl with teeth noticeably this white was a smoker? Hmmm​

I live fairly close to the location. I'd be happy to put up posters of her likeness, with some information about the case...should I attach them once I make them?

I've run across this girl's casefile several times recently and have wondered if she has been checked against "Precious Doe".

Deborah Lee Tomlinson
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11096/3
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tomlinson_deborah.html

photophp.jpg

The weaknesses are her listed height (5'5" according to NamUs), and the nearly four-year timeframe.

Charley Project has her listed at 5'0", so one of them is incorrect. BTW, there is also a 15 lb weight discrepancy between the two sources. (I e-mailed Meaghan at CP to see if her info is incorrect)

However, she was 16 at the time she disappeared, which means that she might have been still growing. We also don't know how recent her last height measurement was to her disappearance, so she might have been taller by that time.

And a four-year lag between running away and being murdered - with no contact with family or friends in the interim is not unheard of.

She looks quite similar to the drawing. Her age (plus 4 years) is about right, and the geographic comparison makes sense.

She looks just like her. Interesting....so odd.

Thanks for sharing this. I had never seen a picture of her killer before. I really hope she is identified soon. This is a very sad case, but I'm glad her killer was caught.
No problem, glad to help. He looks hecka creepy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's been a long while since I was last here in this thread. I was out and about near Paine Field airport today. It was sunny and 82 degrees out, and I thought about Snohomish Jane Doe. I wonder if her family ever reported her missing? Or perhaps her sketches are way off in that they don't resemble her, resulting in no one recognizing her.

But kudos to LE for keeping up the search. And everyone else, too. I'm going to try and search again, too!

How about Diane Sue Gilchrist as a possible match?

She was 14 years old when she went missing May 29, 1974, from Vancouver, Washington. Her NamUs profile states:

"Per law enforcement - Diane was last seen on May 29, 1974. She left her home to runaway and never returned."

The height is off, but by August 1977, she could have grown much taller at the age of 17 years.

Notice Diane's real photo, and her age progression photo, are strikingly similar to the sketches of Snohomish Jane Doe. Notice the mouth, lips, and especially the nose. I included a side by side comparison page:

Diane Gilchrist Comparison.jpg

Diane Gilchrist NamUs Profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20347/

Charley Project Listing: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gilchrist_diane.html

It's been a long while since I was last here in this thread. I was out and about near Paine Field airport today. It was sunny and 82 degrees out, and I thought about Snohomish Jane Doe. I wonder if her family ever reported her missing? Or perhaps her sketches are way off in that they don't resemble her, resulting in no one recognizing her.

But kudos to LE for keeping up the search. And everyone else, too. I'm going to try and search again, too!

I live close to Paine Field...wasn't 82 here today, though, more like 75ish. lol. Off topic!

I like Diane Sue Gilchrist as a match, the only thing throwing me off is the height. Even if she did grow quite a bit over 3 years, it seems kind of doubtful that she'd grow 12 inches. But maybe her height could've been reported wrong; that happens a lot. I think it's worth turning in.

I was working on revising my Precious Doe recon before the NCMEC came out with theirs, but I decided to put this revision next on my list when it did come out. So after a day of tinkering, here is the revision.

64cbb805-53fd-4267-8649-d91d1d31fec4.jpg

BTW, the NCMEC recon had no influence on what I came up with. I based it entirely on the skull photo and the hair description.

Rule outs per Namus :

Maria Anjiras
Judith Brown
Rose Lena Cole
Cherry Greenman
Jamie Grissim
Corinne Groenenberg
Nancy Jason
Cindy King
Karen Lee
Charlotte Loomis
Cheryl Ann Moser-Iacovone
Audrey Nerenberg
Laurie Partridge
Debra Pscholka
Peggy Rahn
Yvonne Reglar
Sherry Roach
Rebecca Rodriguez
Evangeline Silva
Wendy Stevenson
Kimberly Stewart
Deborah Tomlinson
Christina White
April Zane

How about Diane Sue Gilchrist as a possible match?

She was 14 years old when she went missing May 29, 1974, from Vancouver, Washington. Her NamUs profile states:

"Per law enforcement - Diane was last seen on May 29, 1974. She left her home to runaway and never returned."

The height is off, but by August 1977, she could have grown much taller at the age of 17 years.

Notice Diane's real photo, and her age progression photo, are strikingly similar to the sketches of Snohomish Jane Doe. Notice the mouth, lips, and especially the nose. I included a side by side comparison page:

View attachment 94002

Diane Gilchrist NamUs Profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20347/

Charley Project Listing: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gilchrist_diane.html
Nice work - I agree with Springrain, it wouldn't hurt to submit!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back