WA WA - Spokane, WhtFem UP489, 16-30, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by believe09, Aug 25, 2008.

1. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

"occulta" in "spina bifida occulta" means it was hidden, that is the opening in the spinal column wasn't visible externally. It usually causes no symptoms and 10-20% of the population may have it. (Source: Spina Bifida Resource Center https://spinabifidaassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Spina-Bifida-Occulta1.pdf)

So she might have had back pain or other issues (the link lists some possibilities) but more likely it wasn't anything she or any of her family or friends was aware of.

2. sluethermac

sluethermac Active Member

3. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

dotr likes this.
  4. sluethermac

There's 4 cases, im not sure why it only list the names for 2 of them, must be a glitch.

dotr likes this.
  5. Mysteries1974

No it’s because the Charley project link shows the name but namus links don’t. I doubt it’s match because they don’t have gaps in their teeth like Millie

dotr likes this.
  6. sluethermac

She's missing a single tooth which can come at any time, for all we know it couldce came out during the murder. I'm using Carls reconstruction and description of the Jane Doe. Ms Fullman and Horowitz fit his description perfectly. Would like to get his opinion on these two.

dotr likes this.
  7. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

They can tell whether the tooth came out when she was alive, and how far before death, based on the amount of injury and healing to the jaw. Teeth that fall out after death don't leave a wound.

anonymess, dotr and sluethermac like this.
  8. Mysteries1974

Ok

9. Wwnjwest

Wwnjwest Member

I know it is a long shot but I submitted Sylvia Torgow on namus...and also sent the information to the email address for the medical examiner listed for Millie does case..Sylvia went missing in 1970 I believe..escaped from an eastern state prison. I can only find these 2 images of her online. I cant see her teeth in either photo, but the side profile picture of her definitely looks like she could have an under bite? You can visibly see one mole on her neck, but the shadowing from her chin in the photo makes it really hard to tell if she has more . She would have been about 32 in 1984.... AND her namus profile lists a scar on her left arm. She had a tattoo on one of her hands, which could explain why her hands were missing? Her prison escape could also explain the distance she was from where she went missing from... if someone was wanted by the law, it would make sense that she might flee and put some distance between herself and where they were looking for her. Would like any feed backs or opinions on if you guys also see a similarity between her photo and the composites.

NAMUS MP 34291 Sylvia Torgow

Attached Files:

dotr, Bit of hope and sluethermac like this.
  10. sluethermac

Please submit this. looks very possible. Don't let the mole on her chin discredit you from believing this is her either, her skull was found years later, meaning she could've had freckles, acne, etc on her skin.

anonymess, dotr and Wwnjwest like this.
  11. Wwnjwest

Wwnjwest Member

Sluethermac.. I did submit to namus and also send sent an email to the office of the medical examiner for Spokane that was listed on the Doe network for "millie" doe's case. I appreciate knowing others see the same likeness between the two, that I saw. I wish that there was more information & photos available for Sylvia Torgow online, but I've searched and searched and information is vague and these are the only photos I have been able to find

dotr and Bit of hope like this.
  12. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Unite...love will always win.

I don't know if Sylvia is a match..but I find it intriguing that you put her "in the mix".

dotr, Mysteries1974 and Wwnjwest like this.
  13. Nancy Drew RN

Nancy Drew RN Well-Known Member

I did some research on Sylvia Torgow (in relation to Annie Doe), and she is very intriguing. I was unable to find evidence of her existence outside of her escape info from Michigan (?). There are some prominent Torgows in that area, but I could not connect her to them at all. Same with other clusters of Torgows in Florida, Chicago, and Texas. I've wondered if that was just one of her many aliases--I attempted to research them a bit, but they're mostly more common names. If so, I hope that she's well now, living under some other name. It would be interesting if her fingerprints matched up with some other aliases as old records are uploaded into databases.

anonymess, dotr, FireOwl9 and 3 others like this.
  14. Wwnjwest

Wwnjwest Member

There definitely was very little information about her online when I researched her! I also saw that most of the Torgow names in Michigan were prominent people. I could not even find out if Torgow was her married name for sure? Or if it was her maiden name? I so wish that there was more info available on some of the older missing persons cases. Sadly a lot of cases have little to no information available online. I cannot wait to see both Annie Doe and millie doe cases to be solved! They are both cases that I've spent time reading up on, and I think that Sylvia Torgow definitely is a great submission for comparison on both cases.

dotr, carbuff and Bit of hope like this.
  15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Posted this post on this thread..
    AZ - Sheila Annette Pauley, 20 missing from Ehrenburg, Arizona 1980

carbuff and Earth like this.
  16. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Unite...love will always win.

17. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

ETA: have mercy! I just realized I’ve been looking at a skull with a clear underbite and comparing it to a young woman with a clear overbite! :oops: I promise I know the difference between the two, I don’t know what I was thinking *sigh* ... well, here’s to refreshing “Millie’s” thread !

Could “Millie” possible be Denise Beaudin?? I can’t imagine that DNA hasn’t ruled this out, but ya never know. I’ve read through the entire thread and the explanation of how the reconstructions were formed; the placement of the teeth sockets, chin, nose, moles, etc. AFAIK there are two photos of Denise available for comparison. While she doesn’t appear to have a noticeable gap between her front teeth, she certainly has a prominent overbite. Could the placement of the sockets account for the arrangement of Denise’s front teeth? Denise is wearing a turtleneck like shirt in her photo so if she has moles they can’t be seen.

Her vital stats match up, aside from the hair color which as I understand is an approximation based on arm hair?

F5D3B1FE-F1B3-4C82-918D-39D0AE3A2646.jpeg AE404F8F-649C-423B-B5C5-22C00B0DBD15.png
    23 years old (16-30)
    5’4” - 5’6” (5’7”)
    120 lbs. - 140 lbs. (130 lbs)
    Brown hair & eyes (blonde appearing & unknown)
    Overbite

dotr and Earth like this.
  18. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

Darlene Yvonne Tucker

[​IMG]

Missing Person - View Occurrence

Name: Darlene Yvonne Tucker
    Date Last Seen: 14/02/1983
    Place Last Seen: Oakville, ON
    Age (At Time of Disappearance): 16
    Ethnicity: white
    Complexion: Light
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Hazel
    Hair Colour/Style: Brown-
    - Shoulder length
    Facial Hair:
    Build:
    Medium
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 119lbs
    Date of Birth:
    General Appearance:

Marks/Scars/Tattoos:
    1" scar in knee area of right leg
    1" scar just above right eyebrow

Habits:

Clothing:

Details:
    Unknown - Prominent gap between two upper front teeth.

If you have any information on this case, please call Regional Investigative Services at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

19. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Definitely see a resemblance!
    EAAC6B00-DD19-4B5B-95AE-F80C07384138.jpeg

20. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

rsbm

Darlene Tucker is on the rule out list for "Millie" in NamUS

dotr, Bit of hope, anonymess and 3 others like this.