Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtMale, 50-70, in river, 'Next Please' TShirt, Jun'16 - Donald Nyden

How about Michael McCorkindale missing since April 2015 from Post Falls, Idaho, which is only about 25 miles from Spokane. Not much info on NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28552/0/

From Spokane News FB page May 3, 2015. https://www.facebook.com/SpokaneNew...13410325705/10152727244220706/?type=3&theater

11205079_10152727244220706_6099739451219939460_n.jpg

His page gave me the heebie jeebies.

Male, 5'11", and 135 pounds. I'm young compared to most, though. Sizes don't mean much. I wear anywhere from Small to XL, and they all hang properly on me (not too loose, not skin-tight). Most newer t-shirts I wear are either L or XL. Most nicer clothes I wear are Small or Medium. Vanity sizing ought to be illegal.

Just got word from Elizabeth from the Spokane MedEx office that this man was positively ID'd, as a result of someone recognizing the facial reconstruction.

She hasn't provided any additional details yet, but she will soon.

Just got word from Elizabeth from the Spokane MedEx office that this man was positively ID'd, as a result of someone recognizing the facial reconstruction.

Great work, CarlK!

Thank you Carl for sharing your art. You are making a huge difference in this world with your reconstructions. I so appreciate what you do!!!!! Congrats on another name given back to one of our missing.

The decedent was ID'd as Donald E. Nyden (68)

Tips from the public have allowed the Spokane County Medical Examiner to identify a man found in the Spokane River Saturday.

The man found caught in the branches of a downed tree near 2209 W. Falls Avenue was Donald E. Nyden, 68. His cause of death won’t be determined until results from toxicology tests are in, which could take several weeks.

The medical examiner was originally unable to identify Nyden and had released a plea to the public asking for information.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/jun/10/public-helps-identify-man-found-in-the-spokane-riv/

Turns out that the Don Nyden that I showed earlier was not the right Don Nyden.

I was a little surprised because with a long beard and about 10-20 years added to his age, he looked a lot like my recon.

The correct Don Nyden was a Vietnam veteran and had been a transient since he returned.

Turns out that the Don Nyden that I showed earlier was not the right Don Nyden.

I was a little surprised because with a long beard and about 10-20 years added to his age, he looked a lot like my recon.

The correct Don Nyden was a Vietnam veteran and had been a transient since he returned.

Wait, what? It looked *just* like him.

The staggering amount of homeless veterans is a tragedy. I'm sorry to hear Don's life ended this way.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/feb/05/spokane-county-has-identified-one-missing-person-u/

When Donald Nyden’s body turned up in the Spokane River last summer, it didn’t take long to figure out who he was.

That’s largely because the medical examiner’s office asked for help from an unlikely source: Carl Koppelman, a former accountant from Southern California who’s something of a guru in the art of drawing the dead...

The Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office sent Koppelman a few photos of the autopsy. A day later he returned a portrait, having restored a sense of life to Nyden’s features – from the wrinkles under his eyes to the texture of his beard.

It was an image fit for publication by the local media.

“We got a phone call right away saying, ‘That’s our guy,’” said Elizabeth Nelson, an investigator from the medical examiner’s office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back