Deceased/Not Found WA - Susan Lundy, 58, Olympia, 30 June 2019

I am Sue's niece.
Her daughter has been arrested for 1st degree murder after going to police to give a truthful statement on Monday.
The details are graphic, inhumane.
Our family and friends are beside ourselves. We hurt and are in shock.
I want to express our gratitude to everyone who was helping, in all capacities. At this time we are trying to grasp the magnitude of this tragedy. Sue and Amara have now both been taken from our lives, there is a large hole where they once we're.
If you'd all please keep our little tribe in your thoughts we would be eternally grateful.
Thank you and God bless you.
Please hold your loved ones close.
I'm so sorry for your terrible loss, and will definitely keep you in my thoughts- xo.

I am Sue's niece.
Her daughter has been arrested for 1st degree murder after going to police to give a truthful statement on Monday.
I want to express our gratitude to everyone who was helping, in all capacities. At this time we are trying to grasp the magnitude of this tragedy. Sue and Amara have now both been taken from our lives, there is a large hole where they once we're.
If you'd all please keep our little tribe in your thoughts we would be eternally grateful.
Embracing your "little tribe" with love from afar @MalynMoore21. I'm truly glad you joined us and hope you'll post when you feel like talking. Sue has a son too, right? Were they close?

The daughter of a Westfield native who was reported missing from her home in Olympia, Washington, last month has been charged in her mother’s death, police said.

Susan Lundy, 58, had been reported missing to Olympia City Police on July 6, and on Monday, officers arrested her daughter, Amara Lundy, 23, in connection with the homicide, Lt. Paul Lower, spokesman for the Olympia Police, said in a statement.

The mother, Susan Lundy, is a graduate of the 1979 class of Westfield High School. Her yearbook photo is contained in the 1978 edition of the Weather Vane, in which she is listed as a junior.

Authorities booked Amara Lundy at the Thurston County Jail on charges of first-degree murder, Lower said.

Amara Lundy appeared in Thurston County Superior Court Tuesday, where a judge ordered that she be held without bail, a report in The Olympian said. The report says Amara Lundy admitted to strangling her mother with a cord while her mother begged her to stop.
New Jersey Native Found Slain, Dismembered in Washington State, Police Say

I am Sue's niece.
Prayers for you and your "little tribe" during this unthinkably tragic time. Susan was a wonderful women whose life was stolen from her, and she will be missed.

August 28, 2019: "Amara J. Lundy, 23, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to the charge of first-degree murder in connection with her mother’s death, according to a spokesperson with the Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office... Lundy’s trial is currently set to begin Oct. 21, the spokesperson told The Olympian, though that date is subject to change. She is being held at the Thurston County Jail without bail."

https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article234447292.html

Olympia woman pleads not guilty to killing, dismembering her mother

She cleaned up the basement with bleach and then went to great lengths to make it appear that her mother had left town, destroying her mother's cell phone and throwing her IDs into a garbage can at Goodwill, according to court documents.

She took detectives around the city and showed them where she had disposed of her mother's remains.

Older case - just adding the sentencing info:

"A Thurston County Superior Court judge has sentenced Amara Lundy to 8 1/2 years in prison for killing and dismembering her mother in 2019."

and the boyfriend's sentence:

"Parker, 31, has also been sentenced in the killing, after pleading guilty as charged to rendering criminal assistance in the first degree. He was sentenced to one year in jail earlier this month with credit for time served."

Lundy Sentenced to 8 1/2 Years in Prison for Killing Mother in Olympia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back