GUILTY WA - Susann Smith, 37, murdered, Bothell, 12 Feb 2013

You ain't kiddin

Thai said police have warned her that Smith is a sociopath, but she doesn't buy it. And she doesn't think he's guilty of murder, either.

"I have told my family that if all the evidence comes and there's evidence against him, I will stand by him because in the end it's about forgiveness," Thai said. :thud:

I'm so glad others are interested in this case! From what I can tell, it's only been getting local attention, but the people involved and the circumstances are quite fascinating, and unfortunately, quite familiar. It reminds me of Susan Powell, and yes, there are kids involved.

The husband and his new girlfriend were having sex on the lawn when the police went to the home to investigate screams coming from the house (read one of the news links for details).

<modsnip>

nells, thank you for directing me to this case. I was looking for a good case to follow. I am NOT following the George Zimmerman case, because of racial comments, made in the media.

nells, thank you for directing me to this case. I was looking for a good case to follow. I am NOT following the George Zimmerman case, because of racial comments, made in the media.

I wonder why it's not getting a lot of attention (comparatively)? I think once major media figures (Nancy Grace, JVM, et. al.) take a close look, and perhaps once a suspect is officially arrested and charged, that will change.

he and his gf were having sex in the front yard this week?

(from your link, Nell's)

"Thursday's arrest was Smith's second run in with the law this week. On Monday, neighbors called police after they heard a woman screaming. When officers arrived, they found Smith and his girlfriend, Love Thai, having sex in the yard."

"Smith was not arrested or cited for the Monday incident."

These two are so bizarre....I'm at a Loss for words. Thank God the state took the kids away.

Eeeeeewwwwww!

Thank Goodness this nut job got arrested now I hope for a plea, save the taxpayers their money. Thai should be thankful that she got away with her life, she needs to get some counseling IMO, I am not judging her. I hope the children are somewhere wonderful and getting to feel their mother's love through good friends and family.

Here it is in MSM:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130627/NEWS01/706279873#Bothell-man-arrested-in-wifes-killing

She has for weeks been posting photographs and videos to Facebook, documenting developments in the case, including his arrest last week and later release from jail after posting bail. A few hours ago, Thai posted that she is pregnant.

Also, this gem:
"Let me tell you a little bit about how my life has been in the past four or five months, or maybe longer," he said. "So, as I was struggling with the divorce case and I found that the divorce lawyers were steering me, I got overcome with the shame that I was failing my family because the family law system was literally steering me away from my children, ignoring the evidence that I brought that they were suffering. … I started feeling incompetent and ashamed."

The camera later captured Smith crying as he drove, and telling Thai, "There is nothing in this world that can make you unworthy."

Some things that stand out to me from the affidavit:

- why did he drive by (but not enter?) Susann's house on 2/12, after leaving Walmart and Home Depot? Did he see police cars at the residence and decide not to stop? Was he planning to return to the scene to clean up or burn the house down (with the gas cans)?

- Why was semen on Susann? Did he do something (sexually) to Susann either before or after her death?

- Even his own child pokes holes at Alan's excuses. The daughter, when asked about her 3 yr. old brother cutting wood with a hatchet, replies, "How can a 3 yr old even chop wood?" (Alan stated this as a reason for cuts on his left hand.)

- How was the bike used during the crime?

I read through the entire affidavit. He told the cops the cuts on his hands from "cutting apples"...where have I heard that one before? A Home Depot bag in his vehicle with coveralls, a box of latex gloves and a new gas can purchased from Walmart (these perps are sooo predictable). He seems fairly intelligent in some respects, and a complete idiot in others (3-year-old with a hatchet, the web searches :facepalm:). And who has naked sex in their front yard?? I see a lot of "mirroring" in his accusing others of having personality disorders or being sexually abusive. Described by friends and co-workers as "creepy, weird and socially awkward" especially toward females.

I read through the entire affidavit. He told the cops the cuts on his hands from "cutting apples"...where have I heard that one before? A Home Depot bag in his vehicle with coveralls, a box of latex gloves and a new gas can purchased from Walmart (these perps are sooo predictable). He seems fairly intelligent in some respects, and a complete idiot in others (3-year-old with a hatchet, the web searches :facepalm:). And who has naked sex in their front yard?? I see a lot of "mirroring" in his accusing others of having personality disorders or being sexually abusive. Described by friends and co-workers as "creepy, weird and socially awkward" especially toward females.

After reading through it, there is no doubt in my mind that he did it and that it was premeditated. I just wonder why it took so long to arrest him... Hopefully dotting their i's and crossing their t's so it will lead to the best conviction. Lots of respect for the PD in this case!

I went back and watched the interview with Smith and the gf. Very odd and creepy demeanor - he reminds me a lot of Hans Reiser. Hans also had a foreign wife, was going through a bitter divorce/custody battle, accused the wife of abusing the kids (Munchausen by Proxy in Reiser's case, sexual abuse in this one). At least in this case, cops had the body and COD from the start.

How disturbing that he would immediately move back into the home where his wife was murdered...with his new girlfriend. I don't think I would be comfortable moving into any home where a murder had occurred so recently, let alone the wife of my new SO. I would NOT "stand by my man" if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell that he was capable of murder. It doesn't sound like they've even been together more than a few months? Everything about their relationship is bizarre to me.

Some things that stand out to me from the affidavit:

- why did he drive by (but not enter?) Susann's house on 2/12, after leaving Walmart and Home Depot? Did he see police cars at the residence and decide not to stop? Was he planning to return to the scene to clean up or burn the house down (with the gas cans)?

- Why was semen on Susann? Did he do something (sexually) to Susann either before or after her death?

- Even his own child pokes holes at Alan's excuses. The daughter, when asked about her 3 yr. old brother cutting wood with a hatchet, replies, "How can a 3 yr old even chop wood?" (Alan stated this as a reason for cuts on his left hand.)

- How was the bike used during the crime?

Although the affadaivit stated there were no signs of sexual trauma, given Smith's statements that their problems were sexual-and given that poor Susann was found in a bathtub full of water naked from the waist down-I'm guessing that this anally raped her, or tried to. Ew, sorry.

Why drive past the house? I'm thinking you're right about returning to burn the house down, except there was never any gas put in the can.

I'm guessing the bike was used as a getaway vehicle so that Smith's vehicle would not have been identified as being near the crime scene.

My question is where the heck were the kids when this took place? They were there with him and Susan after everyone left the party, but then no mention of them, and if he took off on a bike after killing Susann, well, they couldn't have been with him. Did he bring them somewhere and come back? I really pray they weren't there.

After reading the information about how he spoke of his mother (also named Susan but spelled differently) I would seriously want police to investigate her death further. He claimed she was abusive and mentally ill, and he was the only one with her when she died.

Finally--GREAT JOB DETECTIVES!!!!!

My question is where the heck were the kids when this took place? They were there with him and Susan after everyone left the party, but then no mention of them, and if he took off on a bike after killing Susann, well, they couldn't have been with him. Did he bring them somewhere and come back? I really pray they weren't there.

Finally--GREAT JOB DETECTIVES!!!!!

I wondered where the kids were, too. It sounds like he may have left them in his apartment (while they were sleeping?) and committed the crime at night. I forgot the time of day police said they have surveillance of a bike rider in the area...

I also have to admire the thoroughness of the police. To me, this seems like an open and shut case -- especially if the "confession" to the friend is admissable in court.

Alan seems like a controlling person -- I have to wonder how he felt about Love Thai sharing all of their personal information on Facebook. During the interview, you could tell he was silently trying to will Love Thai to "shut up." ("There are certain things I don't want out there.") Those Facebook postings will come back to bite him in the end.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back