Resolved WA - Tacoma, Little Girl in the Cemetery, Dec'83 - Exhumed body

shadowangel

Black cats consider me unlucky.
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...3886195&dq=calvary-cemetery+girl+tacoma&hl=en

On December 22nd, 1983, the body of a young blonde girl--age estimated as 3 to 5---was found under a tree in Calvary Cemetery. The little girl, wearing a white dress but no coat, was hidden by the overhanging branches of an evergreen in a remote corner of the cemetery.

I've been looking for hours and can't find anything else. There are no other newspaper articles that I can find, no web articles, nothing on the Tacoma PD website, nothing on Doe Network...Just this.
The Tacoma PD were preoccupied at the time, Im sure--This was during the Green River killings. Im just surprised that I can't find anything else related to the finding of this little girl. I'm hoping that it's just me, and that this was resolved in one way or another.

A few years ago the Seattle Post Intelligencer ran several articles on missing persons/unidentifieds in Washington. No mention whatsoever of this little girl.

The only girl I can find a mention of who even comes close, considering the time frame, is Nyleen Kay Marshall (discussed here at WS many times) who vanished from Montana in late June of '83.

(I originally posted this in Cold Cases, but as not everyone ventures there, I'm also posting it here...Mainly because it has me severely bugged).

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...l+tacoma&hl=en

On December 22nd, 1983, the body of a young blonde girl--age estimated as 3 to 5---was found under a tree in Calvary Cemetery. The little girl, wearing a white dress but no coat, was hidden by the overhanging branches of an evergreen in a remote corner of the cemetery.

I've been looking for hours and can't find anything else. There are no other newspaper articles that I can find, no web articles, nothing on the Tacoma PD website, nothing on Doe Network...Just this.
The Tacoma PD were preoccupied at the time, Im sure--This was during the Green River killings. Im just surprised that I can't find anything else related to the finding of this little girl. I'm hoping that it's just me, and that this was resolved in one way or another.

(I originally posted this in Cold Cases, but as not everyone ventures there, I'm also posting it here...Mainly because it has me severely bugged).

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...l+tacoma&hl=en

I spent a lot of time last night trying to find information about this little girl, but I couldn't find anything either.

Fellow WS'er KPDX found an article I had missed...Evidently this little girl had been interred then exhumed by vandals. Sick doesn't begin to cover it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back