WA - Tammy Gibson for beating sex offender with bat, Puyallup, 2008

Scoobs respectfully you are missing my point

This woman got 3 mths for bashing him over the arm with a bat
there are horrible WORSE Crimminals out there that dont get that

It just doesnt seem right to me

OMG - WHERE is her award? That woman does not belong in jail.

YOU GO LADY. RIGHT ON. Now where's my bat.... I'll be back later or mabye not.

I think she deserves three months...in a spa! Good for her. I'm not sure what I would do if I found out a SO was talking with my son or daughter. It might be worse then hitting him with a bat on the arm.

Maybe this is what it takes to get rid of the SO's , since our court system does not seem to be taking care of it too well. It is unreal how many live around Haleigh C.

Scoobs respectfully you are missing my point

This woman got 3 mths for bashing him over the arm with a bat
there are horrible WORSE Crimminals out there that dont get that

It just doesnt seem right to me

I have no quarrel with your disdain for the leniency in sentencing for criminals. We differ on what circumstances are "criminal." :)

Maybe this is what it takes to get rid of the SO's , since our court system does not seem to be taking care of it too well. It is unreal how many live around Haleigh C.

But she didn't "get rid" of him....she just moved him to another community, to be around other children. I wonder if she had called the police, if maybe he wouldn't have been in violation of his parole. Then maybe he'd be back in prison, and she'd be home to protect her children.

But she didn't "get rid" of him....she just moved him to another community, to be around other children. I wonder if she had called the police, if maybe he wouldn't have been in violation of his parole. Then maybe he'd be back in prison, and she'd be home to protect her children.

Odds are he would have been in violation of his parole. But I'm not sure what they would have done to him for this violation.
I can understand this womans urge to protect her child, but this all turned out poorly.

I would spend 3 months in jail in a heartbeat to have a shot at a convicted SO with my bat.. Matter of fact, line them up, and give me 3 months per SO..I'd go to jail proudly to insure that each of these people never harm a child again whether that is my child or someone elses..

I'd go to jail proudly to insure that each of these people never harm a child again whether that is my child or someone elses..

That's a noble thought, but she didn't insure that he would never harm a child again. She's in jail and he isn't.

Not sure where I stand exactly, but if I were going to go to jail for it anyway I would have hit him someplace besides his arm.

Wow.
So...if the SO was a man who rapes GROWN women and he approached the woman, would it be self defense? :waitasec:
IMO, self defense should be extended to one's children.
So many FAIL to protect their children, this woman does and gets jail time?
She should be given the key to her city.

That's a noble thought, but she didn't insure that he would never harm a child again. She's in jail and he isn't.

I give her credit for trying, she probably just didn't hit him hard enough..

She obviously has much more care for this 's life than I would have. I just didn't want to elaborate further..:D

I'd like to know what he did and if his crimes were against children.

Why wouldn't the SO have violated his parole regardless of the Mother beating him with a baseball bat? He did seek out the girl by offering her fireworks. It's pretty sickening that some proven sexual offenders only get probation or slaps on the wrist, but this woman gets jail time. If she had to get anything it should have been probation or community service. IMO she deserved no charges though.

Do all sex offenders have limitations from having access to children, even if they haven't abused children?

Do we know what his offenses were?

Do all sex offenders have limitations from having access to children, even if they haven't abused children?

Do we know what his offenses were?

http://www.komonews.com/news/20547629.html

During the investigation, deputies learned that Baldwin had registered under a false address following his move. He claimed his new home was in the 7900 block of River Road when it was actually in the 1800 block. Baldwin was also taken into custody for reporting false relocation information to authorities.

In 1998, Baldwin was convicted of molesting a 5-year-old girl. While on parole, he sexually assaulted another 5-year-old girl the following year, the sheriff's department said.

Baldwin is believed to be at high risk of re-offending, but was not under community supervision at the time of his arrest.

Amen!!! How many times have we relied on the justice system and have been let down. I don;t really beleive in vigilanties, BUT it is going to take us, the general public fighting back to show these thugs, and SO's that we WILL do whatever it takes to protect our children and family. Like the 80 something year old woman a few days ago that found 4 youths ransacking her home. She started swinging her pots at them and hitting them. They fled. Or the man who found 2 men in his home. He ran out a back door, found the burglars van running. SO he jumped in, drove off in it and called 911. I am not sure the arm is where I would have hit this SO. I dont think I would have been so nice. A leopard does NOT change his spots. I am sure he was instructed NOT to have contact with any minor. So what happened to him? NOTHING. ANyone know where he moved to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back