WA - Theresa Bergman (Found Deceased) and Charles Bergman (husband) - didn't arrive home to Moses Lake - 18 Sept 2022 *Arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Attempt to locate missing Moses Lake residents

MOSES LAKE, WA (20SEPT2022) – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the publics help with locating two missing Moses Lake residents who are overdue to arrive back home as expected.

53-year-old, Theresa Bergman from Moses Lake, was last seen at the Spokane International Airport around 12:40 am early Sunday September 18th, 2022. The husband, 54-year-old, Charles Bergman from Moses Lake, had gone to pick Theresa up at the airport. Charles was last seen on Sunday afternoon on September 18th, 2022 at his apartment located on Arnold Dr in Moses Lake.

Charles and Theresa may be in a silver 2013 Chevy Impala, WA License BLU5395. Both were reported missing by family members in Moses Lake on Monday September 19th, 2022 after they did not return home as expected.

If you have any information regarding the missing individuals, please contact MACC Dispatch at (509) 762-1160, Sgt. G. Mansford at (509)750-8805, or Crime Tips at CrimeTips@grantcountywa.gov. Reference to Case Report #22GS11284.

###
Case number: 22GS11284
Contact and attribution:
B. Lamens, Sergeant
Grant County Sheriff’s Office
509-760-1948
blamens@grantcountywa.gov
Permission granted to news media for redistribution
AGT4/GT13/GT1

308068420_393118589678809_7615383797618997190_n.jpg

308387282_393118593012142_1001120803708466825_n.jpg

307134304_393118596345475_754902072593627005_n.jpg

The distance is just over 100 miles.

Deputies say Theresa was last seen at the airport at about 12:40 a.m. Sunday while Charles, who had gone to pick his wife up at the airport, was last seen Sunday afternoon at his apartment on Arnold Drive. Residents of the apartments reported seeing Charles but he was alone.

Investigators have confirmed Charles pick Theresa up from the airport.

The couple’s daughter posted on Facebook that Theresa’s phone last pinged near Ritzville on Sunday night.

So, Charles was seen at the apartment alone after picking up Theresa? This is odd.

Based on the above information, it seems like this is the timeline:

Sunday, 12:40am - Theresa arrives at the airport. It's confirmed that Charles was there and picked her up.
Sunday, sometime after 12:40am - Theresa's cell phone pings in Ritzville.
Sunday afternoon - Charles is seen alone at their apartment in Moses Lake.

Do I have that correct?

IMO, maybe Theresa was just inside the apartment when Charles was spotted outside by the neighbors? I don't think him being seen alone outside necessarily indicates that Theresa wasn't there at all. Obviously both are missing now.

MOSES LAKE, WA (20SEPT2022) – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the publics help with locating two missing Moses Lake residents who are overdue to arrive back home as expected.

53-year-old, Theresa Bergman from Moses Lake, was last seen at the Spokane International Airport around 12:40 am early Sunday September 18th, 2022. The husband, 54-year-old, Charles Bergman from Moses Lake, had gone to pick Theresa up at the airport. Charles was last seen on Sunday afternoon on September 18th, 2022 at his apartment located on Arnold Dr in Moses Lake.

Charles and Theresa may be in a silver 2013 Chevy Impala, WA License BLU5395. Both were reported missing by family members in Moses Lake on Monday September 19th, 2022 after they did not return home as expected.

RBBM

I am confused, If Charles was seen at his apartment Sunday afternoon why does LE state that neither returned home as expected. Its possible that CB dropped off TB at another location on the way home and then later went back to the other location to be with his wife. This could be mis-communication among family members.

I keep looking for some update/fix to the time/day as if it was misreported otherwise my mind will go a completely different direction. UGH.

GCSO have replied to their own post:
SBM
The times mentioned are correct.

I am confused, If Charles was seen at his apartment Sunday afternoon why does LE state that neither returned home as expected. Its possible that CB dropped off TB at another location on the way home and then later went back to the other location to be with his wife. This could be mis-communication among family members.
Does “his apartment“ mean the two lived separately? Not one of the news reports so far has referred to it being “their apartment” and I think that could be significant.

Based on the above information, it seems like this is the timeline:

Sunday, 12:40am - Theresa arrives at the airport. It's confirmed that Charles was there and picked her up.
Sunday, sometime after 12:40am - Theresa's cell phone pings in Ritzville.
Sunday afternoon - Charles is seen alone at their apartment in Moses Lake.

Do I have that correct?

IMO, maybe Theresa was just inside the apartment when Charles was spotted outside by the neighbors? I don't think him being seen alone outside necessarily indicates that Theresa wasn't there at all. Obviously both are missing now.
The only thing I’ve seen on Theresa’s phone pinging was from the daughter. She said Sunday night. I think we’re missing pertinent information all around.

Grant County Sheriff's Office posted an update on Facebook:

"Detectives from the Major Crimes Unit have been following up on leads in this case as well as re-interviewing witnesses. It appears after initial information reference Charles being seen at home Sunday afternoon, was not accurate. Detectives reviewed video footage of the area and were not able to confirm him being at home. After reviewing cellphone data for both missing persons, it appeared there was a signal that was last recorded in remote Lincoln County. Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office was notified and have checked the area. They were not able to locate the missing persons."

Considering the update from the sheriff above, it now sounds like Charles picked up Theresa at the airport and they intended to head home but instead, they (along with their car) have vanished.

Admittedly, I am not the best map maker. I am confused by their route back to Moses Lake. Why didn't they take I-90 from the airport instead of the road less traveled that takes them through Lincoln County?

Spokane Airport through rural Lincoln County (the Odessa area) via Hwy 2

1 hr 59 min (108 miles)

Spokane International Airport to Moses Lake

Spokane Airport to Moses Lake via I-90

2 hr 08 min (120 miles)

Last edited:
Admittedly, I am not the best map maker. I am confused by their route back to Moses Lake. Why didn't they take I-90 from the airport instead of the road less traveled that takes them through Lincoln County?

Spokane Airport through rural Lincoln County (the Odessa area) via Hwy 2

1 hr 59 min (108 miles)

Spokane Airport to Moses Lake via I-90

2 hr 08 min (120 miles)

In reviewing google maps, their reported apartment is on Arnold Drive which is NW of downtown Moses Lake, so taking the rural route is actually a couple miles shorter than I-90.

As a side note, the one reported ping in Ritzville would put them on I-90, but the confirmed ping from LE that is referenced puts them in Lincoln County as you noted. Although LE found nothing when searching the area, wondering if they could have had an accident with their car leaving the road and it's just not been found yet. It was late at night...sometime after 12:40am when they would have been driving.

In reviewing google maps, their reported apartment is on Arnold Drive which is NW of downtown Moses Lake, so taking the rural route is actually a couple miles shorter than I-90.

As a side note, the one reported ping in Ritzville would put them on I-90, but the confirmed ping from LE that is referenced puts them in Lincoln County as you noted. Although LE found nothing when searching the area, wondering if they could have had an accident with their car leaving the road and it's just not been found yet. It was late at night...sometime after 12:40am when they would have been driving.

I read on the Sheriff's FB page that someone urged LEO to search the [along I-90] Sprague Lake areas for treacherous drop offs. The North side of Sprague Lake is located in Lincoln County. Ritzville [Adams County] is further South than the lake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back