WA - Theresa Bergman (Found Deceased) and Charles Bergman (husband) - didn't arrive home to Moses Lake - 18 Sept 2022 *Arrest*

Is this man serious? Buying rope and a shovel with a credit card the day before you’re expected to pick up your wife from the airport in the year 2022?!
Yes I thought the same - but then realised maybe he doesn't care about those details as he is planning to suicide? What does he have left in this world after murdering his wife and deceiving his children? I wish he would have just let her go live her life. It was hers to live not his to take. IMO JMO of course

Charles Bergman ARRESTED in Pennsylvania

Both the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office and the Grant County Sheriff’s Office worked together with the US Marshals who located Bergman in New Stanton, Pennsylvania where he was taken into custody without incident. Bergman was arrested under suspicion of first degree premeditated murder and will await extradition to Washington.

Perhaps the ATM he used was in the next state over.

/JMO
Trouble is, he is so exceptionally average, I would not recognize him ever. So is the car. Don't even know whether it is easier to drive to SeaTac and fly out somewhere, to go to Idaho or to Oregon. Moses Lake is in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if he has a friend who would harbor him for a while.

(ETA: didn't yet read about the arrest when posted. Probably he planned to drive to the state of NY, or maybe down to FLA. You can drive fast on I-90, we once got from Seattle to New England in 6 days. So I assume he took I-90 with the cameras, hence it was easy to find him).

Last edited:
Roadgeek here. New Stanton is an interchange on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76), where I-70 joins I-76 to "multiplex" as far as Breezewood, PA where 70 and 76 go their separate ways. IMO there are better, toll-free ways to get to NYC than this, after leaving the OH Turnpike (I-80 & I-90) which I assume he took.
TB went to "New York". Was the BF in NYC, or elsewhere in the state?
MOO

Our US Marshals are an awesome group of Law Enforcement. Hats off to them for swiftly locating this killer named Charles Bergman.

wiki:
New Stanton is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,173 at the 2010 census. New Stanton is often used as a control city in western parts of Pennsylvania, as I-70 joins the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) eastbound towards Breezewood, Pennsylvania in New Stanton, and is a free highway westbound.

... the borough has a total area of 4.0 square miles; 3.9 sq miles are land.

A control city is a city, locality, or other location posted on a series of traffic signs along a particular stretch of road indicating destinations on that route.[1] Together with route numbers and cardinal directions, these focal points aid the motorist navigating along a highway system. Such cities appear on signs at junctions to indicate where the intersecting road goes and where the road ahead goes. They are also typically used on distance signs.

Perhaps he was just passing through. Wonder if using the I-70 to I-76 PA turnpike that runs all the way to New Jersey was his last mistake that got him caught.

Good catch! I'm pretty confident he isn't headed in my direction (Olympic Peninsula) but I do wonder if he's crossed into Canada. Seems like he had quite a bit of a head start though we don't have a well-detailed timeline yet.
I think Canada is a good bet; although, that would be more beneficial if he committed the crime in a DP state, and I don't believe Washington State has it??

Our US Marshals are an awesome group of Law Enforcement. Hats off to them for swiftly locating this killer named Charles Bergman.

wiki:
New Stanton is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,173 at the 2010 census. New Stanton is often used as a control city in western parts of Pennsylvania, as I-70 joins the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) eastbound towards Breezewood, Pennsylvania in New Stanton, and is a free highway westbound.

... the borough has a total area of 4.0 square miles; 3.9 sq miles are land.

Perhaps he was just passing through. Wonder if using the I-70 to I-76 PA turnpike that runs all the way to New Jersey was his last mistake that got him caught.
He should've stayed and crossed at the northern part of the state, not the turnpike. But why did he drive from Washington almost cross country? I'd have rolled the dice and gone into Canada, from Washington or nearby. MOO

He should've stayed and crossed at the northern part of the state, not the turnpike. But why did he drive from Washington almost cross country? I'd have rolled the dice and gone into Canada, from Washington or nearby. MOO
We’re thinking maybe he was heading to NY where Theresa’s boyfriend lives. Hopefully we’ll find out over the next few days.

From the official Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office page on Facebook:

09/23/22 11:33 hours

*UPDATE*

A nation-wide extradition arrest warrant has been issued out of Lincoln County Superior Court for Charles Bergman under the suspicion of Murder in the first degree relating to the death of his wife, Theresa Bergman, whose body was discovered in rural Lincoln County on 09/22/22.

We are asking for the community’s help in locating Charles Bergman who was last known to be driving a silver 2013 Chevy Impala with Washington license plate # BLU5395. Bergman should be considered dangerous and should not be approached, but we request anyone with information on his whereabouts contact the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 509-725-3501 or dial 911.

That was a real quick autopsy and/or very obvious that Theresa was murdered. I feel so sorry for her daughter. Unimaginable to have to deal with this.

A little more information but kind of a head scratcher:

Charles’ phone records reportedly show he arrived at the Spokane airport at about 12:40 a.m. Sept. 18. Both his and Theresa’s phone then appear to travel west on I-90 until both cellphones went offline just before 2 a.m. in the Sprague area, according to investigators.

At about 4:15 p.m. Sept. 18, Theresa’s phone is back online for one second and registers a location west of Harrington in Lincoln County.

Investigators also obtained Google search records for Charles’ phone that they say showed he searched for “lorazepam and alcohol” and “what is a lethal dose of lorazepam,” according to court records.
Was he searching on the drugs for himself or as a backup plan to murder Theresa? If for himself then I'd speculate that he planned to confront and murder the boyfriend in NY then off himself.

A little more information but kind of a head scratcher:

Charles’ phone records reportedly show he arrived at the Spokane airport at about 12:40 a.m. Sept. 18. Both his and Theresa’s phone then appear to travel west on I-90 until both cellphones went offline just before 2 a.m. in the Sprague area, according to investigators.

At about 4:15 p.m. Sept. 18, Theresa’s phone is back online for one second and registers a location west of Harrington in Lincoln County.

Investigators also obtained Google search records for Charles’ phone that they say showed he searched for “lorazepam and alcohol” and “what is a lethal dose of lorazepam,” according to court records.
Was he searching on the drugs for himself or as a backup plan to murder Theresa? If for himself then I'd speculate that he planned to confront and murder the boyfriend in NY then off himself.
It could be either, but I'm on the fence over which. I'm curious how he had access to Lorazepam. Was it something he had prescribed for him, or for Theresa?

So it could have been a nice peaceful death for him, numb himself with alcohol and drugs and a horrible evil violent crack her skull open end for his wife :mad:
Why didn't he skip the murder part and just go straight to the pills and alcohol for himself part?
I mean if that was his endgame why not just do that instead of killing his wife?
I'm not encouraging suicidal ideation here, just not understanding murder I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back