GUILTY WA - Travis Padgett for raping 3 teen girls, Yakima, 2013

What was the boat wearing? Probably asking for it.

What a skeevy waste of DNA breathing up our air. This has been quite a revolting read :gasp: and it takes a lot to shock me.

Omg, you! Boat... :lol:

And this is how I see his potential innocence in this case: when seasoned police officers say that what they found in his house made them physically sick, I tend to believe the guy they've charged100% dunnit.

Cannot wait to hear this grub has been put away for 3 solid decades, the end. It is my fervent wish. Pity it's not five.

And this is how I see his potential innocence in this case: when seasoned police officers say that what they found in his house made them physically sick, I tend to believe the guy they've charged100% dunnit.

Cannot wait to hear this grub has been put away for 3 solid decades, the end. It is my fervent wish. Pity it's not five.

BBM Yikes, no kidding!

Yup, seems like the world would be a much better place with him in prison. Or under the prison.

I totally agree with you.

Looks like it wasn't granted though... it was originally and then overall they wouldn't. The re-tri was refused because the judge looked into the case and felt that 3 people couldn't have collaborated such a story together to lie. "Your theory throughout this case has been that these people got together. They planned their attack. They were manipulative and they sold me out for something I didn't do. That was not the impression that clearly this court obtained." Judge Bartheld had said. Only his son showed up to court the others were written testimonies. He was sentenced 30 years and the lawyer put in an appeal directly after. There is no official evidence, it is hearsay information. The case documents are sealed for reasons of protecting the victim/s identity. Those were some points in the motions I had mentioned previously. This is a case and situation where I had no question of this mans guilt but I can't even believe I have come to find myself intrigued that perhaps this is a man who didn't do these things. The "sex dungeon" what was in that basement? To be continued I suppose. Also states vary with the term "child rape" Washington state RCW 9a.44.079 Rape of a child in the third degree.
(1) A person is guilty of rape of a child in the third degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim.
(2) Rape of a child in the third degree is a class C felony.

When it comes to the age of someones testimony, a 15 year olds declaration...
Not saying it's alright at any age, not saying it can't be true just saying what if he wasn't guilty? With no hard evidence or proof despite Harley Moores statements in court. 30 years is an awful long sentence if these were lies!

He sexually penetrated (with his penis) a child to whom he was related as well as two other unrelated, known victims. Sounds like rape to me.

Did you see the pictures of his basement? After he was arrested they went to his house and one of his victims was chained up in his sex dungeon.

You may doubt his guilt. I sure don't.

Padgett repeatedly raped three 14-year-olds in his basement. And, gave them meth before sex.

His sentencing was delayed because he was fighting for a new trial. But, the judge had had enough.

"I have no doubt that you committed these offenses."

Family members of the victims spoke about the damage Padgett did to them.

"He doesn't have the happy smiling face, spring in his step like he used to."

"I may be many things, but I'm certainly not a child rapist or a drug dealer."

Judge Bartheld didn't buy it.

"Your theory throughout this case has been that these people got together. They planned their attack. They were manipulative and they sold me out for something I didn't do. That was not the impression that clearly this court obtained."

He was disturbed by what he called Padgett's "rapt fascination" with the victims' testimony in the trial. All factors that put him away for the next 30 years.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Pa...years-in-prison-for-child-rape-283510391.html

I honestly think that he thought - because he was working as a paralegal - he'd get off scot free, and when that didn't happen, that he'd win a new trial.

Yay for that judge!!!

I am *proud* of us here, and all the work people did early on with ID'ing his gf, tracking his criminal background, etc. I wish you guys could have heard the bemusement in the voice of that charming officer in Yakima when I phoned in our info, at getting a call from Australia. I reckon he'd still be chuckling about that, now and then.

Now, let us hope Padgett STAYS in jail, for his full 30 years. And that his young victims, those we know about and those we don't, manage to heal and grow beyond the harm he's caused.

Ooh and some VERY interesting comments below that article!!!!

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Pa...years-in-prison-for-child-rape-283510391.html

Thanks for linking that, toetag!

Now, let's just hope that little girl we were concerned about early on is being taken care of properly... We'll likely never know. But let's keep her in our thoughts, and hope her so-and-so of a mother gets some serious help, or a jail sentence of her own.

Very glad they are allowing actual EVIDENCE in the trial! If any of us would want due process and a fair trial with the right to appeal then we need to allow this process for him. Innocent until proven guilty

Yup. Proven guilty. Based on the EVIDENCE. As fully expected.

There was a "sex swing" with no one found in it nor was anyone restricted or there against their will. The female there at the time was possibly a friend of his sons and thrown out in court.

You are incorrect I'm sorry, it was not based on "EVIDENCE," it was based on "Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt!"

Judge's and Juries consider EVIDENCE when deliberating if a person is guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt"

Hair splitting repaired. You're welcome.

equitable, I guess I'm just finding it hard to understand why you're so invested in questioning the guilt of this sleazy, convicted sex offender. Do you know him personally? Really? He IN JAIL because a jury found him guilty, based on what a pile of disgusted cops found in his basement, and the testimony of his victims.

And they're not the only victims who've spoken up about his rapey ways and liking for youngsters. A brief tour around the various article discussions shows this pretty clearly.

If you're a pal of his, why not say so openly? If not.. well, I just cannot fathom where you're coming from at all, sorry.

just the slightest chance that an evil man like this might have his verdict set side and be given a new trial is reason enough for judges to abide by all the rules of law. Even though victims don't seem to have "rights", criminals do, and they should be protected to ensure they don't walk free after committing such attrocities.

This man is evil. What he did to these kids is evil. 30 years is not enough IMO. He will still be a danger when he is released.

Where did you receive information on evidence for this case or anything other than a news story please? Thank you. I do not know Mr. Padgett personally as I had explained to you in a personal e-mail on the matter.

It's been eons since I posted and had dug into this case at the beginning of the thread. I just never got it? Something was shifty about it from get go aside from the aliases, freak outdoor photos and that odd Chamber Of Commerce hook up. Which btw if i remember was legit, but when we contacted them they said he was "just part time".

Honestly I figured he was an informant.

Glad to see he is locked up. Well let's hope he is. Ya never know.

Thanks for all the work everyone put into this.

He's locked up. Has been in two facilities. However he has appeals out the wazoo. His phone logs, and his PIN and publish the first page of this and that.

Sorry no links. They're there right under his "real" name. Which again I still don't get. He's the thing of nightmares. All one can do is pray he don't get set free, but pray harder that the children he so brutally and viciously attacked and stole their trust grow brave, and strong, and loved and able to trust.

Only other question besides meth what the he** was wrong with this creep con?

He's locked up. Has been in two facilities. However he has appeals out the wazoo. His phone logs, and his PIN and publish the first page of this and that.

Sorry no links. They're there right under his "real" name. Which again I still don't get. He's the thing of nightmares. All one can do is pray he don't get set free, but pray harder that the children he so brutally and viciously attacked and stole their trust grow brave, and strong, and loved and able to trust.

Only other question besides meth what the he** was wrong with this creep con?

Filly! THE Filly who has been absent from WS for eons! or do I have the wrong person lol

It's been eons since I posted and had dug into this case at the beginning of the thread. I just never got it? Something was shifty about it from get go aside from the aliases, freak outdoor photos and that odd Chamber Of Commerce hook up. Which btw if i remember was legit, but when we contacted them they said he was "just part time".

Honestly I figured he was an informant.

Glad to see he is locked up. Well let's hope he is. Ya never know.

Thanks for all the work everyone put into this.

it IS you!
do you realize there is lots of posts wondering where you went to

ETA: two of the threads:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ow-her-outside-ws.190062/page-8#post-12847293

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/saint-filly-the-caregiver.121289/page-2#post-13961947

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back