WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

No updates anywhere, not even the Help Find Tyler FB page.

I stopped by the "Help Find..." FB page and saw that a member had commented recently that she wondered if this case was connected to another missing person named Mike Sutherland.

I checked out his "Help Find..." FB page and created a thread for him here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-quot-Sutherland-20-Shoreline-WA-June-26-2015

I am usually not one who tries to make chains out of gossamer but the similarities are strange. While a few years apart in age, they have a similar look and shared many of the same interests including running and hiking & fishing. I know that we have more to go on with Tyler knowing that he did hitch and he did make it to the peninsula, etc. It does not seem that these two could be much connected. But it is very odd considering how much they look alike IMO.

Are the two towns where both these kids disappeared close to each other?? There are some similarities for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable that Tyler has disappeared into thin air...7 months ago.

Unbelievable that Tyler has disappeared into thin air...7 months ago.

I've thought from the beginning it was him feeling shame for something that his family wouldn't agree with. Whether it's suicide or not, if so...then I think he would also have had depression mixed in as well to add to the despair. I feel like he is living with a family somewhere on the Peninsula. And he ditched that stuff to leave a fake trail. I base this "not suicide" theory on the fact that his family seems to have stopped feeling sad. Now that is a judgment, yes, and who knows how they really feel. But the sister Liz who was the spokesperson was recently posting about stuff she was making for a fair or something like that. Nothing more about him, nothing at all. Perhaps they have come to terms with the fact that he's gone and they can't feel sad because there's no closure yet. But part of me thinks they have a clue he's somewhere - perhaps a voicemail message left in the middle of the night to reassure them he's ok and just wants to be away. Otherwise they'd still be pleading for more searching.

I still come by here often to check... this was the first case that got me into Websleuths and my heart still breaks every time I think of this young boy and his family. I would imagine the "going on with life" is simply a necessity when you don't really have any other choice due to lack of info... but I also wish if his family DID have anything making them think he is just living elsewhere that they would come forward with it. I know it's not really any of our business, but some of us do have a special place in our hearts for them, even though we don't know them personally.

Thinking of Tyler today. No updates anywhere. His sister did post on her own FB today, and he is still missing. :(

Are the two towns where both these kids disappeared close to each other?? There are some similarities for sure.

They are pretty close. The bike path mentioned runs up through Lynnwood, which is adjacent to Mukilteo.

Did they maybe remove the post ? I went on that FB page and there isn't anything posted recently that I could see. .. odd.

The last post, with a message asking if he had been found was removed... not sure why. There has been no activity on his FB page of the website set up for him. It is as though the family is not looking for him any longer. Has there been ANY further communication from his family? Updates?

just marking my place. i think of tyler often.

On a quick google search I see there is a help find Tyler twitter page and also helpfindTyler.com website as well as numerous articles (nothing too recent). It baffles me that a 16 year old could stay under the radar this long. I just hope he is happy and okay. Where r u Tyler ?

Strange, pitkrew, that we both thought of Tyler in the past couple of days...I just came to check if there were any updates that I had missed. Wish we had news of him.

I've been thinking of Tyler recently and thought I would come on here to see if there were any updates. It's so sad that this much time has passed with no answers. I know he is not forgotten by his family and friends, but in many ways, it feels like his disappearance has just been accepted by those who knew him as something that can't be changed. I just don't understand that. I see no reason for him to not still be considered a missing person who STILL needs to be found and actively searched for.

I've been thinking of Tyler recently and thought I would come on here to see if there were any updates. It's so sad that this much time has passed with no answers. I know he is not forgotten by his family and friends, but in many ways, it feels like his disappearance has just been accepted by those who knew him as something that can't be changed. I just don't understand that. I see no reason for him to not still be considered a missing person who STILL needs to be found and actively searched for.

That is how I see it, too. I still check in on his family's FB page and group periodically. Other than a Christmas post, there has been no activity since his sister stated they would no longer post unless they had new info. But there are still people making comments, asking if there is no info, etc. None of these comments are ever answered. I can't imagine what it would mean to have someone voluntarily walk away like Tyler appears to have done, but it does seem as if the family has just accepted it in terms of not engaging actively with the public to keep the search going.

Last time I was home in the Fall, the missing posters were already faded and tattered. Nothing was being refreshed or replaced that I was able to see in either the Mukilteo nor the peninsula.

When I get a notification on Tyler's thread, I can't open it fast enough in the hopes that Tyler has been located and is safe and I'm always left saddened and even more confused than before. Maybe his family's relative silence will make sense to us one day. Come home Tyler !!

Ps.. I would love to see this story on "Disappeared". A new season starts soon.

I have suicide as a possibility on my mind given his last comment to his sister. It just seems like he thought he wouldn't be coming back.

Can anyone tell me what his last comment to his sister was? I can´t find it....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back