GUILTY WA - Victor Vasquez, 68, & Hank Eisses, 49, murdered, Bellingham, 26 Aug 2005

Good riddance, and hopefully the imposter can finish his list before he's caught.

:D

I am not going to lose any sleep over a serial killer who stalks child rapists. ;)

They should give that man a medal of honor. I hope he gets a hell of alot more before they find him!

mysteriew said:
Police tell us they can't ignore the confession, and to be safe they called sex offenders telling them don't let people into their homes and always ask for identification. ]

Am I the only one who actually laughed out loud at this? We need to tell sex offenders to not let people into their homes? How ironic. Now the hunters have become the hunted.
I can't honestly say that I'm crying for the "loss" of these two people.

mysteriew said:
They look at the sex offenders and their crimes, the amount of violence in the attack, they interview, and do an assesment of the potiental for the offender to reoffend. (I am not real clear as to what criteria they use). Anyway, they have assigned 3 classes to sex offenders. Level 1 is considered least likely to reoffend. Level 2 is mod risk, and Level 3 is the highest and is often referred to as a sexual predator. They are considered most likely to reoffend.

Thanks Mysterview. I had no idea it was such an intricate system........

On Wednesday, the local newspaper received a letter from someone claiming responsibility for the slayings and threatening to kill all Whatcom County sex offenders designated as Level III, considered the most likely to commit similar crimes again.

Now, as Bellingham police investigate what appears to be a case of vigilantism, local leaders and activists have renewed the debate over the 1990 state law requiring sex offenders to register their addresses.

"If this is a case of revenge or vigilantism, then it brings to light the question, 'Are there unintended consequences of this well-intentioned law?' " said Bellingham Mayor Mark Asmundson.

Washington was the first state to pass such a law, which is intended to help the public keep track of dangerous sexual predators. In 1994, Congress mandated states to create registers of sex offenders. Now all 50 states have their own version of Washington's "Community Protection Act."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3339508

I live about an hour's drive from Bellingham. Our community only has one Level 3 offender, (we ran the other one off; said he had too many threats on his life!:D ) but I was hoping he might visit here. In his letter, he did mention the offenders BY NAME. I do worry it might threathen our listings of offenders. Only true heathens make the Level 3 list in Washington. The crime must have been especially violent, targeted at someone outside his own family, usually against a child or more than once against an adult AND refusing any form of treatment while incarcerated. It is not possible for me to feel any sympathy for these people. Perhaps it was a relative the killer is avenging. I'm not sure but what I would do the same if someone touched one of my girls. Anyway, as far as I am concerned, level 3's should never be released to begin with.

I feel that way too Sheromom. If they feel their life is in danger, allow them to choose to go back to incarceration.

A man has turned himself in the killing of two sex offenders, saying he picked the victims from a Web site, police said.

Michael Anthony Mullen, 36, who gave no fixed address but has lived in Whatcom County most of his life, called 911 to claim responsibility Monday and was contacted by officers, who said he gave information that only the killer would know, according to a police news release. He was jailed for investigation of two counts of first-degree murder.

Mullen said he mailed letters about the killings to several news outlets last week, police said. In a report published Thursday, The Bellingham Herald, the daily newspaper in this college and mill town of about 71,000, reported that the letter threatened the lives of other sexual predators.

Police told the newspaper the information in the letter was vague and could have come from previously published reports.
http://www.komotv.com/stories/39003.htm

Observer said:
I just keep thinking it's a shame the third sex offender in the house got away. Something else that bothers me is that if this man gets caught he will probably do more time than the child rapists that he killed.
I agree! I hope he covered his tracks well and doesn't get caught.

bakerprune64 said:
I agree! I hope he covered his tracks well and doesn't get caught.

LOL, he turned himself in.

Well it was good while it lasted.

I seriously have no trouble with this type of serial killer.

Casshew said:
Well it was good while it lasted.

I seriously have no trouble with this type of serial killer.

Sadly, he will probably get the death penalty.
I just hope it doesn't screw up the strides we have made with the sex offenders laws.

golfmom said:
Misterallgood blogged this, AND get this! the guy blogged a confession!!! and misterallgood caught a screen shot.

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/

I first thought that this guy was the relative of a victim. After reading this, now I think that maybe he was a victim himself in the past.

mysteriew said:
LOL, he turned himself in.
How stupid was that! He could have remained free...cleaning up all of the garbage that the justice systems let loose on society.

bakerprune64 said:
How stupid was that! He could have remained free...cleaning up all of the garbage that the justice systems let loose on society.

He wanted credit for what he did. Check out the darkside of planet huff article.

A man arrested in the shooting deaths of two convicted child rapists tried to plead guilty Tuesday before he had even been formally charged.

"Can I have a speedy trial?" Mullen asked a court official, via closed circuit television from jail, during a preliminary hearing Tuesday. "I would like to plead guilty."

Prosecutor Mac Setter said Mullen would be formally charged with the murders Wednesday. Whatcom County Superior Court Commissioner David Thorn set bail at $1 million and scheduled Mullen's arraignment - when a formal plea may be entered - for Sept. 16.

The hearing revealed that Mullen may have had help on the day the two men died. Setter said an unidentified woman whom he described as a witness had driven Mullen to and from the scene.

"One possible reason was the case in Idaho," Bellingham Police Lt. Craige Ambrose told The Associated Press. Ambrose wouldn't elaborate, and Setter refused to discuss possible motives.
http://start.earthlink.net/article/gen?guid=20050906/431d1440_3ca6_1552620050906-445993572

Police say the suspect arrested in the shooting deaths of two Level Three sex offenders in Bellingham says he was motivated by the northern Idaho killings and child abductions.

He told officers he planned the attack for some time and chose the victims from the county sex offender Web site. He also says he wrote letters to news media last week confessing to the crime.
http://www.kxly.com/new/getstory.asp?id=44971

mysteriew said:
He wanted credit for what he did. Check out the darkside of planet huff article.
But I wanted to credit him with so much MORE!!!

Sheromom said:
But I wanted to credit him with so much MORE!!!

LOL, I can't hate the man for what he has done. But I fear that he may set back the notification laws for sex offenders. I feel this would be very wrong, to protect the sex offenders at the cost of possibly exposing more children. I wouldn't give the guy a medal for what he did, but I wouldn't have looked for him real hard. The trouble with this kind of guy is that once he had killed a few- who could say that he wouldn't decide some other kind of justice was needed- say maybe against the guy with barking dog down the street, or the guy who works with some kids group, who has never been under any suspicion of anything criminal- but who the vigilante was suspicious of. He is just too much of a wild card.
I wonder about the woman who drove him to the guys house that day and how much she knew of what was going to occur. I wonder if he had given her an excuse for dropping him off and picking him up- or if she was also involved in this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back