WA WA - White male, UP14843, Everett, 20 June 1980

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by sasha17, Jun 23, 2019.

1. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

On June 20, 1980, the decedent was found floating in the Snohomish River near Dagmar's Landing (Everett Jetty at the mouth of the Snohomish River) by boaters. He is estimated to be 20-40 years old and the estimated year of death is 1980 (PMI 3 months). He was wearing a tan short sleeved cotton shirt buttoned in the front, possibly a white cotton knit t-shirt (Health Knit 42-44), blue swimming trunks with white stripes on the side, and tan cotton "Big Mac" coveralls.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NamUs #UP14843 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Liv27 and iulia like this.

2. Liv27

Liv27 Well-Known Member

I have good/bad news on Jetty Doe:

Bad news is that Darryl Roy Frye has been ruled out for Jetty Doe. We’ve been testing since February.

Good news is that Jetty Doe now has a DNA profile!

sasha17 and Melt71 like this.
  3. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

Thank you for the update, and for bumping this post up again. I think it's interesting that he was found wearing a button up shirt with a white cotton shirt underneath, swimming trunks, and a pair of coveralls. It seems like an unusual combination of clothing.

Liv27 likes this.
  4. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Mechanics I've known will wear very lightweight shorts under coveralls to lessen bulk. They leave jeans in truck or locker while wearing coveralls or insulated overalls.