Identified! WA - White male, UP14843, Everett, Jun'80 - Steven Lee Knox

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
On June 20, 1980, the decedent was found floating in the Snohomish River near Dagmar's Landing (Everett Jetty at the mouth of the Snohomish River) by boaters. He is estimated to be 20-40 years old and the estimated year of death is 1980 (PMI 3 months). He was wearing a tan short sleeved cotton shirt buttoned in the front, possibly a white cotton knit t-shirt (Health Knit 42-44), blue swimming trunks with white stripes on the side, and tan cotton "Big Mac" coveralls.

Original
Original

NamUs #UP14843 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I have good/bad news on Jetty Doe:

Bad news is that Darryl Roy Frye has been ruled out for Jetty Doe. We’ve been testing since February.

Good news is that Jetty Doe now has a DNA profile!

Thank you for the update, and for bumping this post up again. I think it's interesting that he was found wearing a button up shirt with a white cotton shirt underneath, swimming trunks, and a pair of coveralls. It seems like an unusual combination of clothing.

Thank you for the update, and for bumping this post up again. I think it's interesting that he was found wearing a button up shirt with a white cotton shirt underneath, swimming trunks, and a pair of coveralls. It seems like an unusual combination of clothing.
Mechanics I've known will wear very lightweight shorts under coveralls to lessen bulk. They leave jeans in truck or locker while wearing coveralls or insulated overalls.

No update on this case in Namus for over a year. @Liv27 your MP was ruled out on the basis of DNA? Would this case make a good DDP case if DNA was able to be extracted for the initial LE tests?

@othram I notice in another thread a few days ago you said how much you love Snohomish Co investigators.....

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your work on this! I've thought about this guy a lot over the past few years.

Steven, rest in peace.
The folks from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office and Medical Examiner’s Office are a pleasure to work and they happen to also be great at genealogical research.

From Othram’s article.: In July 2021, the Cold Case Team of the US Air Force was contacted and was able to provide Steven’s dental records from his time in the service. The records were sent to Dr. Bell who compared them against John Doe’s records and found them to be a match. Steven Lee Knox was formally identified on July 15, 2021.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back