Identified! WA - Seattle, Wht Male, 30-60, UP17874, on Beach, Adidas Underwear, Air Jordans, Dec '17/Jan '18 - Paul Bossart, Jr.

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
unidentified-case-18-0185.ashx

Case #18-0185

• Found December 23, 2017 and January 22, 2018 washed up on a beach below the Magnolia neighborhood, Seattle
  • Adult, white male
  • Height: 5'11" (estimated)
  • Wearing dark Adidas underwear and black Air Jordan high tops
  • Estimated time of death: 2017
Unidentified remains - King County

Hi everyone! I am new to Websleuths and I found an interesting case I’d like to share with you.

Partial body washed ashore in Seattle last month. He was estimated to have been dead for 1-2 years.

Height: 5’8-5’11
Race: White

Here’s his NAMUS: Unidentified Person Case
I also have a MP I’d like to compare possibly.

In the height and age range. Went missing in 2017. Sort of looks like the recon.

Missing Person Case

Alright, this might be a hard one to solve because of the missing information. I found a close ones, but I'm not confident in the match. On another note, am I the only one who thinks that the John Doe is on the younger side of the age range? JMO

Rolando Gabriel Gutierrez - Missing Person Case
The face is good, but not perfect. He is also biracial possibly, so that needs to be addressed.

Alright, this might be a hard one to solve because of the missing information. I found a close ones, but I'm not confident in the match. On another note, am I the only one who thinks that the John Doe is on the younger side of the age range? JMO

The face is good, but not perfect. He is also biracial possibly, so that needs to be addressed.
Hmmm the reconstruction looks similar. The MP was over 2 and a half hours away from where the body was found though. Still want to look into him more.

I also have a MP I’d like to compare possibly.

In the height and age range. Went missing in 2017. Sort of looks like the recon.

Missing Person Case

Your MP, Scott M. Hubanks appears to have a connection with Madison and Whitewater, Wisconsin as well as Seattle. He has a list of aliases which include
Aliases:
  • DANIEL D HEUBANKS
  • DANIEL D HUBANKS
  • JAMES I HARRISON
  • JOHN M HANSON
  • SCOTT HUBANKS
His mugshot pics shown at the link below look very similar to the UID composite linked above. The pic on his NamUs page doesn't look like the same man, IMO, but the mugshots show more favoritism amongst the two. I think you're sniffing down the correct path. Stats match fairly well as do the last date of contact of Mr. Hubanks and the discovery of the UID. That's my opinion of course. I wonder what others think.

Scott M Hubanks Mugshot 20200476 - Scott M Hubanks Arrest - Walworth County, WI

I can see the resemblance between Rolando and the UID however, the description doesn't make note of tattoos or piercings but Rolando has both. Granted sometimes that's a strategic move by LE. Also, as you noted Rolando being biracial does present an issue in that it's usually but not always noted. I think there's a very slight possibility these are a match. I'd keep him on the back burner. MOO

Your MP, Scott M. Hubanks appears to have a connection with Madison and Whitewater, Wisconsin as well as Seattle. He has a list of aliases which include
Aliases:
  • DANIEL D HEUBANKS
  • DANIEL D HUBANKS
  • JAMES I HARRISON
  • JOHN M HANSON
  • SCOTT HUBANKS
His mugshot pics shown at the link below look very similar to the UID composite linked above. The pic on his NamUs page doesn't look like the same man, IMO, but the mugshots show more favoritism amongst the two. I think you're sniffing down the correct path. Stats match fairly well as do the last date of contact of Mr. Hubanks and the discovery of the UID. That's my opinion of course. I wonder what others think.

Scott M Hubanks Mugshot 20200476 - Scott M Hubanks Arrest - Walworth County, WI
Looks like a moderate criminal history. He doesn't seem like a target from anybody however.

I went ahead and sent the Columbia County sheriff’s office the unidentified’s info to see if its a match for Scott Hubanks. They’ll have to contact the medical examiner’s office in King County. If they do not get back to me, I’ll contact the medical examiner myself.

I alerted the moderators to Scott Hubanks' case being resolved so they could move his thread to a different board. However Mr. Hubanks did not have a WS thread yet.

Good work, Liv! Oh, welcome to WS. I just noticed that you're a rather new member just as I.
TTYL

The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office got back to me this morning and they said that Scott Hubanks is actually not missing anymore. They’re going to remove his NAMUS profile now.
But was Scott Hubanks this UID, or was he found unrelated to this case? FYI, the UID's NamUs is still up.

I alerted the moderators to Scott Hubanks' case being resolved so they could move his thread to a different board. However Mr. Hubanks did not have a WS thread yet.

Good work, Liv! Oh, welcome to WS. I just noticed that you're a rather new member just as I.
TTYL
Yeah, he’s not the UID. They just forgot to take his NAMUS down.

But was Scott Hubanks this UID, or was he found unrelated to this case? FYI, the UID's NamUs is still up.
No, he wasn’t the UID. I apologize if my post was a little vague ;) he was unrelated to this case and they just forgot to take his NAMUS Page down. I’m still looking for the UID and I will later update about him if I find a potential match.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back