TRENTON, N.J. Squirrel is off the menu. New Jersey officials are warning residents near a toxic waste dump in the northern part of the state to restrict how much squirrel they eat, two months after a lead-contaminated animal was found in the area. A letter sent to Ringwood residents, many of whom hunt, advised them that children should not eat squirrel more than once a month, pregnant women should limit their intake to twice a month, and adults should not eat squirrel more than twice a week. Weve known for a long time something was wrong here, we just didnt know what it was, resident Myrtle Van Dunk told The Record of Bergen County for Thursdays newspapers. Residents and many environmental activists believe the lead comes from toxic waste, including paint sludge, dumped in the area by the Ford Motor Co. during the 1960s and early 1970s, from its now-closed car manufacturing plant in Mahwah. http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_025150010.html I had no idea that folks did this near such large metropolitan areas..