Warrants & Inv. Reports for the Jan 2010 drug arrests

"If convicted as charged, Ronald Cummings, Misty Cummings, and Donna Brock, could receive a minimum mandatory sentence of twenty-five (25) years in state prison. If convicted, the other individuals can receive minimum sentences ranging from three (3) years to fifteen (15) years in state prison. "

from PCSO's press release

I am thinking that that minimum is for each count.

Bye Bye Ron & Misty :woohoo:

So R & M are each looking at the minimum of 25 years or is it 15 years (which is the least they can get) right? unless one of them cuts a deal and starts talking about Haleigh?

Am I right about this? can someone explain? thanks
The way I understand it, the sentencing goes like this...this includes heroin or any of it's derivatives (oxy, hydrocodone, etc..).

4 to 14 grams of heroin, then the offense carries a three (3) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $50,000 fine.

14 to 28 grams of heroin, then the offense carries a fifteen (15) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $100,000 fine.

28 grams and 30 kilograms, then the offense carries a twenty-five (25) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $500,000 fine.

Misty has 2, 25 year minimum charges, Ronald has one and Donna has one. Misty has three charges that carry a 3 year minimum and another that carries a 15 year minimum. Ron carries a 3 year minimum and 15 year minimum as well. Hope has a 15 year minimum and Tommy a 3 year minimum.

These are the minimums, but if the state wants to make a deal I hear they can "work with" the sentences.

Misty=74 years
Ron=43 years
Donna=25 years
Hope=15 years
Tommy=3 years

Here's the link to Putnam County's press release:

http://www.pcso.us/2010-1-20-a

It states that Ronald & Misty were buying on the day of the arrest (1/20), and were arrested immediately & taken into custody. I haven't seen copies of those yet.
This from the above linked PCSO press release:

"The following list details the charges and bonds for the subjects involved in this case:

Misty Janette Croslin, DOB: 12/09/1991 -
Six (6) Counts of trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $950,000.00)

Ronald Lemyles Cummings, DOB: 10/29/1983 -
Three (3) Counts of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $500,000.00)

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., DOB: 08/02/1986 -
One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $100,000.00)

Hope A. Sykes, DOB: 03/24/1991 - One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $150,000)

Donna Brock - One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $250,000.00)"
An active warrant for Misty is listed on the PC sheriff's office site. Not the actual document, just a listing. I would think that's the one for 1/20/10. But I can't find any others for Ron besides the one here.

The way I understand it, the sentencing goes like this...this includes heroin or any of it's derivatives (oxy, hydrocodone, etc..).

4 to 14 grams of heroin, then the offense carries a three (3) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $50,000 fine.

14 to 28 grams of heroin, then the offense carries a fifteen (15) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $100,000 fine.

28 grams and 30 kilograms, then the offense carries a twenty-five (25) year minimum mandatory sentence and a $500,000 fine.

Misty has 2, 25 year minimum charges, Ronald has one and Donna has one. Misty has three charges that carry a 3 year minimum and another that carries a 15 year minimum. Ron carries a 3 year minimum and 15 year minimum as well. Hope has a 15 year minimum and Tommy a 3 year minimum.

These are the minimums, but if the state wants to make a deal I hear they can "work with" the sentences.

Misty=74 years
Ron=43 years
Donna=25 years
Hope=15 years
Tommy=3 years

Whole lot of talking going to be going on.

Oh yeah there is. Now I don't know if Florida makes these sentences run concurrently or consecutively. Maybe someone with more legal know how can enlighten ?

Either way...25 years is still along time!!!

lol - never mind - I was thinking about the judge not the u/c LEO when I replied. duh.

it's on the warrant.

i was thinking he's got a different name on the street, don't you?

Thanks, I think. You mean the judge's name is on it? The one I viewed only had a signature, I thought. Prolly need to go look again in case I missed it.

Anyone else think the "rolling over" won't start till after they are found guilty of the drug charges??? Gosh, sure hope not.

Oh yeah there is. Now I don't know if Florida makes these sentences run concurrently or consecutively. Maybe someone with more legal know how can enlighten ?

NG had experts on her Misty & Ron arrest nite this week, and I think a few of them had Misty up to 124 years or something wild like that. I wasn't paying strictest attention, but you could, perhaps view the video tape of NG to see various experts chime in on these calculations...

NG had experts on her Misty & Ron arrest nite this week, and I think a few of them had Misty up to 124 years or something wild like that. I wasn't paying strictest attention, but you could, perhaps view the video tape of NG to see various experts chime in on these calculations...
I believe NG was adding the maximums for all of the charges to get those totals.

Wasn't it 180 yrs she kept repeating?

She has lost all cred w/this case in my eyes. (Nayancee, I hate writing that because I was a HUGE fan of yours until this case.)

Wasn't it 180 yrs she kept repeating?

She has lost all cred w/this case in my eyes. (Nayancee, I hate writing that because I was a HUGE fan of yours until this case.)

could have been LFlorida.

I just tune her out so often - the repetitiveness of it all, and the false dramatics drive me to use my brain to do something more interesting, like, umm...match socks. :rolleyes:

-snip-

Whose signature is on those warrants as the judge? [thx - his handwriting is worse than a doctor's.]

PS - I'm sure most of you already know this, but St. Johns, Putnam, Flagler, & Volusia are all 7th Jud Circuit of Fla.
Well, according to Ron, only God can judge him, so... Is it a short signature?

:angel:

Thanks Capri. So the only charges we are missing (from this document) are Ron's two charges ($100,000 and $150,000 bond) and Misty's additional charge ?

And I am wondering if there's not another missing charge for Misty & Ron from Wednesday night?

We keep hearing 7 but so far only 6 charges.

May be OT (or not released) but I'm unclear re times and location/s of these different incidents. Is this detailed anywhere? TIA

:parrot:

May be OT (or not released) but I'm unclear re times and location/s of these different incidents. Is this detailed anywhere? TIA

:parrot:
Haven't seen it yet if it is, Kiki. Would love to know myself.

IIRC NG was using minimum mandatory sentences of 30 years for each charge (GA guidelines?) and not the 25 that is accurate here in FL.

As for concurrent v consecutive, this is Misty's first offense and IMO she will receive concurrent sentences not consecutive. With no priors she has no points to enter into the sentencing worksheets that would make her eligible for maximum and consecutive sentencing.

IIRC NG was using minimum mandatory sentences of 30 years for each charge (GA guidelines?) and not the 25 that is accurate here in FL.
As for concurrent v consecutive, this is Misty's first offense and IMO she will receive concurrent sentences not consecutive. With no priors she has no points to enter into the sentencing worksheets that would make her eligible for maximum and consecutive sentencing.

Yep, that's what NG was doing-she had it all flubbed up.
Talk about exaggerating-which we all know she loves to do!
She needs to get her facts straight before she opens her big mouth, imo.
She is totally misleading and not at all factual.
I'm with you LFlorida-used to be a NG fan but not anymore!
I hadn't watched her for months until the other night when she covered Haleigh's case and I'm sorry now that I did!

Well, according to Ron, only God can judge him, so... Is it a short signature?

:angel:

LOL....been out all evening and just now catching up.....that just may be the funniest comment I have ever heard on this case!!!!! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back